DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:57 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:02 pm
Posts: 12386
Location: Somewhere in Time and Space
Sotiris wrote:
Quote:
Q: You say you have your true north but you're down south in Australia and you've been looking at locations like caves and stalactites and stalagmites and I'm wondering whether Frozen actually goes to a warm continent.

Chris Buck: Well, I can't say. I cannot say that.
Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-01/c ... ng/6435002

Frozen Down Under?

:P

Albert

_________________
WIST #59:
TheSequelOfDisney: I'm gonna go talk to some food about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:58 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:46 am
Posts: 3529
Location: Maryland, USA
Are we really sure she's there for Frozen 2? It's really early to record lines to a movie that they're currently making and Eva never said it was for Frozen 2


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:22 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 10181
Well, she did tweet "Always a good place to start my day! Nice to be back...busy day ahead! Let's do this! #actorslife #FROZEN" and then deleted it after the press took notice of it.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:57 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:06 am
Posts: 10181
Quote:
Q: Disney announced earlier this year that Frozen will have a sequel. What can viewers expect from “Frozen 2”?

Peter Del Vecho: The only thing that I know for sure is that we’re getting the same creative team back together. It’s going to be all the characters we know and love: Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Sven and Olaf. We’re excited by the ideas we have, but it’s too early to talk about them. We wouldn’t be making a sequel if we felt that we didn’t have a story to tell that was equal to or greater than the original.

Q: What are you working on next?

Peter Del Vecho: Right now part of my day is handling the “Frozen” franchise. There is still so much in development. There’s things that are happening in the parks or with consumer products, so I’m still involved in that. The other part of my day is in development with Chris [Buck] and Jen [Lee] the directors, working up ideas for the development of “Frozen 2." Those are my two primary focuses right now.
Source: http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/20 ... filmmakers

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:07 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 9240
Location: North Carolina Gender: Male
Quote:
We wouldn’t be making a sequel if we felt that we didn’t have a story to tell that was equal to or greater than the original.
I hate when directors say this. We know the reason sequels are made because the studio(s) want easy money. It's the same reason WIR and BH6 are getting sequels--not because the directors "had a new story they want to tell." :roll:

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to Frozen 2 and I think they'll come up with a decent story (maybe better/not as good, who knows), but just be honest that a sequel's getting made because the first one made 1.2 billion dollars.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:28 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:00 pm
Posts: 1282
I know, its so laughable...

looks like Hans may not come back.

_________________
Support To Belong
Hullabaloo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:20 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 2644
Disney's Divinity wrote:
Quote:
We wouldn’t be making a sequel if we felt that we didn’t have a story to tell that was equal to or greater than the original.
I hate when directors say this. We know the reason sequels are made because the studio(s) want easy money. It's the same reason WIR and BH6 are getting sequels--not because the directors "had a new story they want to tell." :roll:

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to Frozen 2 and I think they'll come up with a decent story (maybe better/not as good, who knows), but just be honest that a sequel's getting made because the first one made 1.2 billion dollars.

Doing one doesn't exclude the other though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:35 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:06 pm
Posts: 660
But do you know why its easy money? Because there is so much demand for a sequel. People want to see more of the characters they love. They are making a film people want. Because of that, it's not easy money. It took a lot of effort and risk the first time round, and now the directors have even more pressure not to disappoint. I think it's a bit disrespectful to criticise the directors for reasons behind the Executives' decisions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:18 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 9240
Location: North Carolina Gender: Male
Victurtle wrote:
I think it's a bit disrespectful to criticise the directors for reasons behind the Executives' decisions.

I think it's disrespectful to lie, but that's part of the business.

Would it really be wrong to just be straightforward and say, "It was popular, so Disney asked us to look into another story for these beloved characters, blah blah blah." Not this crazy song and dance, "We unexpectedly had a great new idea for a follow-up story, and we're so glad Disney's going to allow us to make a sequel. No, no, Disney didn't pressure us at all!" :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:40 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 pm
Posts: 1185
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Hahaha, so true!^^ Right on the spot, Disney's Divinity!^^ Hollywood seems to be getting more and more sequel and franchise oriented these days. I can't imagine what it would have been like if Disney had been like that in the 90's. We might actually have gotten decent sequels like The Little Mermaid 2, Beauty and the Beast 2, Aladdin 3, Pocahontas 2, Hercules 2, Mulan 2 from Walt Disney Animation Studios, instead of those crappy cheapquels that we got...

I have to be honest: I am going to be really, really let down if Hans does not come back for the sequel. It will not be the same without him. But it seems like Disney have little to no love for him, he is barely featured in ANY of their merchandise. And oh my, how much merchandise have they not pumped out for this movie since it's release!

I think his character is really interesting, and I would love to see the Southern Isles. Elsa and Hans got so little screen time in Frozen. They should have dropped that stupid troll plot and song and focused a bit more on characters like Elsa and Hans.

I wonder why Disney seems to totally neglect him in their merchandise. When the movie was new they seemed to include him in the promo only to let people think that he was not the villain. But now that everybody knows, they seem finished with him. I think that is really strange, they love to promote their villains from other movies - they even have the Disney villains franchise! Why are Hans being left out in the cold (pun intended)? Is it because he only served as a shocking story twist? Are Disney thinking that he is to handsome to be promoted among the other Disney villains? Afraid that people might be liking him to much because of his good looks? Do Disney think it's to risky to promote a character that nearly killed such a popular character as Elsa? Had they featured Hans more often if he was clearly a wicked villain from the start of the movie?

