Kingdom Hearts III

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Re: BREAKING NEWS: KINGDOM HEARTS 3 ANNOUNCED AT E3 for PS4

Post by DisneyJedi »

I doubt we'll have to wait THAT long. As for the names of the Disney worlds, those are pretty much fanmade. I'm pretty sure Disney and Square might have more creative world names than I made. :P
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

I've been waiting for this since I was like about 15 years old. I don't know how to feel. :?
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

disneyboy20022 wrote:To keep this thread on Kingdom Hearts type of topics, do they still plan on doing Kingdom Hearts 2.5?
Yes.

Nomura will be both on TGS and D23 Japan Expo. Expect more details there.

KH3 was just a concept video and has many years ahead of it.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Tetsuya Nomura was interviewed in the Famitsu magazine. Below are some interesting comments he made about Kingdom Hearts 3.
Q: How has the action in KINGDOM HEARTS evolved?

A: Currently, I have a demo version where you can actually move around and it is rampant (laughs). In every world, NPCs can participate in battle with flashy moves. Enemy and friend AI can become more elaborate as you progress through the game. For example, I’m already working on plenty of enemies whom are like vehicles that you can ride and fly during battle.

Q: Sora became a Keyblade Master in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance]. Like Aqua and the others, their Keyblades have changed?

A: Yes. During the Mark of Mastery Exam, their Keyblades have already changed.

Q: Finally, do you have a message to say to your fans?

A: The development teams of FINAL FANTASY XV and KINGDOM HEARTS III have a friendly competition between each other. In the sneak preview, I feel like a little bird has spread the information already but to a low degree. In KINGDOM HEARTS III, online elements are being considered for the KINGDOM HEARTS series. Please wait for more information in the future. In such timing this year, Tokyo Game Show and a Disney event, D23 Expo Japan, held in October will reveal more information.
You can read the entire interview here

http://www.khinsider.com/news/Kingdom-H ... ation-3347

It's interesting that there is a demo of it. My prediction is that it could come in 2015 as at one point they planned to have one Kingdom Hearts Title a year.

This year is Kingdom Hearts 1.5

Next year could be Kingdom Hearts 2.5

Then in 2015 the big one, Kingdom Hearts 3. One reason I'm getting a PS4 now is because each month I can take $100 to gamestop as I won't probably ever be able to fork over $400 at once anytime soon. I can't wait to see what other games are coming out for the PS4

Also I'm hoping either at Tokyo Game Show and/or D23 they'll announce Kingdom Hearts 2.5. I'm wondering if it will be on the PS3 or PS4 or both. Any Thoughts?
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

I had a feeling the new style in Kingdom Hearts III was going to translate the Disney characters well:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 2223_n.jpg

Honestly, I'm not sure how excited I am for this. I was pretty excited about a decade ago but after years gone by, I just kind of gave up on the series. Not to mention the fact that the second game was a big disappointment, with it's convoluted story and oversimplified gameplay. I've heard Birth by Sleep is much better then the second game, maybe even the best in the series, but I'm not about to buy a PSP just for that.

Now Final Fantasy XV looks like Kingdom Hearts with bigger swords. Can't wait for that.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I felt the same way after KH2 (which I hated), but BbS, re:Coded and especially 3D kind of revived my interest in the series. It's sad that I like nearly every game in the series except KH2. Oh, and Days (liked the plot, but such a dull game). I think I've finally come to grips with the reality that they'll never make a game on level with the original, so I just enjoy what's left I do like (fighting in Disney environments and Riku/Sora goodness). Even the convoluted story doesn't bother me much anymore, since the game's mythology has been fixed in the last few games, for me at least (after KH2 basically said FU to everyone who played the original).

More importantly, I think they've finally made the gameplay more interesting with 3D's Flowmotion. That development really helped the worlds, too, because for the first time since the first game, the worlds were actually large and you could get lost in them (rather than the small, linear room leads to small, linear room blueprint found in KH2). BbS was an improvement, but 3D is where it really returned to normal for me.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

One idea, if you want to see what happened in BBS Coded Dream Drop Distance 358/2 days you can watch the movie version on youtube. It's something where they pull all the cutscenes together and sometimes has some battle action in them. Now they are really long so maybe watch an hour a day. If anyone wants to catch up but doesn't want to buy a PSP or a DS or 3DS I suggest go that route.

jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

The people I talked to weren't very fond of the story in Dream Drop Distance. Said it kind of just repeated things that already happened, even invalidating certain events from previous games - pointless, in their words - and that they much prefer the story in Birth By Sleep. I wouldn't know, since I haven't played any of the games outside of the numbered. Birth By Sleep is really the only spinoff I was ever interested in, simply because it's a clean slate from the convoluted story Kingdom Hearts II started and because it has Stitch. Still, my love for the series faded awhile ago. We'll just have to see how I feel in 2015/16 when this game finally comes out.

disneyboy20022 wrote:One idea, if you want to see what happened in BBS Coded Dream Drop Distance 358/2 days you can watch the movie version on youtube. It's something where they pull all the cutscenes together and sometimes has some battle action in them. Now they are really long so maybe watch an hour a day. If anyone wants to catch up but doesn't want to buy a PSP or a DS or 3DS I suggest go that route.
I tried watching the GameTrailers Timeline for it and was still kind of confused.

