Best Disney movie ending *SPOLERS*

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Best Disney movie ending *SPOLERS*

Post by Just Myself »

What is your favorite Disney ending?

THE LION KING: Simba and Nala sit upon Pride Rock while Rafiki holds up Simba's new cub. Note that it is a boy, and the only cub of Simba in TLK2 is Kiara, who is a girl.

FINDING NEMO: Nemo is found and reunited with Marlin. The movie ends as Nemo goes off to school again.

Now post yours!
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

In no particular order, here are my absolute favorites:

Pinocchio - The puppet is transformed into a real boy
The Lion King - Basically, its a shortened version of the beginning: which signifies the circle of life theme.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Quasimodo is finally accepted by the outside world, and they carry him on their shoulders
Toy Story - "Oh, look, a puppy!"

But my #1 favorite has to be Monsters, Inc.. That was really sweet.
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

The Little Mermaid - Ariel gets her voice back and finally gets to be part of his world.

The Lion King - With a baby cub, the circle of life starts anew.

Aladdin - Aladdin and Jasmine are in a whole new world and float away on their magic carpet while they share a long, dreamy kiss.

Lady and the Tramp - Lady and Tramp have puppies, Lady gets more attention since she felt left out, and they all become a happy family.

Tarzan - Tarzan and Jane swing on the vines together, symbolizing she is joining Tarzan's world and has adjusted to his way of life.
Image Image
Commodore Barbosa
Limited Issue

Post by Commodore Barbosa »

All those that have been mentioned are fantastic, but I'm going to list the one that always gets me "right here".

Monsters Inc. : "Boo?"............. "Kitty!"

There's something about that exceedingly simple ending that is just wonderful.
PheR
Special Edition

Re: Best Disney movie ending *SPOLERS*

Post by PheR »

Secret Disney Man wrote:Note that it is a boy, and the only cub of Simba in TLK2 is Kiara, who is a girl.

Douh!!...what makes you think that?, I didn't get to see anything suspicious :lol:

well, I'll say:

LION KING: as everyone says, the circle of life is completed and wonderfully shown in here, and also, only with music and animation we get to understand the whole idea of being born and reproduce your self

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: Beast's transformation is one of the best animation sequences ever!! and all the castle and other characters transformation is also great to see, though the ball is taken from sleeping beauty, it's still a beautiful sequence and the final shot of the stained glass is gourgious.

TARZAN: another great animation sequence, Tarzan and Jane in final shot look almost like real actors!! and the jungle and waterfall are impressive.

DUMBO: finally justice for this poor little fellow

worst: Mulan :D
I'ts enough for this restless warrior just to be with you...
rodis
Special Edition

Post by rodis »

Moi!

"Cinderella" - the wedding scene was beautiful and I also love the song.

"The Jungle Book" - that jungle view in the sunset is breathtaking :o

"The Little Mermaid" - the wedding ship was drawn beautifully. And when Sebastian finally gets his revenge in Louis it's hilarious :D

"Beauty and the Beast" - although the ballroom in the ending looks a bit weird (yes, I know the colors are supposed to be different), something about the floor just seems wrong but overall it's a great scene and the final shot of the stained glass with the roses on the sides is stunning.

"Pocahontas" - I love how emotional it gets when she runs to the ship with all 'the colors of the wind' and watches it leave.

"Tarzan" - it looks unbelievably real.

And I agree about "Mulan" - It's not the worst for me but it definitely doesn't have the typical Disney ending.
jambo*rafiki
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jambo*rafiki »

I love The Lion King's because of the Circle of Life theme, just like everyone else says. And PheR . . . I think Secret Disney Man meant that the cub was gold, like Simba, instead of the lighter tan color of the lionesses. I also LOVE Monster's Inc's ending, it almost made me cry!! :( I also liked the ending of 101 Dalmatians.
"The names Cruuuuuuush. Emphasis on the U. But you can call me Crush."

"Asante sana, squash banana, wewe nugu, mimi apana!"

SAVE 2D!!!!!!!!
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Oh yes, because the color of the fur is the way to tell males and females apart. Good eye! :thumb:
Sekaino Jasmine
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sekaino Jasmine »

"Aladdin", definitely. Not just because it's my favorite Disney movie, but because I really do like it the best. The fireworks, the reprise of "A Whole New World", that romantic kiss...yeah, it was great.

I also like the ending of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame". :)
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

oh yeah!! the color it is, :D ...then it's true.

and you're right, Mosnters Inc's ending is the sweetest, I cried too...I also liked the brother bear ending, I didn't expect it at all (I wont say cause there are people in this boards who haven't seen this)
Yuki
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Yuki »

I'd have to say 'Aladdin' as well. The Genie being set free which was what Aladdin has been meaning to do since the beginning, and it just looked wonderful.

I also liked the Monsters Inc ending.
Homer: Marge, I'm bored
Marge: Why don't you read something?
Homer: Because I'm trying to reduce my boredom

“Who cares about what's on the disc? I think Disney Guru's concern with the cover artwork is the most important thing.”
~Luke
Squirrel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Squirrel »

I go with "Lilo & Stitch," with that montage, and then, after that, the pictures from Lilo's camera. Set to "Burnin' Love." Also, The Rescuers Down Under, where Cody says, "Let's go home..." and they all fly into the stars with Marahute, right after Bernard has proposed to Bianca...and The Firebird Suite was a great way to end Fantasia 2000.