_________________
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:54 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:00 pm
Posts: 1282
^I agree with everything you said about Hans. I would have liked to have see him in the sequel as a proper villain this time. Or if not I would've like to know more about his brothers and the Southern Isles. But I think the problem Disney has with him is that they feel he's too creepy for parents. Its one thing to have an overly theatrical mustache twirling villain who just want to be uber-powerful and "rule the world, mwahahaha!" but a male villain who basically spends the movie preying on the innocence and naivety of a young girl is something that probably makes a lot of parents uncomfortable and they'd rather not see that type of character on their little girl's toys. I think thats why he's been left out of so much merch.

There's also what you pointed out, that he's basically an evil handsome prince, and it sort of messes with the whole "royalty is something positive to strive for and dream about" that is the heart of the Princess and the Sophia the First franchises.

_________________
Support To Belong
Hullabaloo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:37 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 9240
Location: North Carolina Gender: Male
Prince Edward, I agree with you in regards to wishing Hans would get more merchandise, attention as a Disney Villain, but not so much on wanting him in the sequel.

I wouldn't mind him in a small role in the sequel, but to me there's nothing that would make him work as a main villain again since he really only worked as a "surprise." The most I could see happening is maybe he encourages someone else to attack Arendelle or maybe he swindles some other powerful monarch into marriage, but I wouldn't want either of those plots to be central to a sequel, tbh, because ultimately Elsa could annihilate him. I'd prefer an original villain who has powers of their own (if there is a villain at all). Especially if those powers are heat-related (thinking about the lava villain from Moana).

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:43 pm 
Offline
Special Edition

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:42 pm
Posts: 425
I agree, I'd rather not see Hans in the sequel. It would be different if the character had a deeper connection to one or more of the main characters, or if he wasn't the out-and-out villain that he was in the first film, but as it is, I think it would be difficult to make it work, especially without making it feel like somewhat of a retread.

In terms of merchandise, I guess he's in a somewhat difficult position. Even though he was a villain and evil through-and-through, he really doesn't have a look that makes him marketable alongside the rest of the Disney Villains. I don't see why he wouldn't have merchandise alongside the other Frozen characters though.... maybe his sales straggled behind the rest of the characters.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:36 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 11732
Location: USA
Gaston doesn't really have much merchandise, either, so they are in the same boat...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:47 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:00 pm
Posts: 1282
come to think of it, mother Gothel didnt get much either, just DS collectors dolls and the one pvc figure with the pvc set. Just like Hans...

I guess we're in an era were the villains just aren't being as highly marketed as they used to be...

_________________
Support To Belong
Hullabaloo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:20 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 4:44 pm
Posts: 2454
Location: Sarajevo, B&H Gender: Male
... or we're simply in an era where villains aren't really memorable or they are just bland. Outside of Dr. Facilier, the last villain to truly make an impression was probably Yzma back in 2000.

I love Frozen to pieces, but Hans is pretty much just a side-character, a plot device to get to that surprise twist. Cut him out of the movie and the main conflict (Elsa vs. her powers vs. everyone else) still remains intact.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:31 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:46 am
Posts: 3529
Location: Maryland, USA
Well, for a movie that's supposed to be out in 2019, production is starting really early. Sounds like this will be in 2018.

Kristen Bell Reveals FROZEN Sequel Will Begin Recording Next Month

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/arti ... h-20160318


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:08 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:55 pm
Posts: 1223
Location: Los Angeles
disneyprincess11 wrote:
Well, for a movie that's supposed to be out in 2019, production is starting really early. Sounds like this will be in 2018.

Kristen Bell Reveals FROZEN Sequel Will Begin Recording Next Month

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/arti ... h-20160318


By this June everything will geared towards Moana, this Thanksgiving. In 2017 WDAS will once again sit out another whole year while Pixar will bless us with Cars 3 :smack: & Coco in June & Thanksgiving. I expect a teaser trailer for Gigantic in June with Cars 3, ala Zootopia's teaser with Inside Out last June. Also we have the next D23 in August 2017 "remember, it's every other year" & that's when we should see more regarding Frozen 2. And as for Gigantic, you know Disney is gonna run a full trailer in front of Star Wars VIII that December, ala the sloth trailer for Zootopia in front of The Force Awakens.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:16 am 
Offline
Special Edition

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:42 pm
Posts: 425
Well, it seems like they were really racing against the clock in trying to meet the deadline with the production on Frozen, and as much as I enjoyed the movie, it showed in the final product IMO. I think Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee are very capable, so hopefully they can take a little more time to get things ironed out a bit better this time.

Also, what's the likelihood of this actually being called Frozen 2? I'm hoping they just give it a subtitle, or at least a Tangled Ever After/Frozen Fever/Rescuers Down Under -type title.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Frozen 2
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:55 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 9240
Location: North Carolina Gender: Male
ce1ticmoon wrote:
Well, it seems like they were really racing against the clock in trying to meet the deadline with the production on Frozen,
I've never heard anything about the first film being rushed, and nothing about the film appears that way?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group