Mickey Mouse & Roger Rabbit in The Stooge

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Re: Mickey Mouse & Roger Rabbit in The Stooge

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I asked Doug Sirois via Deviantart about how the film will be animated and he replied:

http://artsy08.deviantart.com/art/TheSt ... -367326931

"It would ideally be a Pixar CG animation"

This makes me uncomfortable. I stated before here that the film works better if it was 2-D traditional. Well, maybe that can change (hopefully).

EDIT: Then again, I saw the teaser for Frozen so maybe I should open my mind a little bit.

Best case scenario: the filmmakers decide to go with the Paperman technique.

On another note, I also asked him if there was any consideration to add Bonkers D. Bobcat to the film to which he replied:

"Thats alway a possibility..."
Last edited by Mickeyfan1990 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Why are we still entertaining the idea that this film will get made?

:)
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

PatrickvD wrote:Why are we still entertaining the idea that this film will get made?

:)
I'm seriously one of the biggest Roger Rabbit fans out there and I don't want this to get made. :p
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

rotfl haha seriously. I don't get why this thread keeps popping up.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Sorry to bump this thread (Heaven knows you've had enough of this! :P), but this week, Erik Von Wodtke posted this on his Facebook page:

"Meeting suddenly happening next week about this development project. It's a great proposal. It just needs the right champion over at the mouse house. :)"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Sorry to bump this thread (Heaven knows you've had enough of this! :P), but this week, Erik Von Wodtke posted this on his Facebook page:

"Meeting suddenly happening next week about this development project. It's a great proposal. It just needs the right champion over at the mouse house. :)"
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Maybe, it could be 2D to totally get the classic feeling back.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

A July 2013 interview with Erik Von Wodtke:

http://musapublishing.blogspot.com/2013 ... fever.html
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Facebook members, go over to Erik Von Wodtke's page right now and get ready for a big surprise. ;)

Also this:

http://blog.garywolf.com/2014/02/all-that-jazz.html
disneyftw1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by disneyftw1 »

Wait, a film with Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit working together... and nothing for Bugs Bunny?! Nope. Can't let it happen if Bugs doesn't join.
(yeah, I'm actually joking. I know it's impossible to have Bugs join MIckey and Roger in a Disney flick. F***ing legal rights.)
This is DisneyFTW1, a former Youtube account that was terminated by Disney themselves. My current Youtube Account is FilmFTW2 (FilmFTW1 was terminated). Youtube sucks when it comes to film uploads, and it sucks even more when major corporations are following your channels. But what can I do?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Erik Von Wodtke: Still going. The Stooge is still fighting to return Roger Rabbit to the silver screen. The development proposal turned out wonderful and Gary K. Wolfs new book, "Who Wacked Roger Rabbit" has received great reviews.

Roger is ready and waiting for the call.
So, it might happen!
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Various tidbits from Erik on his Facebook page:

Q: Out of curiosity, will Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Pluto, Baby Herman, Benny the Cab or the Toon Patrol appear in "The Stooge"?

Erik: Yup....and Yes, the plan is to have them all in the feature and they are already written into the animated shorts.... a Toontown universe.

Q: Is The Stooge going to have a villain (antagonist)?

Erik: could be a big villain but nothing is set. The story Gary K Wolf and I developed explores how the characters Roger, Mickey and Jessica all first met.

The purpose of this development proposal is to bring Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit together in a feature animated musical buddy comedy....with similar heart and tone to Toy Story etc.

Q: Supposing Disney does greenlit this but DisneyToon Studios (of the Tinker Bell and Planes series) does the animation? Would you be fine with that?

Erik:: Disney would do tests to get the animation just right. I'm thinking it would be 2D or 2.5D animation.

Q: So if I'm reading correctly, the film is set to be a fully traditional 2D animated film or 2.5D ala Paperman, (but no chance of being a live-action/animation hybrid) right?

Erik: Right. This is a feature animation. And animated shorts.

So there is a chance it will be 2D animated! :D
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Various tidbits from Erik on his Facebook page:

Q: Out of curiosity, will Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Pluto, Baby Herman, Benny the Cab or the Toon Patrol appear in "The Stooge"?

Erik: Yup....and Yes, the plan is to have them all in the feature and they are already written into the animated shorts.... a Toontown universe.

Q: Is The Stooge going to have a villain (antagonist)?

Erik: could be a big villain but nothing is set. The story Gary K Wolf and I developed explores how the characters Roger, Mickey and Jessica all first met.

The purpose of this development proposal is to bring Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit together in a feature animated musical buddy comedy....with similar heart and tone to Toy Story etc.

Q: Supposing Disney does greenlit this but DisneyToon Studios (of the Tinker Bell and Planes series) does the animation? Would you be fine with that?

Erik:: Disney would do tests to get the animation just right. I'm thinking it would be 2D or 2.5D animation.

Q: So if I'm reading correctly, the film is set to be a fully traditional 2D animated film or 2.5D ala Paperman, (but no chance of being a live-action/animation hybrid) right?

Erik: Right. This is a feature animation. And animated shorts.

So there is a chance it will be 2D animated! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barWV7RWkq0 :D
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

wow this would be a great way to use the hybrid technique in a feature, with already familiar characters!

though I though this stooge thing was all some kind of hoax...
:|
JTurner
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JTurner »

VERY interesting. Consider me curious.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Been a while.

Apparently, John Lasseter was the one who wanted a buddy comedy with Mickey and Roger according to Gary K. Wolf:

http://www.lasertimepodcast.com/2018/06 ... -time-335/

And whether this (or any other project) happens at Disney is now totally out of Gary's control.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

^While I don't doubt Lasseter's buddy/road trip fetish, he was clearly lying to them and stringing them along. He never intended to make this movie. Otherwise, he would have simply bought the pitch and put it in development at one point during all those years.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage