Kingdom Hearts III

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: BREAKING NEWS: KINGDOM HEARTS 3 ANNOUNCED AT E3 for PS4

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Prince Edward wrote:I bought myself a Gameboy Advance, a PlayStation Portable and a Nintendo DS in order to play various KH games on those platforms. Turns out I find handheld gaming boring, so I did not finish any of these games.
I've actually bought all the US releases for the games (except chi/X), including the various platforms to play them. It helps that I was pretty young when this series started so I would always ask for X system for Christmas the year before the next game was released. :lol: But I agree that playing handheld games is boring. I played all the games, but I probably would've re-played them more often if they hadn't been on handhelds. Just uncomfortable to play. DDD was probably my favorite game in the series after the first game, so I'll be so happy to play it in all its glory.
Yes, where Square Enix/Disney will take Kingdom Hearts after KH III remains to be seen, but it is an exciting question! Will they feature Sora and Riku, and pick up where KH III ended?
I'm not sure about what they'll do with the story, but the man who is in charge of KH (Tetsuya Nomura) has said KH will always be Sora's story. I'm glad of that, although I wouldn't mind occasionally playing as Kairi or Riku, and I hope Donald/Goofy will always be there, too.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Prince Edward wrote:I bought myself a Gameboy Advance, a PlayStation Portable and a Nintendo DS in order to play various KH games on those platforms. Turns out I find handheld gaming boring, so I did not finish any of these games.
I've actually bought all the US releases for the games (except chi/X), including the various platforms to play them.
Alas, I haven't upgraded past a Game Boy Advance or Playstation 2, so I haven't gotten any other games after KH2.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Big Disney Fan wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:I've actually bought all the US releases for the games (except chi/X), including the various platforms to play them.
Alas, I haven't upgraded past a Game Boy Advance or Playstation 2, so I haven't gotten any other games after KH2.
You should really consider to invest in a PS3 so you can play KH 1.5 HD ReMIX & KH 2.5 HD ReMIX. My love for KH have been reignited since I played KH I and Chain of Memories on PS3 in 2013, after not having played much KH since KH II back in 2006. I've tried (but never finished) the Gameboy, DS and PSP games, but it's something completely different to play the games on a big screen.

The HD ReMIX games are amazing, and it's so cool to get to play the Final Mix versions. My understanding of the mythology/theme in KH have been much improved after playing through the HD versions on PS3.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER – TGS 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lElMrj25JHI

http://www.Facebook.com/KingdomHearts
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Disney's Divinity

Big Disney Fan wrote:Alas, I haven't upgraded past a Game Boy Advance or Playstation 2, so I haven't gotten any other games after KH2.
Well, if you ever have the money to spend on another console and the interest, PS4 might be worth the risk. This and KH3 will be PS4-exclusives, and I'm willing to bet that the 1.5 and 2.5 ReMIXes will eventually come to the PS4, too, perhaps combined into one release.

I understand why a lot of people didn't buy the side games/other consoles. It is definitely a lot of money.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Big Disney Fan wrote:Alas, I haven't upgraded past a Game Boy Advance or Playstation 2, so I haven't gotten any other games after KH2.
Well, if you ever have the money to spend on another console and the interest, PS4 might be worth the risk. This and KH3 will be PS4-exclusives, and I'm willing to bet that the 1.5 and 2.5 ReMIXes will eventually come to the PS4, too, perhaps combined into one release.

I understand why a lot of people didn't buy the side games/other consoles. It is definitely a lot of money.
The other reason for me is I just don't play games as often as I used to. I'm more inclined to watch videos of games on YouTube. It's ALMOST the same thing, and it's free.
Disney's Divinity

No new info., but two new pictures you can see here (among other things, scroll down).

The picture of Sora, Donald, and Goofy performing some kind of "Shooting Ride" is based on a Buzz Lightyear ride, I've read elsewhere (I don't know much about the parks, sorry.).

The picture of Riku, Kairi, and Mickey in Yensid's room is from the 2.8 Prologue.

