Tangled (& Tangled Ever After) Discussion: Part VII

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Disney Store's Facebook page:
Save the Date! Our Limited Edition Rapunzel Wedding Doll will be available worldwide, in stores and online, on March 28. Limited Edition of 8,000.

Pre-sale in North America starts February 21.
Oooh! I want one! :float:
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Wow, they actually went with the brown hair.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Anyone know how much that one will be?
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Wow ... well blow me down, they actually went with the brown hair !

I love the fact that they have; quite a brave thing for Disney to do as well, especially as even Mulan NEVER comes with short hair.

I hope there are more products like this featuring brunette Rapunzel. And in the parks too !
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Amazing new artwork by character designer Jin Kim for:

Rapunzel Unbraided

• Glen Keane's Rapunzel (Bastion)

• Tangled (Mother Gothel)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I don't get it. If Glen Keane's Rapunzel had a rough, tough, cool, exciting, very different type of prince, why did Byron Howard and Nathan Greno feel the prince thing had been done too many times before and make him a thief? He is obviously very different from any princes before in these concepts.

And I guess Mother Gothel looks as dumpy as she does because she's supposed to be a little over middle age at this point, and she'd be more beautiful if Rapunzel had just give her a full dose of healing? Because that woman's body does not look good...
jazzflower92
Anniversary Edition

Post by jazzflower92 »

Disney Duster wrote:I don't get it. If Glen Keane's Rapunzel had a rough, tough, cool, exciting, very different type of prince, why did Byron Howard and Nathan Greno feel the prince thing had been done too many times before and make him a thief? He is obviously very different from any princes before in these concepts.

And I guess Mother Gothel looks as dumpy as she does because she's supposed to be a little over middle age at this point, and she'd be more beautiful if Rapunzel had just give her a full dose of healing? Because that woman's body does not look good...
I like Flynn or Eugene the way he is now.Plus I think its a great thing that in the Disney adaption that Flynn is the commoner and that Rapunzel is the princess.When I think of Flynn he reminds me of Aladdin Meets Jack Sparrow.
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

They did say that they didn't want the hero to be "a pretty boy" So that's why they adapted the character. I think it's good, It wouldn't really complement Rapunzel very well If Flynn had longer hair than her at the end of the movie!

I am so so so so so so glad Disney never made Rapunzel Unbraided. The story seems lame and the character designs of Claire and Vince look disgusting. It's like Jane Lynch meets Jack Black :lol:
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

:lol: I love this fanart! I hope the artist plans to make many more Pocket Princesses cartoons. There's also a cartoon with Ariel walking away from Tiana in a huff carrying Sebastian and Flounder because Tiana was going to make Jambalaya with them. And a cartoon with Belle chiding Pocahontas, Rapunzel, and Aurora for not wearing shoes.
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

I finally get to see Tangled Ever After tomorrow!!
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

SWillie! wrote:Anyone know how much that one will be?
She will most likely be around $100. All the other dolls that match this were.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Disney Duster wrote:I don't get it. If Glen Keane's Rapunzel had a rough, tough, cool, exciting, very different type of prince, why did Byron Howard and Nathan Greno feel the prince thing had been done too many times before and make him a thief? He is obviously very different from any princes before in these concepts.
Let it go.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Goliath wrote:
Let it go.
He won't. You should know that.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:I am so so so so so so glad Disney never made Rapunzel Unbraided. The story seems lame and the character designs of Claire and Vince look disgusting. It's like Jane Lynch meets Jack Black :lol:
I was initially going to put 'Agreed', but...maybe characters looking like Claire and Vince wouldn't be too bad? It would be different (and perhaps be a comfort to kids who aren't completely good-looking), although different doesn't always mean better. Regardless of whether the designs are good or not however, I hate what Rapunzel Unbraided's plot was going to be.

I'm slightly surprised by how similar Prince Bastion looks to Flynn - I thought the original prince character of Rapunzel/Tangled was more traditional (which, I had presumed, was the reason he was replaced with Flynn).

Thanks for the links, Sotiris. :)
Super Aurora wrote:
Goliath wrote: Let it go.
He won't. You should know that.
Why don't we just kill him?
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Tangled Ever After was amazing! I wish it was a full-fledged sequel or even turned into an animated series! I would totally watch!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

jazzflower92 wrote:I like Flynn or Eugene the way he is now.Plus I think its a great thing that in the Disney adaption that Flynn is the commoner and that Rapunzel is the princess.
Can you say why you like it?
DisneyDude2010 wrote:They did say that they didn't want the hero to be "a pretty boy" So that's why they adapted the character. I think it's good, It wouldn't really complement Rapunzel very well If Flynn had longer hair than her at the end of the movie!
But he's not a pretty boy. He looks almost the same as Flynn, just with longer hair. They could have just cut it.
DisneyDude2010 wrote:I am so so so so so so glad Disney never made Rapunzel Unbraided. The story seems lame and the character designs of Claire and Vince look disgusting. It's like Jane Lynch meets Jack Black :lol:
I am rather apalled at you calling them disgusting. It would be nice to have a less than perfect looking set of lead characters or romance, and the less than perfectly-weighted prince looks cute. In fact, they even considered having the hero be big like him in some concepts for the Rapunzel/Tangled version.
Dr Frankenollie wrote: I'm slightly surprised by how similar Prince Bastion looks to Flynn - I thought the original prince character of Rapunzel/Tangled was more traditional (which, I had presumed, was the reason he was replaced with Flynn).
See, my comment about it making no sense they made him a thief with the excuse they said was right! ;)
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Dr Frankenollie wrote: Why don't we just kill him?
Now that's not nice LOL.

Anyway. I do like the Prince Bastion design. Although he look more like an arabian merchant or a character out of Yoshitaka Amano's Final Fantasy concepts

But I still like the current Flynn as well. So either way it doesn't bother me.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:Thanks for the links, Sotiris. :)
No problem! :D
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

Is that from that Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom thing?