Once Upon a Time (ABC TV Series)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Re: Once Upon a Time (ABC TV series)

Post by Atlantica »

Woo hoo !!

I'm so glad Snow and Emma had that chat …. feel like I've been waiting for forever and a day for a resolution between the two of them, ever since the first arc of S3 in Neverland.

Is the HUGE twist they've been talking about Emma becoming the Dark One? I do wonder ….
Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

Judging from the spoilery things I've seen, I'm also going with Emma becoming the Dark One.

The new sneak peak clip is great! Love that Henry is FINALLY getting to be a hero!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA2RIZej6c4

"Do you have any family around here?" "Uhhh." :lol:
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Hope you all are enjoying what could be the final season for OUAT!!!!

ABC has released a tentative schedule for the 2015-2016 season and Once Upon A Time is no where to be seen. The final decision will be made and released to the public on Monday, May 11, when ABC releases their fall schedule.

From what was published today, all three of the alphabet networks, along with The CW, are dropping some shows that will surprise some and anger a few. All of the schedules will be finalized and released to the public no later than Wednesday, May 13.

Source of this information is AP and UPI press releases published in most newspapers today.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

^ Once Upon a Time was definitely renewed for a fifth seasons, junkie. See here.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

dvdjunkie wrote:Hope you all are enjoying what could be the final season for OUAT!!!!

Some of us like the show you know. Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean you have to be happy it Might end and make sort of joyful prolamation. It just comes across to me as disrespectful. Think about those that like it and be respectful please for once.

Also It has been renewed for a 5th season TheSequelOfDisney said and it was stated it was renewed before you made your post.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I hope the show does end up going another 3 seasons, just so dvdjunkie and everyone else can suck on their bitter cakes. :D
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

I don't want the good guys turned int villians. Gold better die for the all trouble he caused.
Disney's Divinity

*spoilers*

I thought the finale was pretty boring, tbh, especially the first hour. Basically, I don't care for Henry or the Author, and most of the action revolved around them. The episode didn't pick up for me until Henry found Emma, although Rumple as a Knight was as funny as I'd expected. The switches were all decent, but what was up with Snow's hair... Shouldn't Robin have been a villain?

I did enjoy the last scenes when Emma absorbed the Dark One's curse. At first I thought the darkness would be the banished Black Fairy that the Blue Fairy talked about at the end of the Pan arc. Everyone called Henry being the next Author. No surprise about Merlin being the Sorcerer either. Not much to guess about what next season will be like, other than searching for Emma and possibly Camelot. I still think Jafar is likely, but there is Morgan le Fay.
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

That was a horrible and dull finale and a real chore to get through all two hours. It really didn't do much to pique interest for next season either. I hope they come up with something good because the second half of this season really didn't do it for me.

Henry is just terrible.
LADY Image CLUCK
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I liked it but I actually liked the author character even if he turned out to be a weazely bastard. Disappointed that August got one scene in the finale, couldnt he have shown up in the AU somewhere? So next season is Dark Emma, Merlin, Lily's dad... about Lily's dad, didnt she hint it was another dragon? Are there any dragons in the Camelot mythology? will we see other Camelot characters? We already got Lancelot. What about other Disney dragons? Mushu? reluctant dragon? Figment?(lol)
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Baymax is kind of Dragon-ish in the comics. Time to bring him in? :lol:

Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

I LOVED the finale! I felt like it was in the same spirit as season one. And all the alternate universe characters were so fun!
unprincess wrote:Disappointed that August got one scene in the finale, couldnt he have shown up in the AU somewhere?
He was supposed to, as Eddy and Adam had said in an interview that we would see him "in a way we never had before." But I guess he was cut. :(

As far as Lily's daddy goes... it's gotta be something big, as it will surely tie into next year's story. The only other dragons we've seen so far are the one David killed for King Midas, and 'The Great Dragon' that August and Tamara dealt with. I kind of wonder if it WAS him, as I feel like his story was wrapped up way too quickly. But whoever the father is COULD end up being someone we don't know as a dragon in regular stories.
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I'm prepping myself to watch this tomorrow….Getting nice food in, a cocktail, phone firmly turned off. Very very excited to watch !