A new trailer is supposed to b released tomorrow night. It may not have any new info. though. I was hoping there'd be a new world reveal, but nothing yet.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

If you haven't got into Kingdom Hearts yet, you should. Even if you cannot play it, you can watch play throughs of it on You Tube, or other similar sites. This E3 Trailer for Kingdom Hearts III makes it perhaps the most anticipated thing that I am waiting for. Compelling story, characters, themes and above all, the concept that we all wish for: Being able to (literally) visit the world of fiction that we adore.
Disney's Divinity

Has anyone seen the new 2.8 trailer? I have to say the more I see of the new graphics that this series will have from hereon out, the more and more I'm horrified. The original characters look bad as it is, but the backgrounds from Cinderella seen in the new trailer for 2.8 look hideous.

I don't know. I'm just leaning more and more towards just dropping this series after Kingdom Hearts 3. The console spread, the new/ugly graphics, the increasingly convoluted storylines, the rancid fan community, the huge gaps between releases, and the influx of Disney's new trash and PIXAR (not to mention the possibility of Marvel and even Star Wars :roll: :roll: :roll: Image) are the main reasons I'm just ready to drop this. The only thing tempting about the series post-KH3 is further Sora/Riku, tbh. :lol: Most of the original characters introduced in KH2 onwards are boring as hell and the melodrama...
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Has anyone seen the new 2.8 trailer? I have to say the more I see of the new graphics that this series will have from hereon out, the more and more I'm horrified. The original characters look bad as it is, but the backgrounds from Cinderella seen in the new trailer for 2.8 look hideous.

I don't know. I'm just leaning more and more towards just dropping this series after Kingdom Hearts 3. The console spread, the new/ugly graphics, the increasingly convoluted storylines, the rancid fan community, the huge gaps between releases, and the influx of Disney's new trash and PIXAR (not to mention the possibility of Marvel and even Star Wars :roll: :roll: :roll: Image) are the main reasons I'm just ready to drop this. The only thing tempting about the series post-KH3 is further Sora/Riku, tbh. :lol: Most of the original characters introduced in KH2 onwards are boring as hell and the melodrama...
In that case, I think you'd die laughing at the honest trailer of the Kingdom Hearts Franchise.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogPI690oPKE[/youtube]
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

disneyboy20022 wrote:In that case, I think you'd die laughing at the honest trailer of the Kingdom Hearts Franchise.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogPI690oPKE[/youtube]
LOL. That is indeed hilarious.

I played all the way through the first game, which I enjoyed, but the storyline was already pretty convoluted by the time KH2 came around. And the problem is, not only is it convoluted, but it's just not a very interesting or compelling storyline. And it takes itself way to seriously (which is also a problem that has plagued FF since VI or VII, and I say that as a big fan of FFVII.) I've probably seen trailers for most of the games, but they give me the impression that you can't really jump in at any point because they all tie together so heavily, which is also a huge detriment to the series. And it's not like it has super fun and/or flawless gameplay mechanics that make you want to slog through the story either.

I'm actually quite surprised it has managed to keep the fanbase that it has. Then again, I haven't been able to keep up with gaming in general for quite a while now.... I buy games occasionally but usually don't get too far, so maybe I'm not the best person to judge these sort of things.
Disney's Divinity

ce1ticmoon wrote:And it takes itself way to seriously (which is also a problem that has plagued FF since VI or VII, and I say that as a big fan of FFVII.)
I don't think it takes itself that seriously. The only game I might feel that way about is Birth by Sleep which is oh-so-serious with its original characters and there is little to no comedy. But I definitely don't thinks it's true of any of the FFs.

As for the story, I used to be very invested in the story and know every little detail. And then KH2 came…. And after it pretty much broke the story into pieces, I stopped caring about the story anymore and only focused on the Disney worlds (which had become irrelevant filler) and character moments from Sora with D&G or with Riku. Hell, it's impossible to understand the story without keeping all of Nomura's interviews on hand. :roll: There’s a lot of things I do like about the series still (voice acting, music, some of the original characters), and I was looking forward to post-KH3 when they finally--finally--dropped Xehanort (an awful villain, imo, even if several of the voice actors were excellent), but graphics used to be one of those things I liked about the series and seeing them change into something repulsive to look at is the straw that broke the camel’s back.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I took a look at the trailer for Kingdom Hearts 2.8 to see the Cinderella world...and I'm surprised Disney's Divinity thought it looked bad because it looked so gorgeous and cool to me! The castle is way better and truer to the film than in the first Birth by Sleep and the village is cooler than how it looked in the movie, unless that's Daybreak Town?

