Disney Princess: Palace Pets

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Re: Disney Princess: Palace Pets

Post by pap64 »

Well, obviously, this new franchise line is not for us older fans. It is aimed at the same audience that not only has embraced all things Disney Princess but also Hasbro's My Little Pony Friendship is Magic line as well as Littlest Pet Shop. I don't think it is that insulting since, let's face it, Disney and other companies have done worse when it comes to license spin offs and off shoots. What I DO find odd is that they went with brand new characters when the Princesses already had pets and companions of their own that they could market, even if it meant making them cuter or add more bling bling. That is what I find the oddest of all in this new line.

That and the usage of the cutie mark on the characters since that is ripping off My Little Pony.
ImageImageImageImage

Prince Kido
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Prince Kido »

Hi Everyone.

Thank you. I don't feel offended at all you know. ;)
It was only a job request that evolved thought many rounds of works.

I used to work as a clean-up artist in France on Tarzan years ago, and used to work in french Animation industry. Then I work as a freelance artist from Paris and am currently finishing my comic to be released soon in Glénat publishing. And since Rapunzel, I work sometimes for Disney Publishing and Products.

Anyway, my art style is rarely used for what I'm best at, and you know that Disney is a very large company.
I was first contacted to do a sample test drawing for a Princess Pets project.
So, for a long time, I thought the pets that I had to design were the princesses themselves transformed as pets, so I don't have problems with that.
Also, you're right, it's a job, so it's good to be in good terms with your employer, especially since they came to search you because they want your specific skills to fit their goal.

I can't post now my designs and I guess I will later, when the products will be released.
You have to know that this kind of work is a team one as the drawings go through many other hands, so I didn't choose or define the jewels, marks, tiaras and props at all, neither the final renderings.

I'm pretty sure this new line will be a success for the little children target and I bet my nieces will be crazy about them (though I don't know when and if they'll be released outside the US for now...).

I did the other princesses in many pets variations but I don't know what Disney plans in the future regarding what they are about to set this summer.

In waiting, sure you can check my works on my sites (with many Disney fan-arts and works for years) :
http://www.davidgilson.com/
http://davidgilson.blogspot.fr/
http://www.facebook.com/DavidGilsonDrawings
http://princekido.deviantart.com/

and my upcoming french comic about a very sensitive little boy named Bichon, to be released in september/october :
http://www.facebook.com/BichonBD
http://www.bichon-bd.com/

Thank you ^^
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Super Aurora wrote:I think you meant to post this one:

Yup, thanks! :up:
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

Super Aurora wrote:No offense to Kido but these are just stupid. Especially to the princesses who already have a freakin pet.

Belle has a horse
Rapunzel has a chameleon
Though no Jasmine yet, she has a goddamn tiger.
etc.

I also dislike the designs of these "pets" as they look like pampered glamor and prissy pieces of shit. their faces make me want to punch it in the face too. Kinda like Paris Hilton and her pet "rats".
^ This so much
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

pap64 wrote:What I DO find odd is that they went with brand new characters when the Princesses already had pets and companions of their own that they could market, even if it meant making them cuter or add more bling bling. That is what I find the oddest of all in this new line.

They can’t use the original princesses’ pets because they are all males! (Jaq, Gus, Bruno, Flounder, Sebastian, Scuttle, Phillipe, Rajah, Meeko, Mushu, Pascal, Maximus, Angus, etc.)

The princesses never had a female pet before! That’s why they created new characters for this line, so they can put them tiaras, bows and stuff like that.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

bruno_wbt wrote:The princesses never had a female pet before! That’s why they created new characters for this line, so they can put them tiaras, bows and stuff like that.
You're right. That didn't occur to me before.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

bruno_wbt wrote:
pap64 wrote:What I DO find odd is that they went with brand new characters when the Princesses already had pets and companions of their own that they could market, even if it meant making them cuter or add more bling bling. That is what I find the oddest of all in this new line.

They can’t use the original princesses’ pets because they are all males! (Jaq, Gus, Bruno, Flounder, Sebastian, Scuttle, Phillipe, Rajah, Meeko, Mushu, Pascal, Maximus, Angus, etc.)

The princesses never had a female pet before! That’s why they created new characters for this line, so they can put them tiaras, bows and stuff like that.

:-"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Warm Regards wrote:
bruno_wbt wrote:

:-"
rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Here are few more pictures from the app, either for your pleasure or for your annoyance. :milkbuds:

Images courtesy of Rey. :p
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

enigmawing wrote:Here are few more pictures from the app
Thanks!
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Sotiris wrote:Thanks!
No problem! Here are a few more:

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Once I free up more room on my phone I'll download the app myself and see if I can screencap anything interesting. :)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

enigmawing wrote:Once I free up more room on my phone I'll download the app myself and see if I can screencap anything interesting.
Yes, please! :D

Isn't it odd that Aurora is the only one who has her winter cape on? :?
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

enigmawing wrote:Image
"The kitty adored the ocean..." Yeah, whoever wrote this has obviously never had a cat (or seen one, judging by its design).

Also, :thumb: for PatrickvD's reaction pic.
nachonaco
Special Edition

Post by nachonaco »

....Has anyone noticed the Palace Pets have the hairstyles of the old Disney Princess designs?
Man has a dream
And that's the start
He follows his dream
With mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It's a dream come true
For you and me!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

nachonaco wrote:Has anyone noticed the Palace Pets have the hairstyles of the old Disney Princess designs?
Yes, but only Cinderella's and Aurora's pets. Perhaps they were designed before the princesses were redesigned.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Mooky wrote:"The kitty adored the ocean..." Yeah, whoever wrote this has obviously never had a cat (or seen one, judging by its design).
I thought it was a fox actually. It looks nothing like a cat. :lol:
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Sotiris wrote:
nachonaco wrote:Has anyone noticed the Palace Pets have the hairstyles of the old Disney Princess designs?
Yes, but only Cinderella's and Aurora's pets. Perhaps they were designed before the princesses were redesigned.
Actually they all do except perhap Snow White's. All the other have the princesses' hairstyle.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Super Aurora wrote:All the other have the princesses' hairstyle.
I know that; nachonaco was talking about the old hairstyle of the princesses before they were redesigned.
DisneyBluLife
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyBluLife »

Really Disney?! :? You have a app for the Palace pets and you don´t let Mulan be in it despite that she has a Palace pet (Blossom) . I don´t like that they didn´t want any princess of color to be in the line (Tiana, Jasmine, Pocahontas). And Mulan only gets one Palace pet item.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Sotiris wrote:
Super Aurora wrote:All the other have the princesses' hairstyle.
I know that; nachonaco was talking about the old hairstyle of the princesses before they were redesigned.

Yes and Ariel's and Belle's pet have the old princesses' hair too. Look closer.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif