Disney Princess: Palace Pets

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Disney Princess: Palace Pets

Post by Sotiris »

Super Aurora wrote:Yes and Ariel's and Belle's pet have the old princesses' hair too. Look closer.
Well, Ariel didn't have her distinctive hairstyle changed but Belle's pet is modeled after the new Belle. If you look carefully, her pet has the same beach wave hair the redesigned Belle has.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Sotiris wrote:Isn't it odd that Aurora is the only one who has her winter cape on? :?
Yeah, I was just thinking that. :?
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Sotiris wrote:
Super Aurora wrote:Yes and Ariel's and Belle's pet have the old princesses' hair too. Look closer.
Well, Ariel didn't have her distinctive hairstyle changed but Belle's pet is modeled after the new Belle. If you look carefully, her pet has the same beach wave hair the redesigned Belle does.

Look at the frontal hair parts of the pup. It's just like old belle's. The rest of the hair in the pup's(which is it's ears) is just glamorize pet hair. Nothing noticeable in relation's to anything.

It's the frontal hair parts of the pets that suppose to match the Princesses' old hair style(with Snow White's being an exception for some odd reason). Its visually clear. I dunno how anyone could mistake it otherwise.

<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Sotiris wrote:
Well, Ariel didn't have her distinctive hairstyle changed but Belle's pet is modeled after the new Belle. If you look carefully, her pet has the same beach wave hair the redesigned Belle does.

Looking at the picture with my eyes unfocused, I swear it looks like Belle is holding her daughter. :shock:
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

PatrickvD wrote:
Mooky wrote:"The kitty adored the ocean..." Yeah, whoever wrote this has obviously never had a cat (or seen one, judging by its design).
I thought it was a fox actually. It looks nothing like a cat. :lol:
Yes, exactly! Definitely a fox.
Sky Syndrome wrote:Image
Looking at the picture with my eyes unfocused, I swear it looks like Belle is holding her daughter. :shock:
Belle's daughter is such a bitch. :-"

(Belle's pet has some serious coloring issues too - shouldn't her tail be brown? Also, Rapunzel's pony has blue eyes instead of green.)
Prince Kido
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Prince Kido »

When I worked on those, I mentionned that some colors are inacurrate (Belle's tail, Rapunzel's eyes etc...) but for some reason they didn't consider my notes. Guess it was obvious, not sure...
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Prince Kido, it is so cool you got to work with Disney! What else have you done?

Personally, I don't really like them; think it is slightly freaky to try and and make a twin for the Princesses out of animals...but for who they are aimed for, little girls will eat this line up ! I showed my mum, asked her thoughts, and she said,
"I can't think of you adoring anything more when you were little! Princesses AND animals mixed together? You'd have literally passed out with longing!" ...and that was my mums opinion of 4 year old me :)
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Prince Kido wrote:When I worked on those, I mentionned that some colors are inacurrate (Belle's tail, Rapunzel's eyes etc...) but for some reason they didn't consider my notes. Guess it was obvious, not sure...
Oh, please don't think I (or anyone else here) finds you personally responsible for this crap. We've all seen your amazing work and know all the greatness you're capable of. It's pretty obvious these final designs have corporate/marketing Disney written all over them. I'm more than sure all artistic integrity your original designs had has been lost in the pile of pink glitter poop.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Merida will get a Palace Pet, too!

The Prettiest Pets (Disney Princess)
Meet the Disney princesses' fluffy four-legged friends! Girls ages 3 to 7 will love coloring Rapunzel, Merida, Aurora, and the rest of the princesses with their palace pets in this coloring book that comes with four chunky crayons.
http://www.amazon.com/Prettiest-Disney- ... y+princess
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

You've gotta be kidding me. This almost reminds me of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, but at least that one's fanbase isn't aimed at just little girls.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

