DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:18 pm 
Platinum Edition

A new Disney Villains book is being published. It'll be released on May 08, 2018. It tells the stories of The Little Mermaid, 101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Aladdin from the perspectives of the villains. At first I thought this was a re-release of the "My Side of the Story" books but it looks like it's a new thing since it includes Jafar who never got one.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:50 pm 
Platinum Edition

It looks like it's the new illustrations with shading and lighting from the wave of princess books that coincided with the original films' Diamond and Signature Edition releases, just using illustrations and text that focus on the villains. The exceptions of course are Cruella DeVille and Captain Hook but that's because their illustrations come from the large format books that were made for Disney's most popular films, including the princess ones that the new princess illustrations with shading and lighting were re-do's of. I love that they have an illustration of Maleficent disappearing after Aurora pricks her finger!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:21 am 
Limited Edition

Glad to see five of my fav villains of all time in there. However, I wish they had either updated the illustrations for 101 Dalmatians and Peter Pan, or not bothered with them at all. Gaston and Lady Tremaine to represent Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella might have been better choices since those films' books have the updated shaded illustrations. The older illustrations look so dated especially next to the new ones.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:49 am 
Limited Edition

I'm very interested in that Villains book. It looks like it has some new illustrations of The Queen and Maleficent

If you're a fan of Disney animation, like my Facebook fanpage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:49 am 
Platinum Edition

On November 14, 2017, Don Hahn had a book released called "Yesterday's Tomorrow: Disney's Magical Mid-Century." It's been on my to-buy list for a few months.

https://www.amazon.com/Yesterdays-Tomor ... id-Century

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:40 am 
Special Edition

Does anyone know since when those The Art of... books are published and what was the first WDAS to have one released?

Are they worth it? Did they go deep into the production aspect or are they mostly just illustrations?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:31 am 
Limited Edition

Is there anyone who ordered this book:
https://www.amazon.com/Sorcerers-Appren ... 1368023312

I read some reviews online which said the artwork in the book is exquisite, and that it offers a collectible poster as well.

If you're a fan of Disney animation, like my Facebook fanpage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:05 pm 
Limited Edition

Sicoe Vlad wrote:
Is there anyone who ordered this book:
https://www.amazon.com/Sorcerers-Appren ... 1368023312

I read some reviews online which said the artwork in the book is exquisite, and that it offers a collectible poster as well.

On Amazon you should be able to look inside the book for a preview and see some of the illustrations. Maybe it varies on your region though, but I can see it from the US.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:48 am 
Limited Edition

Does anyone know if "Pinocchio: Making of a Disney Epic" by J.B Kaufman is going out of print soon? I've noticed that the price has been hiking up on Amazon during the past few months and I'd like to grab it before it gets too pricey.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9