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episod ... dom-hearts
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

disneyboy20022 wrote:You can read the entire interview here

http://www.khinsider.com/news/Kingdom-H ... ation-3347

It's interesting that there is a demo of it. My prediction is that it could come in 2015 as at one point they planned to have one Kingdom Hearts Title a year.

This year is Kingdom Hearts 1.5

Next year could be Kingdom Hearts 2.5

Then in 2015 the big one, Kingdom Hearts 3. One reason I'm getting a PS4 now is because each month I can take $100 to gamestop as I won't probably ever be able to fork over $400 at once anytime soon. I can't wait to see what other games are coming out for the PS4

Also I'm hoping either at Tokyo Game Show and/or D23 they'll announce Kingdom Hearts 2.5. I'm wondering if it will be on the PS3 or PS4 or both. Any Thoughts?
2015 is overly optimistic, especially since we're dealing with Square. Also, add Kingdom hearts 3D Final Mix in the mix (no pun intended) and you have your game for 2015

TGS for 2.5 sounds like a plan. The collection for the PS4? Hardly plausible unfortunately. If they are to do it at all they will do it nearer to the KH3 release. I'm hopeful though.
jpanimation wrote:The people I talked to weren't very fond of the story in Dream Drop Distance. Said it kind of just repeated things that already happened, even invalidating certain events from previous games - pointless, in their words - and that they much prefer the story in Birth By Sleep. I wouldn't know, since I haven't played any of the games outside of the numbered. Birth By Sleep is really the only spinoff I was ever interested in, simply because it's a clean slate from the convoluted story Kingdom Hearts II started and because it has Stitch. Still, my love for the series faded awhile ago. We'll just have to see how I feel in 2015/16 when this game finally comes out.
The 3D story is very important but very confusing as well.
I tried watching the GameTrailers Timeline for it and was still kind of confused.

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episod ... dom-hearts
Yeah, you can't understand the story by watching the timeline. The timeline is actually for people looking to enter the series, revise the story or for nostalgia's sake. It misses a lot of info as well. I suggest you play the upcoming collections otherwise don't even bother playing KH3 at all. You are missing 5 games worth of story and the series has gone to a completely different direction since KH2.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Yeah the 3D part was confusing but overall essential to see going into Kingdom Hearts 3

I didn't know they were going to do a Dream Drop Distance Final Mix? Where did you hear this at? I was thinking that Kingdom Hearts 2.5 would have BBS Coded and Dream Drop Distance, perhaps coded would be a movie version

Also would the Dream Drop Distance Final Mix be on the 3DS?

EDIT

It could come in 2015 since apparently there is a demo for Kingdom Hearts 3 locked up. Though I'd like to know some details of the Kingdom Hearts 3D Final mix.

Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

disneyboy20022 wrote:Yeah the 3D part was confusing but overall essential to see going into Kingdom Hearts 3

I didn't know they were going to do a Dream Drop Distance Final Mix? Where did you hear this at? I was thinking that Kingdom Hearts 2.5 would have BBS Coded and Dream Drop Distance, perhaps coded would be a movie version

EDIT

It could come in 2015 since apparently there is a demo for Kingdom Hearts 3 locked up. Though I'd like to know some details of the Kingdom Hearts 3D Final mix.
Lol, I'm joking. 1,5 contains scenes from 2, BBS and coded, which leaves the probability of a remake/remaster for DDD on the air. Still, DDD is insanely important to the series and since they want people to know the full story

1) it's getting into 2,5 but they didn't show it
2) it's getting a separate remaster (via PSN maybe)
3) it's getting a remake with KH3 (like Re: Chain of Memories did)

It also makes sense to create a Final Mix version since it's the only big game in the franchise who didn't get one and they could use this opportunity to promote KH3 (secret endings, demos etc)
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Lnds500 wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote:Yeah the 3D part was confusing but overall essential to see going into Kingdom Hearts 3

EDIT

Lol, I'm joking. 1,5 contains scenes from 2, BBS and coded, which leaves the probability of a remake/remaster for DDD on the air. Still, DDD is insanely important to the series and since they want people to know the full story

1) it's getting into 2,5 but they didn't show it
2) it's getting a separate remaster (via PSN maybe)
3) it's getting a remake with KH3 (like Re: Chain of Memories did)

It also makes sense to create a Final Mix version since it's the only big game in the franchise who didn't get one and they could use this opportunity to promote KH3 (secret endings, demos etc)
The remake option actually sounds like a brilliant idea since it is the latest one and it's the one that leads into Kingdom Hearts 3

Although I could see a remaster through the PSN too, though I kinda doubt DDD will make it into 2.5 though but who knows

Out of those options I like the remake one.

jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Lnds500 wrote:I suggest you play the upcoming collections otherwise don't even bother playing KH3 at all.
I may not then but it's not like I'm in any rush. I have years to think about it lol

One thing Nomura mentioned about Kingdom Hearts III that I found interesting is the inclusion of co-op via cross-controller with Vita. Apparently both Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV are looking to do this, which sounds awesome to me.

