Disney Princess: Palace Pets

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Re: Disney Princess: Palace Pets

Post by Semaj »

This whole sub-franchise keeps making less and less sense, especially seeing as how many of the princesses already had pets/animal companions in their original films.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Semaj wrote:This whole sub-franchise keeps making less and less sense, especially seeing as how many of the princesses already had pets/animal companions in their original films.
Its a missed freaking opportunity they could have made this into an expanded universe for all the princess animal sidekicks. Man, don't these toy executives have any common sense or its just hard for them to add things up.
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

jazzflower92 wrote:Man, don't these toy executives have any common sense or its just hard for them to add things up.
Not really, most of the princess sidekicks are boys. Do you expect Meeko, Rajah, Jaq & Gus, Flounder, Mushu, Pascal and Olaf to be plastered in bows and sparkle? These toys are for girly girls who love all things pink, feminine and girly like my little pony, where they can brush their hair and accessorise them. Little girls are hardly going to be able to do that with boy sidekicks and film purists would be more mad about the sidekicks being redesigned for this palace pets line (just like people got mad when the princesses were re-designed), so it makes sense to just market new pets/characters for this particular range and capitalise off of it, which they've done.
Mach Full Force
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mach Full Force »

universALLove wrote:
jazzflower92 wrote:Man, don't these toy executives have any common sense or its just hard for them to add things up.
Not really, most of the princess sidekicks are boys. Do you expect Meeko, Rajah, Jaq & Gus, Flounder, Mushu, Pascal and Olaf to be plastered in bows and sparkle? These toys are for girly girls who love all things pink, feminine and girly like my little pony, where they can brush their hair and accessorise them. Little girls are hardly going to be able to do that with boy sidekicks and film purists would be more mad about the sidekicks being redesigned for this palace pets line (just like people got mad when the princesses were re-designed), so it makes sense to just market new pets/characters for this particular range and capitalise off of it, which they've done.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Though Maximus is probably used to being bedazzled like that.
"Maybe you live in a golden cage, but a golden cage is still a cage."
~Juan Carlos Bodoque, 31 Minutos: La Película
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

The Palace Pets website has been updated and now includes all 27 pets so far!
bruno_wbt wrote:Great find! Where is that from?
That image was on the American Disney Princess website, but it's gone now. You can still find it on the Australian one though.
bruno_wbt wrote:Are those pets already available? I've been looking for Jasmine's pony for a while...
No, the last three, Lychee, Lapis, and Gleam, aren't available yet which is weird. The Palace Pets app has been updated to include them though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Thanks for all the updates, Sotiris!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New Palace Pets! Now there's a total of 32 pets! Rapunzel has the most pets with 6 while Pocahontas, Mulan, and Tiana tie for the least amount of pets; only 2 each. Merida remains strong at zero. Pocahontas is the only princess without a pony for a pet.

Snow White's kitten, Honeycake

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Princess- ... 00PNY786W/

Aurora's owl, Fern.

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Princess- ... 00PNY786C/

Jasmine's elephant, Taj.

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Princess- ... 00PNY77AY/

Pocahontas' bobcat, Pounce. Pocahontas looks horrendous here. Her face is incredibly off-model, even by clip-art standards.

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Princess- ... 00PNY77HM/

Rapunzel's peacock, Sundrop.

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Princess- ... 00PNY77HC/
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

bruno_wbt wrote:
jazzflower92 wrote:I am just wondering why couldn't they use the Disney Princesses' canon pets in this franchise. It just seems like a wasted opportunity in favor of some bland and really unoriginal characters.

Because the original pets are all males. And they needed females, so you can put them bows and tiaras.
Except for that tiger named Sultan. That is apparently a boy.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

This tastes like diabetes. This makes me wish they made toys based on actual animal creatures featured in the princess movies instead of making over saccharine animal plushies. It would have been more creative and made the franchise step out of its comfort zone of emphasizing bland cuteness.

Fun fact the footstool dog from Beauty and the Beast is named Sultan. I mean think about how creative it would have been for them to have him as a palace pet. Or even better why didn't they put Philippe in the line at all.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Sultan_(Be ... the_Beast)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Goodness, Jasmine has very bling earrings here doesn't she ?!