So, how does the Cinderella world tie into Kingdom Hearts 2.8? Will we see the story like Birth by Sleep had?
Disney's Divinity

Disney Duster wrote:The castle is way better and truer to the film than in the first Birth by Sleep
:mischief: :-"

Well, have fun, because I couldn’t disagree more with you if I tried. But that seems to be the case in general.
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I don't think it takes itself that seriously. The only game I might feel that way about is Birth by Sleep which is oh-so-serious with its original characters and there is little to no comedy. But I definitely don't thinks it's true of any of the FFs.
Regarding FF.... well, they all certainly have their moments of comedy/levity. So it's not all serious, all the time, of course, but that's just the overall impression I have, or remember having. That of course doesn't mean a lot of them aren't compelling, or good fun in general.
Disney's Divinity wrote:As for the story, I used to be very invested in the story and know every little detail. And then KH2 came…. And after it pretty much broke the story into pieces, I stopped caring about the story anymore and only focused on the Disney worlds (which had become irrelevant filler) and character moments from Sora with D&G or with Riku. Hell, it's impossible to understand the story without keeping all of Nomura's interviews on hand. :roll: There’s a lot of things I do like about the series still (voice acting, music, some of the original characters), and I was looking forward to post-KH3 when they finally--finally--dropped Xehanort (an awful villain, imo, even if several of the voice actors were excellent), but graphics used to be one of those things I liked about the series and seeing them change into something repulsive to look at is the straw that broke the camel’s back.
Yeah, it is unfortunate that the Disney worlds simply started to become the backdrop for the storyline with the Nomura characters (which I could never really get invested in beyond the first game to be honest). Obviously, the original characters were at the heart of the first game as well, but the worlds and characters were actually relevant to the overall story and I generally felt that they were used quite well.

I definitely agree that there are still aspects to the series that are done well and are appealing, but not being able to care about the storyline/characters is obviously the huge hurdle for me, and the storyline being so interconnected (among the different games) and convoluted definitely makes it hard to try jumping back in after missing a game or two, or not completing one of them. I mean, I am tempted to try to get back in with the HD Remixes from time to time, so a pull is still there, but as yet, I still haven't jumped back in. I just wish they could just make it.... simpler? Not saying it needs to be dumbed down, or that it should be more of an anthology series like FF, but I think I may have stuck with the series longer had each game been more self-contained.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:The castle is way better and truer to the film than in the first Birth by Sleep
:mischief: :-"

Well, have fun, because I couldn’t disagree more with you if I tried. But that seems to be the case in general.
Well here's a comparison with the first Birth by Sleep castle in the window (left) and the original one in the window (right):

And here's the 2.8 version (left) and the original film version (right, all of bottom):
Disney's Divinity

Yeah, I’ve already played BbS, watched Cinderella, and seen the 2.8 trailer, but thanks for the reminders. :lol: :roll: BbS had a softer, vague look, which was closer to the look of Cinderella than the grimy, ultra-realistic look of the 2.8 trailer. They never zoomed in on the castle towers in BbS because you never visited them. The cottage, the courtyard, and the palace interior is gorgeous in BbS. The 2.8 trailer looks like Amercian McGee's Alice.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh! Well you explained a lot for me on why you think the original game did them better! We do indeed disagree on what looks better and closer to the original in, um, definition? But I think the actual shapes in the towers and such of the castle is closer to the film. By the way, in this video (go to almost the very, very end, like 12:35), you can see the foyer with the stairscase going up to the ballroom and it is even more gorgeous to me than in the original Birth by Sleep. The only thing is I don't understand why the hallway to it is gone and why the floor is different and why when she looks back it's all crumbled away.
Disney's Divinity

Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Does this mean that Hercules can now join your party like Peter Pan, Aladdin, the Beast, etc.?

Also, is Haley Joel Osment going to keep voicing Sora? This is just me, but I think he's getting a little too old to do it. I saw him on TV a few weeks ago, on CBS' "The View" to promote, I think this show called "Oasis", and he's clearly getting up there; he's almost 30. Not to mention, he has a whole beard growth!