Movies Anywhere

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Re: Disney Movies Anywhere - Available now!

Post by Matt »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Matt wrote:Anyone else missing the bonus features for The Lion King Signature Edition? I have none in my Movies Anywhere. I don’t see the Target Exclusive Bonus feature as well for the new pirates movie as well. Also I don’t see all the bonus features for Mulan as well. I hope they fix these problem soon. :(
I don't have them either. I don't own the digital of Pinocchio but that doesn't have any features as well. Bambi has all of its features though it seems while Snow White seems to be missing quite a few. I think Beauty and the Beast is also complete like Bambi.
Glad I’m not the only one lol. Hopefully they get this fixed soon since it’s new to us Disney fans lol.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Seems like they fixed a bunch of the bonus features for Disney Movies Anywhere. I see The Lion King bonus features now. Still a few more need to be fixed.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Redbox, Studios’ Frenemy, Selling Low-Cost Digital Downloads Of Disney Films
http://deadline.com/2017/10/redbox-sell ... 202194361/
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Matt wrote:Seems like they fixed a bunch of the bonus features for Disney Movies Anywhere. I see The Lion King bonus features now. Still a few more need to be fixed.
I see those now too. It's strange that some films have a lot of new special features like Hunchback (which previously didn't have any) but some still have little to none like Dumbo and Cinderella.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Matt wrote:Seems like they fixed a bunch of the bonus features for Disney Movies Anywhere. I see The Lion King bonus features now. Still a few more need to be fixed.
I see those now too. It's strange that some films have a lot of new special features like Hunchback (which previously didn't have any) but some still have little to none like Dumbo and Cinderella.
Hunchback has more bonus features?! So cool. Maybe they’re gonna re-release it again with a digital code lol. What’s new?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Matt wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote: I see those now too. It's strange that some films have a lot of new special features like Hunchback (which previously didn't have any) but some still have little to none like Dumbo and Cinderella.
Hunchback has more bonus features?! So cool. Maybe they’re gonna re-release it again with a digital code lol. What’s new?
I don't have it on digital yet so the bonus features are all locked to me. Since Movies Anywhere doesn't label their special features on the menu, I can only look at the little image used to represent the bonus feature to tell what it is. It looks like it features something from Hunchback 2 because I see Jennifer Love Hewitt on one. However, the rest look like they belong to the first movie and there's a lot more than just the Making of the Film which is the only bonus feature labeled. So clearly they picked stuff outside of the Blu-Ray. Also even in the Song section, they have the deleted song Someday there, although none of the other deleted songs. So it does look like if nothing else, they did take Someday from the laserdisc bonus features and more than likely some of the other "new" bonus features came from the laserdisc as well.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Redbox, Studios’ Frenemy, Selling Low-Cost Digital Downloads Of Disney Films
http://deadline.com/2017/10/redbox-sell ... 202194361/
Disney’s Injunction Against Redbox Rejected by Judge
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/dis ... nfo.com%29
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

Knowing that ‘Disney Movies Anywhere’ is closing & being replaced by ‘Movies Anywhere’ there is something I would like to understand:

If I don’t open an ‘Movies Anywhere’ account before they shut down ‘DMA’: will it mean I’ll lose the digital copies I got from my Blu-ray & iTunes purchases for good?? Or will they be there whenever I decide to create ‘Movies Anywhere’ profile?

Thanks,
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Clindor wrote:Knowing that ‘Disney Movies Anywhere’ is closing & being replaced by ‘Movies Anywhere’ there is something I would like to understand:

If I don’t open an ‘Movies Anywhere’ account before they shut down ‘DMA’: will it mean I’ll lose the digital copies I got from my Blu-ray & iTunes purchases for good?? Or will they be there whenever I decide to create ‘Movies Anywhere’ profile?

Thanks,
On the main website for DMA, it says "Less than 2 days left. Transfer your movies now." That implies that if you don't transfer your account now, you won't be able to access those movies again. So while I can't confirm it, I would highly recommend creating a Movies Anywhere account before DMA closes on Feb 28. It's better to be safe than sorry and it really doesn't take long at all so there's no reason to wait.
ImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Yeah, but don't you still have the digital copies in iTunes?
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Clindor wrote:Knowing that ‘Disney Movies Anywhere’ is closing & being replaced by ‘Movies Anywhere’ there is something I would like to understand:

Thanks,
On the main website for DMA, it says "Less than 2 days left. Transfer your movies now." That implies that if you don't transfer your account now, you won't be able to access those movies again. So while I can't confirm it, I would highly recommend creating a Movies Anywhere account before DMA closes on Feb 28. It's better to be safe than sorry and it really doesn't take long at all so there's no reason to wait.
I know!! I totally agree with you! (Thank you a lot by the way JeanGreyForever for taking time to answer my question :-) ). My problem is I am living in Europe right now.. And if DMA didn’t mind giving access to Disney fans living outside of the US, ‘Movies Anywhere’ does! :x And I’ve been trying to create a ‘Movies Anywhere’ account since last October! Without success... :cry:

I guess my only hope now is to ask a kind soul here (someone living in the States now) to create a new ‘Movies Anywhere’ account for me (using one of my email addresses if needed) and then to give me the login details once it’s done, so I could take over this blank account and link it on my own to my already existing DMR account...

Would somebody help me with that?.. :cry:
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Clindor wrote:I know!! I totally agree with you! (Thank you a lot by the way JeanGreyForever for taking time to answer my question :-) ). My problem is I am living in Europe right now.. And if DMA didn’t mind giving access to Disney fans living outside of the US, ‘Movies Anywhere’ does! :x And I’ve been trying to create a ‘Movies Anywhere’ account since last October! Without success... :cry:

I guess my only hope now is to ask a kind soul here (someone living in the States now) to create a new ‘Movies Anywhere’ account for me (using one of my email addresses if needed) and then to give me the login details once it’s done, so I could take over this blank account and link it on my own to my already existing DMR account...

Clindor, I was able to create a MA account from outside the US using the "Tunnel Bear" proxi app on my phone (you can use that on a PC as well). All you have to do is download the app/program, switch to a US proxi and create the account. Once your account is up you don't need to use the proxi anymore while using MA.

http://www.tunnelbear.com

Give it a try and report back. If you need any help, just give me a shout :wave:

Hope this helps :)
Dosencola

Post by Dosencola »

I have the same problem like Clindor. I tried all kinds of VPN, also the tunnelbear both on my computer and my smartphone, but the website always recognizes that. I will return to the U.S. next week and I wrote them an e-mail, but nobody responded. I currently have 43 movies on my disney movies anywhere account that I don't want to loose. :cry:
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

stevemcqueen wrote:
Clindor wrote:I know!! I totally agree with you! (Thank you a lot by the way JeanGreyForever for taking time to answer my question :-) ). My problem is I am living in Europe right now.. And if DMA didn’t mind giving access to Disney fans living outside of the US, ‘Movies Anywhere’ does! :x And I’ve been trying to create a ‘Movies Anywhere’ account since last October! Without success... :cry:

Clindor, I was able to create a MA account from outside the US using the "Tunnel Bear" proxi app on my phone (you can use that on a PC as well). All you have to do is download the app/program, switch to a US proxi and create the account. Once your account is up you don't need to use the proxi anymore while using MA.

http://www.tunnelbear.com

Give it a try and report back. If you need any help, just give me a shout :wave:

Hope this helps :)
It looks like it worked!! :o :o :o I’m so happy!!!
Thank you so much stevemcqueen!! I owe you one, buddy :-)
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

Dosencola wrote:I have the same problem like Clindor. I tried all kinds of VPN, also the tunnelbear both on my computer and my smartphone, but the website always recognizes that. I will return to the U.S. next week and I wrote them an e-mail, but nobody responded. I currently have 43 movies on my disney movies anywhere account that I don't want to loose. :cry:
Could the problem come from the fact that you are using several VPNs at the same time??
Dosencola

Post by Dosencola »

Clindor wrote:
Dosencola wrote:I have the same problem like Clindor. I tried all kinds of VPN, also the tunnelbear both on my computer and my smartphone, but the website always recognizes that. I will return to the U.S. next week and I wrote them an e-mail, but nobody responded. I currently have 43 movies on my disney movies anywhere account that I don't want to loose. :cry:
Could the problem come from the fact that you are using several VPNs at the same time??
This is what always shows up when I use tunnelbear:

"We currently do not support registration through a proxy server or VPN, please update your connection settings and try again."
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Dosencola wrote:This is what always shows up when I use tunnelbear:

"We currently do not support registration through a proxy server or VPN, please update your connection settings and try again."
Try this: Delete both apps (MA and TunnelBear) from your smartphone, re-download both and try to register again but only via the smartphone, not the PC. Keep us posted!

EDIT: Also, after you re-download both apps, do not open the MA app before the TunnelBear is up and running on a US VPN...
Dosencola

Post by Dosencola »

stevemcqueen wrote:
Dosencola wrote:This is what always shows up when I use tunnelbear:

Try this: Delete both apps (MA and TunnelBear) from your smartphone, re-download both and try to register again but only via the smartphone, not the PC. Keep us posted!

EDIT: Also, after you re-download both apps, do not open the MA app before the TunnelBear is up and running on a US VPN...
I just tried that for three times, but the app still recognizes my place (Germany). Is there a chance that I could send someone of you in the U.S. my mail address and a password (I will later change)? I think this is the only step the software requests to be in the U.S. Any help would be amazing!
DisneyVillains
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyVillains »

Anyone know if they are going to eventually allow for chapter selection on each movie rather then having to fast forward? Disney Movies Anywhere had it and it was great
"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty. They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch"
-Ursula

"How sentimental. You know I haven't been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat."-Hades
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Dosencola wrote:I just tried that for three times, but the app still recognizes my place (Germany). Is there a chance that I could send someone of you in the U.S. my mail address and a password (I will later change)? I think this is the only step the software requests to be in the U.S. Any help would be amazing!
I'm not in the US but can give it a try using the VPN if nobody in the US can help. Let me know!