DisneyBluLife wrote:Really Disney?! :? You have a app for the Palace pets and you don´t let Mulan be in it despite that she has a Palace pet (Blossom) . I don´t like that they didn´t want any princess of color to be in the line (Tiana, Jasmine, Pocahontas). And Mulan only gets one Palace pet item.
Wow, just noticed that. I don't know why Disney bothered to make TP&TF, because if they were trying to get people to see them as less racist, it failed. Miserably. :lol:
Mooky wrote:
PrinceKido wrote:When I worked on those, I mentionned that some colors are inacurrate (Belle's tail, Rapunzel's eyes etc...) but for some reason they didn't consider my notes. Guess it was obvious, not sure...
Oh, please don't think I (or anyone else here) finds you personally responsible for this crap. We've all seen your amazing work and know all the greatness you're capable of. It's pretty obvious these final designs have corporate/marketing Disney written all over them. I'm more than sure all artistic integrity your original designs had has been lost in the pile of pink glitter poop.
Co-signed. Don't let any members' comments here bother you; we all Disney goes with the most gaudy, generic, and ugly ideas possible these days, even in their movies. I don't blame the artists at all.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Sorry but this is just sick and WAY over the top?

Don´t get the need for these pets when they already have.

Plus, sorry Kido, but the design doesn´t fit at all with the characters. They just don´t belong.

On top of that, the whole hair, jewels and crowns are way too much. It just screams shallow.

By the way, Rapunzel´s pony looks more like a Smurf´s one if you see the actual size where she stands behind it.

...and, a cat RED? :roll:
Prince Kido
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Prince Kido »

Oh, thanks a lot guys! ^^
I'm not offended at all once again!! :)
Those toys line are NOT my personal creation you know.
I had to follow instructions after submitting test drawings and then, I worked as a freelance artist to bring some of my skills like expressions, eyes, hair and "cuteness"...
I can't show yet my artworks on Palace Pets but you'll see my drawings are only sketchs and doodles in my style vibe.
The, well, all the girly stuff added, final renderings etc...this is Disney you know, and well, it's for little girls and people who already are in love with Pet Shops, My Little Pony etc.
Sure it's a bit too glossy and shiny, but my older niece is already crazy about them, see!
They are for us,lol!
And I don't see what's the problem with a red kitty, this is funny to me and I designed her the very first time in red too!
But I didn't do Aurora as pink but yellow at the beginning for example...so well.
Again, I'm not offended at all and for me, it was just funny to be part of this.
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Yuck! This is beyond disgusting... I didn't see these characters in the movies? Disney's total lack of respect for the original movies in turn for making an extra buck truly disgusts me.. The Disney Princess Barbieesque makeovers and now these My Little Ponyish sidekicks is a perfect example of this!

(Prince Kido, It's the concept I hate, not your actual work, had it been for another brand I wouldn't mind).
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

How does these animals make sense in their universe anyways?

I mean, even though they´re cartoons, the Disney movies where based on real things.

You never saw a red or pink cat anywhere (giving Izma a pass). Much less with hair and wearing jewels.

What about the size changing pony of Rapunzel....

Here is big enough so that she can lean on her ann her hand is smaller than the pony´s cheek:

And here, the whole pony fits on a cushion:

Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

The scale of the horse is beyond bizarre .... a magical pony maybe ? :lol:

I wonder if they are taking the place of the abandoned Disney Bunnies line ....
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:The scale of the horse is beyond bizarre .... a magical pony maybe ? :lol:

It's a ..... Little Pony.

:wink:
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

These are absolutely horrid.

But, I probably would have wanted a few if they came out when I was little ... :oops:
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
SillySymphony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SillySymphony »

This isn't shocking at all to me. Not only is this obvious Littlest Pet Shop competition (btw very popular with little girls I know), but it seems like a wrong attempt at fan merchandising. I've seen similar fanart ideas of the princesses as cute animals. Yet overall I bet the My Little Pony craze has been a greater influence.

What's surprising to me is that Ariel is OK with feeding fish to her kitty...
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

^ Oh dear !

Maybe those Fish were Di*ks to her when she a Mermaid ? lol.