Home on the Range Blu-Ray (July 3, 2012)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Home on the Range Blu-Ray (July 3, 2012)

Post by Barbossa »

Home on the Range Blu-Ray set for a July 3, 2012 release!

Isn't it a bit much with all the other releases coming this summer?

No concrete confirmation yet, but just going by this thread:
http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 355#601355
And the original thread at Blu-Ray.com:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195730

Usually considered the underdog of the DACs, but still enjoyable.
Last edited by Barbossa on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Disney Home Entertainment is pushing hard to get all of the Animated Classics out on Blu-ray within a few years. I don't know this part for sure, but the speculation I have gathered is that their may be concerns that within the middle of the decade, physical media may be on it's way out. So, just in case, they want to get at least the Animated Classics on Blu-ray while they can.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

milojthatch wrote:Disney Home Entertainment is pushing hard to get all of the Animated Classics out on Blu-ray within a few years. I don't know this part for sure, but the speculation I have gathered is that their may be concerns that within the middle of the decade, physical media may be on it's way out. So, just in case, they want to get at least the Animated Classics on Blu-ray while they can.
I was thinking just that this afternoon. they're REALLY rushing their catalogue and I'm afraid that after the digital films are over, we'll see some very rushed "restoration" work on the old films.

I'm wondering what they're preparing for the future.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Physical Media want disappear in the next few years. Streaming and Digital is going to grow, but I'm sure Blu-rays and probably DVDs will still be around in 2015.

Anyway It does seem like Disney is really releasing a lot of movies lately. Which is a good thing as long as the quality doesn't suffer.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Updated the first post with the cover art, and release date.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

That cover was hideous in 2004 and it still is today.

Yuck.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

I don't really understand why people didn't like this cover art. I don't know what else they could possibly do for this film. I think it's better than giant cow heads that we would have gotten had they redone it.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I still don't have/never seen Home on the Range, so I'll more than likely pick up this Blu-ray/DVD combo pack. I doubt it's as bad as many people say it is. Plus, it's only $21, which isn't that bad of a deal.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

It´s not that bad...it is worse.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

I remember seeing this in the cinema aged 8 - I thought it was terrible then, it's even worse than terrible now. I suppose it gets it out of the way but there are dozens of other titles that deserve a release over this low point.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Home on the Range Blu-Ray (July 3, 2012)

Post by Disney Duster »

Barbossa wrote:Usually considered the underdog of the DACs, but still enjoyable.
Underdog of the DACs? An underdog is something that doesn't look like it will succeed, but does, because its actually good. But it didn't succeed and is not considered good. I think you mean bane of the DACs. Or is that Chicken Little? Or both? They were done right next to each other.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

The only complaint I have about the cover art is that there's that random blue bar at the top. It should say "Blu-ray + DVD" up there like they did with "Alice in Wonderland", but it says "Includes Blu-ray + DVD" under the Blu-ray Disc logo instead. It doesn't make sense to me.
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

I've always liked that movie. I just bought the soundtrack on iTunes not too long ago either.

-Skyler
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

By the way Sequel...I speak out of personal experience.

I didn´t see the movie at the time and bought it thinking the same thing: "It can´t be that bad"; my mistake.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

DC Fan wrote:By the way Sequel...I speak out of personal experience.

I didn´t see the movie at the time and bought it thinking the same thing: "It can´t be that bad"; my mistake.
Eh, I still want to own all of the DACs at some point. I'll probably get it for free anyway (from all of the Amazon gift cards I get from SwagBucks). But I appreciate your (and everyone elses) concern.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I´ll do the same thing...even though I despise it with my whole heart.

But I´m a completist and when the time comes and I have my family I want my kids to see all Disney films.

...but it is awful.
Last edited by DC Fan on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I think if you try hard enough you can beat the completist in yourselves. I know I had to beat down my desire to be a completist, and it worked well especially because of money concerns and I just don't want to own every dang thing they produce. See it all, sure. Own it? Ew. I don't want to waste money or have those things in my house.

What's the point of showing your kids things saying "Everything Disney is great!" and then they get let down by that and you know your a big fat liar.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Disney Duster wrote:I think if you try hard enough you can beat the completist in yourselves. I know I had to beat down my desire to be a completist, and it worked well especially because of money concerns and I just don't want to own every dang thing they produce. See it all, sure. Own it? Ew. I don't want to waste money or have those things in my house.

What's the point of showing your kids things saying "Everything Disney is great!" and then they get let down by that and you know your a big fat liar.
I know I won't "perfect" my collection due to Chicken Little and Home on the Range. I will watch the later again, but I doubt I'll end up buying it. I remember only that it was awful. I'm a Disney fan, not Disney's bitch. some movies are just not worth it
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

I am with DC Fan. I am a completist & will hope for a really low price & buy it (while holding my nose). Even my young nephews made fun of me for buying as they call it "the cow movie". I think I've watched the dvd once since I bought it.

Hope I live long enough for Hercules & Hunchback. Can't believe we get this first.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.