Once Upon a Time (ABC TV Series)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Re: Once Upon A Time (ABC TV Series)

Post by bradhig »

disneyprincess11 wrote:
bradhig wrote:Did he take her child?
No, I caught up: Rumple makes the prince disappear, instead. BTW: The scene where the fairy godmother blows up rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl
and she is still alone as of season 4?

Rumple like Regina needs to be exterminated for all the trouble he caused.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

He disappears in the flashbacks when she tries to trick him into being captured by Snow White and Charming. The prince is alive in Storybrooke though, and they reunite at the end of the episode. (They reappear a couple more times throughout season 1, mostly in the background.)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

TVLine has learned that Rebecca Wisocky will appear in this season’s 10th episode as Madam Faustina, a charlatan who, in flashbacks, pretends to commune with spirits in order to swindle her customers by telling them made-up fortunes.
http://tvline.com/2014/10/16/once-upon- ... flashback/
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

^ So, like Dr. Facilier but less charismatic? :P

(Seriously, what a missed opportunity!)

EDIT: Oh, well, okay, I get he's in New Orleans, but he'd fit right in if the writers blurred up the facts...
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

bradhig wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote: No, I caught up: Rumple makes the prince disappear, instead. BTW: The scene where the fairy godmother blows up rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl
and she is still alone as of season 4?

Rumple like Regina needs to be exterminated for all the trouble he caused.

No, and He was actually in Storybrooke in that episode. They got back together.

As for Rumple, Episode 9 and episode 12 of Season 1. That's all I have to say.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Just seen online …. Emma was wearing a dress. A pink dress !!! :o
Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

I loved last night's episode! We got Kristanna, we got a Lady and the Tramp nod, we got MICKEY MOUSE AND THE BROOM. And it's nice to see that Killian is going to have something to do again, aside from follow around at Emma's heels all the time.

And the Charmings pre and post-date reactions were the best thing ever.
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image
Disney's Divinity

I also liked last night's episode. It was nice to get a breather from the constant action, tbh. The smaller, more intimate moments like Emma and family in the apartment, then Emma and Hook on a date are what I've been missing since the first season. It was especially refreshing to finally see Hook in new, modern clothes. If only Elsa would've changed, too; she's been stuck in that same dress for 300+ years. :lol:
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

So Rumple is sucking up others magic to free himself from the dagger, but the old guy claimed he would never absorb enough to break the spell and that the amount needed was infinite.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I went to Wikipedia to read the synopsis for the last episode. Read the third-to-last paragraph in the story section.
Thanks! I guess she never lost the magaic after all...? Or it came back...for an unknown/sense-making reason.
bradhig wrote:So Rumple is sucking up others magic to free himself from the dagger, but the old guy claimed he would never absorb enough to break the spell and that the amount needed was infinite.
Maybe not infinite, but just that the hat could never get enough power. I have a feeling Rumple will get very close though, if not get all he needs!
Disney's Divinity

Tonight's episode was pretty...interesting. :P

I definitely enjoyed it, although I'm still in the dark about the Snow Queen character. At first I was thinking the flashback was implying she was the girl Emma had met, but then there was the videoat the end. Anyway, I like that they're including the mirror aspect of the fairy tale, too.

I'm wondering why Regina doesn't use light magic anymore, considering it was more powerful for her? I guess it has to do with the fact that her emotions are mostly negative right now. I loved what they did with the Magic Mirror this episode, too, although I was hoping maybe he would've played a bigger role in screwing Regina over somehow considering all she's done to him.

I read one of the upcoming episodes will be 2 hours, which surprised me, actually.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Well, Im sorta enjoying this Frozen storyline...

But I feel it a bit too on-the-nose. I mean... tonight's episode... they didn't even bother to re-design the ice-staircase. It is EXACTLY like the one in the movie. So far, all the fairytale characters had some basis in the disney version, but had been re-designed to be original in this setting. Now any more a guess (the cross promotion is too good to let slide!).

And what happened to most of the Storybrook characters?? are they still part of the show?
Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

^ Disney said they could use Frozen on the condition that they stuck to the film canon. So that's why everything is 'on the nose'. :)
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

probably b/c they dont want to confuse the non OUAT viewers who are Frozen fans and are tuning into the show just to watch those characters.

its especially odd when you consider that Tangled/Rapunzel was still a pretty recent film but they went totally different direction with that character/story...

Im really loving the show's verion of the Snow Queen(Mitchel's character), I hope they keep her a grey character and dont cheese her out like theyve done with their other villains...
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Could Regina be the girl with the star on her arm?

Looks like Anna could die next week.
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Hey Miss Manday... where did you hear/read that?

It's still perplexing. ABC is owned by Disney, so they can pretty much do whatever they want with their properties. And again... weird that ONLY FROZEN is so on-the-nose, and none of the other films were...
Disney's Divinity

I don't see them as more "on the nose" than Ariel and Eric. There are a lot of things they have done with the characters and the story that wasn't in the movie....if that wasn't noticable. If we're talking just their costumes, what about the yellow dress Belle always wore, or the dance she and Rumpel did to an instrumental of "Beauty and the Beast"?
WonderNeverOz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderNeverOz »

unprincess wrote:probably b/c they dont want to confuse the non OUAT viewers who are Frozen fans and are tuning into the show just to watch those characters.

its especially odd when you consider that Tangled/Rapunzel was still a pretty recent film but they went totally different direction with that character/story...

Im really loving the show's verion of the Snow Queen(Mitchel's character), I hope they keep her a grey character and dont cheese her out like theyve done with their other villains...
with Rapunzel, they referred to the original story and not the disney version. Thats why. A lot of people complain about it, but i think it was a great addition and hope to see her again
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

WonderNeverOz wrote:
unprincess wrote:probably b/c they dont want to confuse the non OUAT viewers who are Frozen fans and are tuning into the show just to watch those characters.

with Rapunzel, they referred to the original story and not the disney version. Thats why. A lot of people complain about it, but i think it was a great addition and hope to see her again
But that's just it. At the time Tangled was one of the highest grossing Disney films, so why go to their roots in essence for that, but be a semi carbon copy of Frozen?

Ok, well, I know why...
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I personally think the girl with the star on her arm is the snow queen, who changed into a tall blonde adult (as we see in the video) to try to be with Emma. Because the Snow Queen said she wants a family that loves her, like the girl Emma met wanted. Whoever she is, I like that the Snow Queen is not an all evil villain. I really thought she did great acting in this episode.

One question however though is, how can she choke people with her magic? Shouldn't she only have snow and ice powers? Like Elsa? I know Elsa could create clothing and ice skates not made from snow or ice, but choking people seems like a very different power.
WonderNeverOz wrote:with Rapunzel, they referred to the original story and not the disney version. Thats why. A lot of people complain about it, but i think it was a great addition and hope to see her again
How was it closer to the original Rapunzel story and not Tangled?