DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:40 am 
Limited Edition

I just got an email that Disney Movies Anywhere is officially closed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:08 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Does Disney have any interest in making its streaming services (now Movies Anywhere) available worldwide? I prefer blu-ray by a mile but my movie-watching options have completely shrivelled up. :( In my country there aren't even any DVD and Blu-ray rental shops left - they've all gone out of business. I actually have to purchase the movies I want to watch from the UK or the USA from Amazon. As you can guess, that's expensive. I see very little new movies each year.

Most of the rest of my countrymen simply resort to downloading movies illegally off the internet or streaming them (also illegally) on their Android boxes. I think the only legal streaming service we have in Malta is Netflix - which was introduced about 2 years ago - but it's unattractive because the number of films on offer are joke compared to those offered by Netflix in the USA.

So Disney, and all the other film studios out there, please go global. Pretty please. :huh:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:14 pm 

DisneyVillains wrote:
Anyone know if they are going to eventually allow for chapter selection on each movie rather then having to fast forward? Disney Movies Anywhere had it and it was great

I contacted Movies Anywhere about the lack of a chapters option on the Roku app. After suggesting reinstalling etc., they finally confirmed the Roku app does not have a chapters option. When I open MA in a browser chapters are present. Some movies like Pocahontas have titled chapters while others are just numbered.

I hope they add chapters to all versions and label bonus features clearly! I also wish Disney Movies Anywhere had been maintained as a subset to the broader Movies Anywhere. oh well...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:58 pm 
Limited Edition

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/di ... 202712998/
Good News. Even with DMA shut, you can still import all your Disney movies to Movies Anywhere. So for those who missed the deadline, you haven't lost all your films permanently!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:28 pm 
Special Edition

Clindor, please check your PM's :wave:

Thanks!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10