Loved the endings, also, to Monsters, Inc. and Finding Nemo. Also well done...the Beauty and the Beast ending, The Lion King, Aladdin...so many. But Lilo's my favorite film, and I thought it was a fun and sweet way to end the movie, so...
Meega na la queesta.
static & silence and a monochrome vision
jambo*rafiki
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jambo*rafiki »

PheR wrote:oh yeah!! the color it is, :D ...then it's true.

and you're right, Mosnters Inc's ending is the sweetest, I cried too...I also liked the brother bear ending, I didn't expect it at all (I wont say cause there are people in this boards who haven't seen this)
Yeah, wasn't it sweet? I always get a bit teary. But I HATED the Brother Bear ending!!!! It wasn't plausible to me (haha, well, after a movie where people turn into animals, that's kind of a weird thing to say) and it was so predictable. I kept saying to myself, "it looks like they're going to end it that way . . . but they couldn't possibly, it would be too weird." But then they did.
Wait a minute . . . do you mean his choice, or the very end that's set to music? Because, come to think of it, I did like his choice at the end. I just didn't like the very end.
"The names Cruuuuuuush. Emphasis on the U. But you can call me Crush."

"Asante sana, squash banana, wewe nugu, mimi apana!"

SAVE 2D!!!!!!!!
Squirrel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Squirrel »

I liked the end to Brother Bear. Then again, I really loved the film. But the ending...felt right to me. Very warm, very...the brotherhood/family ties shown between everyone, they were nice. I thought Kenai was faced with an interesting choice, and agreed with his decision...and the music was good, too, set over the very end. But I liked the ending. (And the outtakes afterward.)

And I guess the ending was predictable...but I felt, rather, that it was comforting. A natural progression of the story. I don't know what else they could have done, after all that happened...
Meega na la queesta.
static & silence and a monochrome vision
wwwjim
Gold Classic Collection

Best Endings

Post by wwwjim »

My picks would be:

Snow White -- she awakens with a kiss
Beauty and the Beast -- Beast's transformation
Lion King -- Simba as king
Mary Poppins -- the Happy Family
Lady and the Tramp -- Tramp gets a home
Jim
Disney Fan in Maryland
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

jambo*rafiki wrote:do you mean his choice, or the very end that's set to music? Because, come to think of it, I did like his choice at the end. I just didn't like the very end.
yes, the choice; as you say, is not how a movie like that (like TENG) use to end. more than predictible, it was like "you always imagine it but not really expect it to happen"...it´s something like Hercules ending aswell.
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: one of the most touching :cry: scenes ever in a Disney movie, plus a great shot of the castle in the end.

Fantasia: the message of hope in that sunrise of the "Ave Maria" sequence is gorgeous. I always aplause the ending of the movie.

The Three Caballeros: very festive and psychedelich

Alice In Wonderland: the big chase is one of my favorite animated scenes ever!

Peter Pan: "You can fly, you fly"!

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: wonderful message about growing up and leaving you childhood behind

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's dream comes true

Beauty and the Beast: Beast's death and transformation is on of the greatest pieces of animation EVER animated. You can't help but feel sorry for the couple every time you watch the movie, even knowing everything is going to end OK. After the breathtaking scene of the transformation of the castle, you get to spend some time with all the character you've learned to love in their human form. Ok, I admit the final shot in the ballroom looks cheap, but everything else in that sequence is so perfect that you simply don't care.

The Lion King: the circle of life all over again.

Pocahontas: the most touching and unpredictable ending. And what a wonderful score!!!

The Hunchback of Notre Dame: Quasi finally accepted by the world.

Fantasia 2000: breathtaking!!!!

Brother Bear: oh my... another one which makes me :cry: , hehe! Gotta love that score!!

I also like the ending of the Pixar's movies, specially the ones of "Monsters, Inc." and "Nemo"
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

jambo*rafiki wrote: . . . I think Secret Disney Man meant that the cub was gold, like Simba, instead of the lighter tan color of the lionesses.
Also the cub had a small mane, like Simba.
PheR wrote:I also liked the brother bear ending, I didn't expect it at all (I wont say cause there are people in this boards who haven't seen this)
Well, those who don't want to know won't come here. I've never seen Hunchback and I know a lot of people who haven't either. So I think it's safe to splerge on the Brother Bear ending.
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Tangela
In The Vaults

Post by Tangela »

My choices are:

Dumbo: The Little Elephant finding out that he is a great star despite his big ears and he and his mother get a speciall wagon in the circus train.

Peter Pan: I like it when George Darling leaves the idea of forcing Wendy to grow up, and that he remembers his childhood when he sees the flying ship, I love this ending, more than the film itself.

The Rescuers You guessed it! This ending when the Rescuers are flying away into the sky, it makes me feel I want a sequel, but not that crappy "The Rescuers Down Under" sequel, something much, much better.

:)
Tell Chris Johnson that he's Walt Disney and he'll believe it...
-Tangela
I shall be happy if it kills me! Gee Maneese Ow!
-Disneyguru
Prince Adam
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Adam »

Sleeping Beauty: I heard someone say that this was not the only "happily ever after, but it was the most beautiful". I wholeheartedly agree.

Beauty and the Beast: this would have probably been kind of corny, but I'm just so relieved that the Beast isn't dead that I don't care.

The Little Mermaid: from the moment Ariel steps out of the ocean in that blue dress, you can't help but just be happy for the couple.

Pocahontas:definitely unpredictable, and very "un-Disney"-but loved it. The score is perfect for the scene, and gets me every time.

Return to NeverLand: Peter and Wendy's reunion is so beautiful, and the final scene is a perfect way to end the Peter Pan anthology.
Defy Gravity...