Once Upon a Time (ABC TV Series)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Once Upon A Time (ABC TV Series)

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks. Now I just need an answer to that question about Anna and Elsa's parents...
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Ursula's outfit was hideous. Well, so is Maleficent's, but still. I'm hoping she won't be wearing that in her present day scenes (and maybe a better costume for any underwater scenes). Not sure about her actress either, for now. :(

Cruella actually looks to be the standout. :lol: What was with the dalmatian anyway?

And go Belle! That scene was intense, and nice to see a non-delusional Belle for once. The conversation between Rumpel and Regina was really unexpected, but I loved it. Those two don't interact enough these days. Looking forward to them exploring the book author plot. I'm just glad we're getting an answer to that + Ursula this season. That way, whenever the show ends, whether it's after next season or three seasons from now, at least everything I'd been left hoping for will have been explored, at least.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

You know? I think that at this point (as one post talked about it) Frozen (ironically) burnt out.

So, even though I thought introducing them in the first half of the Season was too soon if you think about it was perfect timing. Frozen´s popularity was recent and as such it was ideal to bring them at this point to Once Upon a Time when the movie still had hype. Later on wouldn´t have made sense.

BTW, love to have back Maleficent (after the success of the movie the same way happened with Frozen) and now the rest. I´d have thrown there as well Yzma. I don´t think we´ll ever see her there and, no matter the interpretation, she´ll never be a real treat. So, why not bring her along with the other villains this time?

Once it´s bringing all these villains that (aside from wanting them to bring Jafar back) I think the last villain, the ultimate foe for the series (whenever this is) will be Chernabog. Think about it: he IS the ultimate evil (as I don´t think they can introduce Hades) and bein basically and evil entity (the Demon itself) would be OK for them to destroy him.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Rumpelstiltskin is the big bad of the whole show. The final season will be about finally bringing him down. Likely in a redemption arc that will rid the world of the Dark One once and for all. Whether this means he has to die (and stay dead) or just be cleaved from the Dagger and finally have the curse of the beast removed from him remains to be seen. I think it could be interesting to explore just how that Dagger came to be though.

If Anna finding the letter at exactly the right moment seemed a little bit forced, her turning around to ask "just who is this Mr. Gold?" the second before she steps through the portal was jammed in dry. I mean I love the fact that Anna was the reason they found out what his plan was, but I think they could have executed the moment a lot better.

So so happy to see Belle using her brain! They have dumbed her down so much on this show. The moment at the town line was fantastic. As was Robin Hood's departure. Regina tearing up their page of the book broke my heart. There is no way he is gone for good though.

Kinda feeling like the Sorcerer is going to be Merlin. That or a fictionalized Walt Disney, but I don't think Once Upon a Time is meta enough to pull that off.

Cruella is easily the standout of the Queens of Darkness or whatever the hell they called them. I know they are going to give her magic, but I almost wish they wouldn't. It would be so great to see a Villain on this show who is simply evil without being magical. The fact that she is non magic, but respected by and maybe even leading magical beings like Maleficent and Ursula could have been a super interesting plot point. Alas it wasn't meant to be.

Looking forward to March. In the meantime I hope Galavant is as good as its promos make it look.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

So so happy to see Belle using her brain! They have dumbed her down so much on this show.
This. I was like "you did good Belle, you did GOOD." :up:

Nice to see Vampire Pam again, Cruella looked great too, I hope they come up with a good reason for her being involved with a bunch of fairytale characters.

I was just thinking after these QODs this season theyve pretty much used up all the main Disney villains have they? unless they wanna reuse Jafar from Wonderland. whos left that would work in the show?

Chernabog(since we'll have the sorcerer)
Hades(Theyve used Midad & I could see them use Hercules so why not)
Facillier(since well have Tiana)
Gothel(Rapunzel was used)

is that it? some I left out b/c I just feel theyd be a stretch or their movies arent well liked by Disney management.

also when are we getting Dracula? come on you dont introduce a b/w horror world and not include Dracula!!!
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Ariel is coming back!

I can't wait to see some backstories from the Queens of Darkness.

http://tvline.com/2014/12/15/once-upon- ... el-return/
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

Just a couple of comments.

I actually liked the actress playing Cruella a lot. But... um... Im not sure the character fits. These are all characters who supposedly live in the Enchanted forest and live in a world with magic. Cruella (in both the book and the movie), lived in London, in our world. Not sure she belongs in the Enchanted Forest...

As for Belle... glad she had a good moment. I still find the actress playing her to be awful. Look at her overly-exaggerated facial expressions... and she overly- enunciates when she talks... ugh... a better actress would have shed the aussie accent... she is the ONLY australian-accented character on the show. Makes no sense...
Disney's Divinity

Marce82 wrote:I still find the actress playing her to be awful.
I thought this was common knowledge.