Though I'm well aware I'll be grieving until September when it comes back … hopefully if Netflix still airs it a few weeks later :huh:
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

I enjoyed the finale!

I hope Lily’s father is Jafar. If he can turn into a giant snake, I suppose he can turn into a dragon, too, right?

I would love to see some connections with Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, like what happened with Anastasia, why is she not with Will anymore? And I would like to officially know if she is Cinderella’s stepsister.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

another suggestion thats been given for for Lily's dad is Merlin since he's a shapeshifter. Also Maleficent may be Morgan le Fey.

I have another suggestion, maybe next year we will revisit the victorian gothic land that Whale cane from and her father is Dracula since "Dracula" means son of the dragon.

He was supposed to, as Eddy and Adam had said in an interview that we would see him "in a way we never had before." But I guess he was cut.
I know! if it was cut I hope it shows up as a deleted scene on the dvd/bluray release!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

So, everybody here called it about Henry being the next author. I didn't expect that at all. I liked the finale. I thought it was pretty great. Not as great and fun as the last finale, but still, really pretty great to me. Great fun seeing the characters switch roles!

So, who was the guy that was said to be named Walt? Was he supposed to be the last author but they changed his name to Isaac because people were outraged they'd use Walt Disney's name for a character like that? Or was he the first author? Or was he going to be the Scorcerer? What was the whole "Walt" thing about?
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

'Walt' was the author before Isaac. It is heavily implied that he's Walt Disney, since when Isaac was recruited (in 1966) the Sorcerer's apprentice mentioned that the previous author just passed away. Walt Disney died in 1966.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Wow … I found the finale so emotional ! It almost felt like it was leading up to Emma's death as she was doing everything we have wanted her to do all season ( the I love you / Mom & dad talk). She sacrificed herself for Regina, which I didn't think would be how she became the DO. And when Regina screamed 'NO !!!' at her when she realised what Emma was about to do … wow, I just loved it. Her little conclusion with her parents saying how they figured out a way to take out the darkness in her before, and she has faith they can do it again. Got quite teared up ! :(

I hope they handle the next series well, and JM has some good stuff …. not just pained all the time as she has been the last few episodes. Would love to see her happy, and how she was earlier in the season. I wonder how Killian will be with her ? He was quite adamant that she shouldn't do it …. was that because he was scared for her ? Or just as he hates the DO so much.

For next season, I would love to have Snow in it more; I've truly missed her. I'm glad Regina has been developed more partly due to Snow's absence, but I want Ginny back in full force next season for sure !
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks supertalies!

I find that whole "Walt Disney" being the author both stupid and insensitive. It's messing with a real person. And it offends what stories he really told!

I also have to say I thought the whole "author" storyline was a wrong thing to do. To say that none of the stories in the Enchanted Forest/Mist Haven happened like real life, but rather because someone wrote them, that's just...well, not how real life works! It's like instead of God creating life, it's freaking magical authors! But only for one "world", different from our own. What?! And Regina trying to get the author to change "real life' to get them "happy endings"? What?! I can understand the other villains doing something evil and powerful as changing reality, but Regina? And Henry and Emma agreeing with her and helping her?!

I also don't like how Emma needed "darkness" removed from her. What I thought all along was that she would have the potential to be good or evil and she would choose good (Good and evil aren't born, they're made, the show told us). It's weird to think she was going to be evil but they put it into some other person. And then, if darkness can be removed from her, can it be removed from Lily, too?

I'm just...this season was a little wtf.
Disney's Divinity

The only thing the Author interfered with, as far as we know, was the baby thing involving Snow White, Charming, Emma, Maleficent and Lily. And Cruella.