DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:07 pm 

Tristy wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:
I think the track I've been playing most often is "Phony King of England." Who knew a Disney song could be relevant in modern day U.S. A pox on the phony 'king,' indeed. :wink:

Oh yes! Especially these lyrics:

"He stands alone on a giant throne pretending he's the king,
A little tyke who's rather like a puppet on a string.
And he throws an angry tantrum if he cannot have his way,
And he calls for Mom while he's suckin' his thumb."

Sounds pretty accurate. :lol:

rotfl Hadn't really thought about the lyrics that way; but you're definitely right about them.

This is one of my favorite Legacy Collection releases. I've always liked Robin Hood's soundtrack. So, to finally have it officially released is a treat to begin with. But then to add a beautiful restoration to that soundtrack makes it even better.

Then there are some really nice treasures they found for the bonus tracks. The alternate versions of Whistle Stop and Oo-De-Lally are really good. And is it just me, or does it sound like the country version of Phoney King of England could have been recorded at the same time as the Country Bear Jamboree soundtrack? I think so. In fact, as I was listening to it, I could picture a Little John animatronic doing the song as part of the show. And the Louis Prima tracks, especially the first two, sound like they used the same orchestra that they used for the "America Sings" attraction. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. It's just an observation.

And had Robin Hood had closing credits like current Disney films, I could have seen them using Pete Renoudet's version of "Love" as the pop version of the film song (like they did for a lot of the 90's Disney films) and releasing it as a single to promote the film. It's a shame it wasn't. I think it would've been a good little hit for them.

The bottom line is that I think this is a really great release. I'm glad it got released and that they're continuing to release titles in the Legacy Collection. In fact, I liked it so much that I went to Disney Music Emporium's Facebook page to let them know how much I enjoyed it and that I hope they consider releasing even more titles.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:37 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Any recent news on the upcoming releases? I've read on the twitter announcement that Hunchback was the most requested.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:45 pm 
Collector's Edition

DisneyFan09 wrote:
Any recent news on the upcoming releases? I've read on the twitter announcement that Hunchback was the most requested.

I'm glad to hear that. Hopefully this means it will be released soon. Surprised they haven't done one for Beauty and the Beast yet and I hope they'll do one for Aladdin soon as well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:42 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

JeanGreyForever wrote:
I'm glad to hear that. Hopefully this means it will be released soon. Surprised they haven't done one for Beauty and the Beast yet and I hope they'll do one for Aladdin soon as well.

We could always hope, my friend.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:17 pm 
Limited Edition

When is Beauty and the Beast coming out?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:26 am 
Limited Edition

JeanGreyForever wrote:
DisneyFan09 wrote:

Aladdin is the one I'm hoping for the most.

And Mulan. Aanndddd Hercules.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:49 pm 
Collector's Edition

No word on Beauty and the Beast yet?

If you're a fan of Disney animation, like my Facebook fanpage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:50 pm 
Platinum Edition

I actually went looking for news just two days ago. :lol: Nothing on the Emporium website. Also saw some doctored image for the cover art. I almost believed it, too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:23 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I really want a soundtrack or six for the package films. If they wanted to put them in a "Best of" single release, while I'd be sad, I'd still take it. To my knowledge, those six films are the only DAC's without a soundtrack publicly released.

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:39 am 
Super Genius

So, any news if they're going to continue this line?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:15 pm 
Gold Collection

Khonnor wrote:
So, any news if they're going to continue this line?

We had absolutely no news after the release of The Aristocats and before the announcement of Robin Hood. They just kept it very vague.
My guess it that the collection kinda underperformed and they don't get as much budget anymore, but someone at Walt Disney Records still thinks the collection is worth of and they just kinda have to collect the budget of a few months to be able to produce the next volume. We just don't know when.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29