I'm happy for little ones if they like it, but makes me feel like vomiting a bit - so much glitz and the shoving of the Princess features on to the animals is a wee bit creepy. All the glitter and OTT reminds me the to program Big Fat Gypsy Wedding ?!
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Thanks for the pictures, Sotiris!

I love Jasmine's elephant!

Do you have complete pictures of the toys?
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Atlantica wrote:Goodness, Jasmine has very bling earrings here doesn't she ?!

I'm happy for little ones if they like it, but makes me feel like vomiting a bit - so much glitz and the shoving of the Princess features on to the animals is a wee bit creepy. All the glitter and OTT reminds me the to program Big Fat Gypsy Wedding ?!
If I was in charge of this part of the franchise it would be based on the Princess's side kick animal characters. Just because something is aimed at kids doesn't mean it has to be generically girly glurge. Yeah, it can be girly but it can also be very creative. I don't care if the side kicks are mostly boys because I can think of other ways to get girls attention besides dress up and stuff.

Snow White: Animal friends she met in the words especially the little bird she befriend.

Cinderella: Bruno, Jaq & Gus, Major, other mice and birds

Sleeping Beauty: Animal friends especially the Owl because I think he was the most notable one.

Little Mermaid: Orca and Seahorse from television series. Max the sheepdog would be in here.

Beauty and the Beast: Sultan the footstool dog and Philippe

Aladdin: Rajah and Abu.

Pocahontas: Flit, Percy, Flit, and other side animal characters seen/mentioned in the movie like the otters, beavers, bobcats, eagles and bears.

Mulan: Crikee, Little Brother, and Khan

Tiana: Frogs, Louis the Alligator, turtle seen in the " When We're Human" sequence, relatives of Ray, Stella ( Charlotte's dog), the white cat owned by Charlotte, and all the other animals seen in the swamp like spoonbills.

Rapunzel: Pascal and Maximus

Merida: Her horse and the hounds seen in the movie

Anna & Elsa: Sven and fjord horses seen in the film.

It thus comes to the conclusion this franchise could have been something outside its comfort zone and fun but as you can see its generic and soulless. It would have been a fun expanded universe for a lot of the animal sidekicks in their movies. I am just banging my head on how this idea was wasted potential.
Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

Okay, I admittedly love the more diverse animals in this set. Owls, bobcats and peacocks? Love!
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

bruno_wbt wrote:Do you have complete pictures of the toys?
Sure. Here you go: Honeycake, Fern, Taj, Pounce, Sundrop, and Gleam.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Sotiris wrote: Sure. Here you go: Honeycake, Fern, Taj, Pounce, Sundrop, Gleam.

Thank you!!! :D :wave:
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Whisker Haven Tales, a new short form series featuring the Palace Pets?

I just found this book from amazon.com
It's time for a Whisker Haven Celebration, and all your favorite Palace Pets are invited to parade around in fabulous outfits. But Pumpkin has lost her top hat! Will she be able to find it? Glam up the Pets with dozens of re-usable outfits and accessories. It'll be a celebration the Pets will never FUR-get.

This hardcover story-based sticker-play book with encased spiral binding comes with fun re-usable stickers, including outfits for the Pets, words to complete story sentences, plus fully-costumed Pets for readers to place in play scenes. Little princesses and princes will simply adore this fully immersive book based on the upcoming short form Whisker Haven Tales!
http://www.amazon.com/Whisker-Haven-Tal ... y+princess
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

bruno_wbt wrote:Whisker Haven Tales, a new short form series featuring the Palace Pets.
Interesting. It'll probably be something in the same vein as Pumpkin Dresses Up.

By the way, you can find scans of the booklet for the recently added pets, here!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

bruno_wbt wrote:Are those pets already available? I've been looking for Jasmine's pony for a while...
Mulan's pony Lychee is available now. I thought you'd like to know. Still no sign of Lapis though.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Thank you, Sotiris!
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

Post by Little Red Henski »

These Princesses need to be snuggling with their men instead of stupid animals. If their princes decide to snuggle with a maid then they have no one to blame but themselves.