I actually feel sorry for the actor who plays Rumpel. Both the characters he played off the most (Baelfire and Belle) had awful actors.
Disney's Divinity

Casting Spoilers: Ernie Hudson will play Poseidon--who they've said is Ursula's father (not sure if Triton will be her brother here or not). Also, Eion Bailey, who played August/Pinocchio as an adult, will be returning. And Sarah Bolger and JoAnna Garcia Swisher are returning as Aurora and Ariel respectively.

You know, I'll always believe Tamara from the end of season 2 was intended to be Ursula to begin with, but they nixed it because the storyline they began with her wasn't popular.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Why was Anna protected from the spell of shattered sight? Did her mother and father really go to try and take away Elsa's powers, then change their minds wen they were possibly going to be killed?

I hated Ursula's costume and hair and why is she green instead of purple? I liked Maleficent's and Cruella's costumes. I like Maleficent's earlier, season one dress better though, it was neat. Not the stupid faux horn headpiece from season one, just the dress from season one. But why the hell was the Mistress of All Evil so easily held by the magic of Rumpelstiltskin? Makes no sense to me.

Divinity...I really don't think Tamara was going to be Ursula when she was seen teeming up with the other guy to destroy magic with science and they both worked for "someone else" so early in the show.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

New Character casting.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/22/once- ... he-aurora/

Roche, whose credits also include Supernatural and Fringe, will play King Stefan, the father of Aurora (Sarah Bolger), who has a complicated past with Maleficent (Kristin Bauer Van Straten).

The last line in that has me a bit hesitant. I can only suspect this means they are going to tap into the Jolie Maleficent storyline. For Once Upon a Time....
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Disney Duster wrote:Why was Anna protected from the spell of shattered sight? Did her mother and father really go to try and take away Elsa's powers, then change their minds wen they were possibly going to be killed?

I hated Ursula's costume and hair and why is she green instead of purple? I liked Maleficent's and Cruella's costumes. I like Maleficent's earlier, season one dress better though, it was neat. Not the stupid faux horn headpiece from season one, just the dress from season one. But why the hell was the Mistress of All Evil so easily held by the magic of Rumpelstiltskin? Makes no sense to me.

Divinity...I really don't think Tamara was going to be Ursula when she was seen teeming up with the other guy to destroy magic with science and they both worked for "someone else" so early in the show.
Anna was protected from the spell of shattered sight because she had been placed under it before.

Their parents went to seek out a way to take Elsa's powers yes. Gerda wrote the letter Anna found as the ship was sinking. I don't know if she decided not to take Elsa's powers as they were going down or not, but at some point along their journey they realized they were wrong for trying to change Elsa and wanted to somehow let her know this, thus the message in the bottle that she hoped would be found.

I feel as though Rumple's magic that he gained from becoming the Dark One is significantly more powerful than most forms of magic found in the Fairy Tale world. He can be bested for sure, but it is interesting that the only way to kill him is with a good ol' non-magical stab from a dagger. An enchanted dagger yes, but still.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thank you Widdi! Very informative and thoughtful!
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Ive wanted to drop the show for a while now but kept watching hoping for August to return, and he is! Im so happy! :dance:
Disney's Divinity

Another casting spoiler: Rebecca Mader will be reprising her role as Zelena, the Wicked Witch of the West, during the second half of season 4. I'm as excited by this as August's return.

A promotional image here. That's a good shot of Ursula and Cruella.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Why the series keeps on doing these, way too long, stops?

I don´t even remember when it comes back.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

It comes back March 1st.

Its so that the series is shown continuously in a block instead of having breaks of a few weeks then coming back again. Makes everything more cohesive. I think it makes massive sense with a show like Once to have an A & B part of a season, especially with the flashbacks etc, so keeps everything fresh.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

If you have lost track of what has happened so far, the first hour of the two-hour return to Sunday night television will give us a "the story so far" explanation and set everything up for the second hour which will premier right after it. Circle the date, March 1, 2015 for the return of "Once Upon A Time" on ABC beginning at 7 pm eastern/6 pm central.

Hope this helps.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Atlantica wrote:It comes back March 1st.

Its so that the series is shown continuously in a block instead of having breaks of a few weeks then coming back again. Makes everything more cohesive. I think it makes massive sense with a show like Once to have an A & B part of a season, especially with the flashbacks etc, so keeps everything fresh.
But, why do they have to that at all?

I watch other annual series (from Aug/Sep till Apr/May) and they either don´t do it and, if so, it´s just for a week at max.
Disney's Divinity

They don't have to do it; they choose to do it. I personally enjoy that they separate the first and second halfs that way, almost if they're their own mini-seasons within a season.

Plus, I think it helps with ratings to give some time to build interest and then have no stops to slow the momentum of the storylines. I remember several older ABC shows I watched would be off a week almost every other episode, which is really infuriating for shows where you want to remember the details.