The Disney Movie Rewards Discussion & Info Thread Vol. 4

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Re: The Disney Movie Rewards Discussion & Info Thread Vol. 4

Post by Avaitor »

Yeah, I hit that up. I'm getting closer to watching all of the DACs that I've previously missed.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

They've also got THE ROCKETEER for 750 points. And TREASURE PLANET for 1100. I just redeemed THE ROCKETEER. I've wanted that one for a while, but couldn't justify spending money for it, so, I'm pretty happy. :up:
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Whoa!

I was originally against using DMR points to obtain movies I can easily buy at public stores, but since I kind of doubt that they'll put up any more Treasures or DMC exclusives, I've been changing my mind about this lately.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Was it me or there were no bonus codes in the news letter this month? :?
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Avaitor wrote:I was originally against using DMR points to obtain movies I can easily buy at public stores, but since I kind of doubt that they'll put up any more Treasures or DMC exclusives, I've been changing my mind about this lately.
This is the same way I feel. Although to be fair, I rarely buy Disney products (TV series, new films, new releases of films I already bought a previous edition of, etc.) anymore because they're so overpriced. I've been waiting for Wreck-It Ralph's price to come down for what seems like forever now. The fact that they've included fewer and fewer bonus features only makes not paying for their products easier.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

I got my Get a Horse! lithograph this week. I'm not sure if it was quite worth the points, but it's pretty nice.
Disney's Divinity wrote:This is the same way I feel. Although to be fair, I rarely buy Disney products (TV series, new films, new releases of films I already bought a previous edition of, etc.) anymore because they're so overpriced. I've been waiting for Wreck-It Ralph's price to come down for what seems like forever now. The fact that they've included fewer and fewer bonus features only makes not paying for their products easier.
Have you considered Disney Movie Club? Just signing up the normal way doesn't get you any good deals, but there is a code that is being shared over at blu-ray.com that's a really good deal. If you play your cards right, through one membership, you can get 8-9 titles for an average of anywhere from about $7 to 9 each. This is how I have been getting most of my Disney movies the past 3+ years. I've went through maybe 7-8 memberships by now.
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Just in case anyone missed it:

DMR are doing a new "Countdown To Summer" promotion where you can earn 5 bonus points every weekday from June 1st through June 21st. The codes will be available here:

http://www.pinterest.com/dmrofficial/co ... to-summer/

The first code for both June 1st + 2nd is CTS11P. Enter it for 10 bonus points. This one Expires June 3rd.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Also, this Thursday, DMR will have an exclusive pin with some of the seven dwarfs to commemorate the new Mine Cart ride at Magic Kingdom. Be sure to keep an eye out! :wink:
EZLiver9139
Limited Issue

Post by EZLiver9139 »

I have resisted the idea of this program until this past weekend, when I received my new iPod (late half-birthday gift, I guess?), effectively replacing my older G1 Nano (worn-out battery, surprise moisture exposure). Realizing an opportunity, I immediately made the DMA app one of my first downloads. If there's anything I was needing to say on that side of the coin, I'll say so on that thread.

Apparently since the program started in '06, I've been sitting on about 7,000 points with applicable titles (only one code turned up invalid; used copy of Beauty on BD, go fig). Already redeemed a certain amount, with copies of Christmas Carol, Winnie the Pooh, Gnomeo & Juliet and Home on the Range (don't judge me), all Blu en route to my address.

So far, it's a great program, both DMA/DMR combined. Is there any advice/wisdom you could parlay about using the service, and out of curiosity, what was your quickest shipping time for a reward item?
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

The code for June 3rd is CTSFUN (5 bonus points).
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

The code for June 4th is CTSSUN.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

awesome!!! I just got a $10 DS gift card! :D Always wanted to get one! They are still available so hurry if you want one, I read that these run out fast!
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I'm considering getting one (pro-tip- besides being valid at Disney Stores and the parks, you can use them on their online store!), but I want to see how many points the pin will cost tomorrow.
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

The code for June 4th is CTSJUN.
EAWildman

Post by EAWildman »

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train pin is now available. I clicked to redeem it right at 1PM EDT. Kept getting a "we're too busy processing orders right now, try again" message plus numerous page errors. Finally the order went through after about 12 minutes of trying.

The pin is 900 points. It's supposed to be a limted edition pin, but even then it's seems like a lot of points for a pin. Back in 2010 I got a limited edition Oswald D23 pin for 625 points. Still, a $10 Disney gift card is 1,100 points. A limited edition ride pin in the parks would easily be over $10, so that makes giving up 900 points for this pin a bit easier to take.
-----------------------------------------------------
"They say that these are not the best of times,
But they're the only times I've ever known."
-- B. Joel
-----------------------------------------------------
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Less than five minutes after I posted this to the DMR Facebook page...
Captain's Log, June 5th: I've been trying for 25 mins and still nothing. My eyes are becoming burned with the phrases 'Continue' and 'Please Try Again' which I keep clicking on. I wonder if this will ever end. I miss my family and the outside world. If this reaches anyone please send help, food and this pin.
My order finally went through. I'm very excited.

-Skyler
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Weekend code is CTS15P
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I went with the pin. It looks really nice, so I'm excited!
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

The code for today, June 9th is CTSSMR.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

June 10 code is CTS5PT