Mickey Mouse (2013)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

SWillie! wrote:This one is in French. I assume others will be in English, or whatever language makes sense. I'm amazed at all the comments on Facebook saying "please post the English version, I can't even understand what they're saying". It was made in French on purpose - there's no reason for English, because there's no need to understand what they're saying.

TsWade, I'm really glad to hear you like it! I know you've been waiting for this moment!
Thank you. I am so happy. And best of all, it's coming to Disney Channel and they'll be more episodes. WHOOPPEE! :pink:
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Agreed with TSWade. Better than a) having the shorts to be CGI, b) nothing and c) MMClubhouse. Besides, they look nice! :)
jade
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jade »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Agreed with TSWade. Better than a) having the shorts to be CGI, b) nothing and c) MMClubhouse. Besides, they look nice! :)
More info
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Hey! I wonder if Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar, and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit make a cameo appearance. :wink:
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

OMG Cinderella reference aaahhhh!!!! But why was it Cinderella's Disney World/Tokyo Disneyland castle instead of Sleeping Beauty's Disneyland Paris castle?

And why didn't Hunchback get a reference if they showed Notre Dame?
jade wrote:Their done in the cheap flash style of animation. These aren't classic hand drawn 2 animated films.
I agree that it is too cheap and this is not the way the shorts should be done and I don't love the short shown. Okay, I like it, because of the plot and characters and their voices, but that's it!

But I'm glad TsWade is happy!!!
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

This will be fun to see. Am I the only one who doesn't mind how the characters look? Personally, I think it looks kinda cute, like as a way to maintain a stylized rendition of the old-fashioned look of Mickey (white face and solid black pie-cut eyes). Kinda reminds me of "Epic Mickey", in fact.

However, I do have one concern: namely, will these new cartoons gain a bigger following with established Disney fans as opposed to the general public, as what happened with "Mickey Mouse Works" and "House of Mouse"? That was one reason why "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" continues to go for as long as it has.
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

Wow! It's so different, but I like it. I think it's fun and fresh. If it replaces the iconic version of Mickey and the gang that we all know and love (i.e., the version here becomes the version that shows up on all merchandise, company logos, etc.) I might change my mind, but this feels both fresh and smart (unlike MMCH which is neither).

I loved that this played on multiple levels - i.e, my kids would appreciate the slapstick, while I appreciated the jokes that would go right over their heads.

I'm looking forward to seeing more.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

It's on youtube! Whooppee! :pink:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fhjTlW10cUg?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

TsWade2 wrote:It's on youtube! Whooppee! :pink:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fhjTlW10cUg?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Seeing as how the film is in French, I wonder if the other shorts will be spoken in the respective languages of the countries they're set in? For example, I heard that one short will be called "Yodelberg". I can only assume that means it will be set in Switzerland. Does that mean the cartoon will be spoken in German?
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

Lol, they showed the wrong castle, the castle in Disneyland Paris is Sleeping Beauty's, not Cinderella's.

Unless it's supposed to be Cinderella's 'real' castle, since Cinderella takes place in France?
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

I LOVE IT.

I love how it has that old 20's/ 30's Mickey Cartoon like style. Minnie even has her old flower-hat instead of the the bow.

Hopefully Oswald comes in.
Disney Duster wrote: And why didn't Hunchback get a reference if they showed Notre Dame?
Disney Staff : We didn't make a movie called Hunchback of Notre Dame....

No...

You must be hallucinating....

Disney Staff # 2 : Quick ! Grab this one to our secert HQ ! This one... knows too much...

:lol:
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I just found out that Kali Fontecchio was involved in this. She's worked with John K (Ren & Stimpy). Love her stuff.
RyGuy wrote: If it replaces the iconic version of Mickey and the gang that we all know and love (i.e., the version here becomes the version that shows up on all merchandise, company logos, etc.) I might change my mind

Oh it wont, Its too different for disney to accept this as a natural evolution as THE mickey. The stock mickey is here to stay. That isnt to say there wont be some kind of merchandise based on this design. If they plan to others in this style some form of merch seems very possible.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Well done Disney for finally honoring the 'one that started it all' with something new, fresh and different, whilst still quintessentially Mickey & Co.

Very impressed :)
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

Kyle wrote:
RyGuy wrote: If it replaces the iconic version of Mickey and the gang that we all know and love (i.e., the version here becomes the version that shows up on all merchandise, company logos, etc.) I might change my mind

Oh it wont, Its too different for disney to accept this as a natural evolution as THE mickey. The stock mickey is here to stay. That isnt to say there wont be some kind of merchandise based on this design. If they plan to others in this style some form of merch seems very possible.
That's kind of what I'm figuring too. I wouldn't mind picking up some merchandise done in this style, though.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

TsWade2 wrote:It's on youtube! Whooppee! :pink:

Goddamnit, how come there is no Hunchback of Notre Dame reference in this short, despite having a Cinderella reference? I mean, this cartoon takes place in France for Christ's sake!

Ah well, great short.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

thelittleursula wrote:I love how it has that old 20's/ 30's Mickey Cartoon like style. Minnie even has her old flower-hat instead of the the bow.

Hopefully Oswald comes in.
Minnie even has that big patch on her panties where her tail sticks out.

As for Oswald, here's hoping. I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen, given how the characters themselves look more or less.
thelittleursula wrote:
Disney Duster wrote: And why didn't Hunchback get a reference if they showed Notre Dame?
Disney Staff : We didn't make a movie called Hunchback of Notre Dame....

No...

Disney Staff: But we DID make a movie called "Cinderella"!
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I like it. The voicework is really cute, the vector-based animation is done well, and the backgrounds are gorgeous. Nice to see a retro/John K./modern look with the characters. This almost has the atmosphere of one of those random experimental episodes of Animaniacs when they didn't rely on dialog.
jade
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jade »

I guess everybody else really likes them.

After having about 24 hours to let the look digest i still don't love it, but i'm not as turned off. They are good enough for tv atleast and i'm still happy to see Mickey and Minnie look like themselves again after all of these decades.

I was just really hoping for something classic. I'm dying for Disney to go old school with 100 percent hand drawn and classic lush backrounds with the multi plane camera.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

supertalies wrote:Unless it's supposed to be Cinderella's 'real' castle, since Cinderella takes place in France?
I didn't think of that! But if it's supposed to be her real castle it should like the one in my avatar, and this this picture.
thelittleursula wrote:Disney Staff : We didn't make a movie called Hunchback of Notre Dame....

No...

Disney Staff # 2 : Quick ! Grab this one to our secert HQ ! This one... knows too much...
LOL!!!!
Big Disney Fan wrote:Disney Staff: But we DID make a movie called "Cinderella"!
LOL
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

They deleted it from Youtube...

Anyway, what I liked about Cinderella was that the colors were 100% correct. Strawberry blonde. No Disney princess merchandise colors. Stylized design, but pretty much the way she was designed and looked in the film.

Such fresh air. :)