Also, maybe DDD will be included on-disc with Kingdom Hearts III, retooled to use Xbox SmartGlass and Vita to replicate the dual screen touch gameplay of DDD. Who knows, I just don't expect it to be part of Kingdom Hearts 2.5.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

This is my new Schedule predictions of the Kingdom Hearts games releases

2014 - Kingdom Hearts 2.5

2015 = Kingdom Hearts x (the x is pronounced key)

2016 - Kingdom Hearts 3

If this schedule is correct I'll be 29 by the time Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out :biting: :huh:

pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

disneyboy20022 wrote:This is my new Schedule predictions of the Kingdom Hearts games releases

2014 - Kingdom Hearts 2.5

2015 = Kingdom Hearts x (the x is pronounced key)

2016 - Kingdom Hearts 3

If this schedule is correct I'll be 29 by the time Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out :biting: :huh:
And I'll be 34 when it comes out, halfway through my mid 30s and approaching my 40s... YOUR POINT BEING? :p

But going back on topic, I am more than excited for this game. Convoluted plot aside, I just want to explore more Disney worlds, especially now that there have been so many Disney films produced since Kingdom Hearts II came out.
ImageImageImageImage

DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

I'm pretty sure that whatever Disney worlds appear in the game, I'm pretty sure they won't be ones that were already covered in the previous games. C'mon, Disney. I wanna see Black Cauldron, Pocahontas and countless others appear in the next game, dammit!

I mean, Pocahontas is the only Disney renaissance film not in a game so far. Come on.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I think Brother Bear would fit into a world to visit in Kingdom Hearts 3

Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm pretty sure that whatever Disney worlds appear in the game, I'm pretty sure they won't be ones that were already covered in the previous games.
You'd be wrong there, I can guarantee. I would guess 3 worlds (at least) will return. Frankly, I was surprised by how many worlds returned in KH2, so I'm not expecting KH3 to be any different. I believe they're conserving properties, because the series will have many more games in the future, I'm sure.

If there's going to be something between 2.5 and KH3, I hope it's better than that X game. I don't have any plans to play that. I'm kind of worried where KH3D will end up as far as the collections. I would love to play that on PS3 or PS4. I'm not crazy about playing drawn-out games on handhelds, so it finally being on one of the main consoles will let me re-play it and enjoy it more fully than I did before. I expect Coded to get shafted so you only get a movie version of that game.

Btw, I'll be a little over 26 if KH3 comes out 2016. :wink: I'm sure I'll still play video games well into my 50's, if I reach that age. I mean, I watch Disney movies in my 20's and many people would think that's weird. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

You said that the announcement of KINGDOM HEARTS III was necessary but may be premature. How far along is the game development on this title?

Nomura : This is the first next-gen game developed in our studios in recent years by the team in Osaka who have been working on titles for portable consoles. This is a whole new experience for this team working on next-gen consoles and it takes some time to master. However, with that said, it's not as if we just started development.

But contrary to what you can imagine, we have no playable build of the game at the moment because it will take some time to test all the new features that will be in Kingdom Hearts III. Again, the team so far has worked on titles on portable console with limited capacity, but they already have many interesting ideas for Kingdom Hearts III, and it is difficult to test each of these elements to determine which will ultimately be retained. So for now, we are more in a test phase.

Nomura : Of course, we will spend some time working on them before the release of KINGDOM HEARTS III. Unfortunately, there is nothing more I can say on the subject at this time.

• The Cloud Service system of the PlayStation 4 will allow players to experience titles originally released on PlayStation 1, 2 and 3. Are there any plans to utilize this system to allow owners of the PS4 to play KINGDOM HEARTS HD?

Nomura : We did not even think about the issue because our priority at the moment is the development of KINGDOM HEARTS III. Additionally, we are working on the next KINGDOM HEARTS HD remaster, which is our second priority. We have nothing planned about it for now.
http://www.khinsider.com/news/KHDestiny ... -Expo-3362

Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Kingdom Hearts III director Tetsuya Nomura would like to add Star Wars characters to Kingdom Hearts III, he recently shared in an interview with French Final Fantasy fansite Finaland at Japan Expo.

This is under consideration because, as you may have heard, earlier this year, Disney bought Lucasfilm, the company founded by Star Wars creator George Lucas.

Nomura replied to the question after the interviewer pointed out that Square Enix’s Yoshinori Kitase is a fan of the Star Wars franchise. Said Nomura, “We’re not going to decide it whether Kitase-san likes Star Wars or not but we’ve been talking about Star Wars itself since it became Disney’s content recently.”

“When I heard the news I was like “Wow! Wow!” Yeah, obviously it’s gonna be great if we could add it, but like I said, there are a lot of restrictions and rules by Disney so we don’t know what’s gonna happen, but yeah, we’ll see.”
source: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/08/te ... toApmUw.99

yeah...........

How about no.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif