DisneyNature's Chimpanzee

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

DisneyNature's Chimpanzee

Post by Barbossa »

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8khQmJtnMq8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The next Disneynature feature, coming to theaters Earth Day 2012 (April 22).

Official webpage:
http://disney.go.com/disneynature/chimp ... e_ps__Intl
Last edited by Barbossa on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Now, I'm not a guy into small and cute fluffy animals, but I have to say that I am rather intrigued by this film. I actually want to see Oscar's story because, well, just because. I'll probably check this out either next Earth Day or whenever it comes out on Blu-ray/DVD. But, seriously, Oscar was kind of adorable--and I don't use the word adorable.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

So if this is the 2012 North American release, I guess that means Pollen/Hidden Beauty will eaither bypass us like Crimson Wing did, or, it's going to be the 2013 release.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Forgot to ask the inevitable trailer music question, anyone know the two songs used in the trailer?
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Added a link to the official webpage in the first post.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Barbossa wrote:So if this is the 2012 North American release, I guess that means Pollen/Hidden Beauty will eaither bypass us like Crimson Wing did, or, it's going to be the 2013 release.
I'm betting bypass us in theaters and come to the States on DVD and Blu Ray. I'm betting this is the way it's going to be for now. Don't want it to be, but betting it's how it will be.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

will have to try and check that out. been a chimp fan for years, so this is a must see
big kid at heart
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

milojthatch wrote:
Barbossa wrote:So if this is the 2012 North American release, I guess that means Pollen/Hidden Beauty will eaither bypass us like Crimson Wing did, or, it's going to be the 2013 release.
I'm betting bypass us in theaters and come to the States on DVD and Blu Ray. I'm betting this is the way it's going to be for now. Don't want it to be, but betting it's how it will be.
That's what I'm suspecting, unless they stick with the 2013 release date - but, according to a small blurb on the Disneynature Wikipedia page, an upcoming project is to be based on Penguins. It seems on this continent they just want to sell movies with "zoo-friendly" animals. For example, how many kids are actually interested in bees? Kids just want to run away from them from fear of being stung. However, with the footage from the Pollen trailer that I've seen, I'ld love to see Pollen/Hidden Beauty in 3D on an IMAX screen.

In addition...
It seems that whenever a new Disneynature trailer is released, people ask the question, "What's the music in the trail?"
For Chimpanzee the music is:
The Sound of Sunshine by Michael Franti & Spearhead
This is Home by Switchfoot

It's thanks to the trailers, that I've discovered and became fans of some new groups and artists.
Mr arrow
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mr arrow »

I wonder what happened to "Orangutans: One Minute to Midnight" ? I guess not all documentaries go according to plan...
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Mr arrow wrote:I wonder what happened to "Orangutans: One Minute to Midnight" ? I guess not all documentaries go according to plan...
I'm wondering about that one too. After Chimpanzee, there are no new projects announced. I hope this series isn't dead.

Here's a new poster for Chimpanzee that was recently released:

Caeser! :wink:
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

I wonder if this movie will show chimpanzee eating their babies. (yes they actually are nasty muthafuckers that would eat their own or even human babies)
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Super Aurora wrote:I wonder if this movie will show chimpanzee eating their babies. (yes they actually are nasty muthafuckers that would eat their own or even human babies)
Chimps are nasty buggers! They rip people's faces off and they killed Draco Malfoy. :wink:
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

Super Aurora wrote:I wonder if this movie will show chimpanzee eating their babies. (yes they actually are nasty muthafuckers that would eat their own or even human babies)
being a disney film, probably not, but i have seen footage featuring this. they are amazing creatures, able to show great love and even greater violence. jane goodall was my idol when i was a teen, i adored her books.
big kid at heart
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

sunhuntin wrote:
being a disney film, probably not, but i have seen footage featuring this. they are amazing creatures, able to show great love and even greater violence. jane goodall was my idol when i was a teen, i adored her books.
Probably the reason, from the big apes, our zoo here in Calgary only has lowland gorillas. The worst Kanaga (our silverback) does is throw his poop at people he doesn't like. :lol:
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

the nearest gorilla here is a good 2 days drive. used to be the nearest was australia. i love gorillas and would love to see one in real life, but doesnt look likely to happen any time soon, lol.
the wellington zoo has chimps and baboons, the baboons you can get quite close to through large glass walls, but the chimps are on an island so far away they are hard to see. silly as they have name plates on the wall detailing their characteristics and how to tell them apart, but they are so far away they look the same.
big kid at heart
Mr arrow
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mr arrow »

Chimpanzee seems to winning the hearts of those who have seen the previews...but I'm a bit concerned as of yet there hasnt been the traditional preview for next year's (2013) Disneynature offering...there have been no clues as of yet and I doubt that it will be Hidden Beauty as that film is making every attempt to REMAIN hidden...I hope the series hasnt ended...
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Mr arrow wrote:Chimpanzee seems to winning the hearts of those who have seen the previews...but I'm a bit concerned as of yet there hasnt been the traditional preview for next year's (2013) Disneynature offering...there have been no clues as of yet and I doubt that it will be Hidden Beauty as that film is making every attempt to REMAIN hidden...I hope the series hasnt ended...
Funny you should mention this as I started a thread earlier today on the same subject over at Micechat:
http://micechat.com/forums/movies/16640 ... ature.html
Mr arrow
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mr arrow »

Everything else seems to have taken a back seat to Marvel at Disney...I think its a shame, these (Disneynature) films were something that they did resurrect and re-invent rather well and it reconnected Disney to its past I think in a very positive way...but searching the net we seem to be the only people who actually give a 'rats' about it...which may say something about the lackluster interest in the series...Also I couldnt help noticing that 'POLLEN' (Hidden Beauty) had a grand total of SIX 'likes' on its facebook page...
Not dissing Marvel here but if i had the choice to sit through yet ANOTHER cacaphonous two hours of men in tights save the planet or immerse myself in the wonder and spectacle of nature's realm I'd choose the latter but as Disney seeks to become more MARVELised clearly its about what makes the big bucks after all...
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Anybody see it yet? I was going to go tomorrow for earth Day, but I remembered that game 4 of the Canucks/Kings series is on tomorrow. I'll go Monday.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I just got home from seeing it today. I really liked it, but I've also liked all of the DisneyNature films thus far. I personally thought it was odd that said having Tim Allen narrate it (just a FYI, there is a "Home Improvement" reference in it if you can spot it, which I think most will), but my wife really liked him as the narrator.

I was thinking about it, and to me it just seems as if the whole nature documentary genre is slowly being moved over to tv exclusively. It is really sad as to me, they belong up on the big screen. I will admit that not everyone is into nature films, but for those of us that are, I felt this was a good one. I felt it kind of went back in some odd way to the "True Live Adventure" film "Perri" as it had a more set story line that was crafted then previous DisneyNature films. I don't think fans of these films will be disappointed in this one.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney