Marsupilami

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ArtOfDisney
Banned Deadbeat

Marsupilami

Post by ArtOfDisney »

Does anyone know where I can get this show on DVD as well.

Does anyone remeber it?
ArtOfDisney -
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional."
castleinthesky
Anniversary Edition

Post by castleinthesky »

I remember it. Disney put if off the air just like Gummi Bears, Jungle Cubs, and Bonkers to have 15 hours of Recess, Lilo and Stitch, Tarzan, and Buzz Lightyear. :x
Uncle Remus
Anniversary Edition

Post by Uncle Remus »

i remember that show. it and Bonkers were also on a show called Raw Toonage which was also taken off Toon Disney. i believe that Disney onced released Bonkers videos in the US since i bought one once but apperently misplaced it.
Hennie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hennie »

In Holland were 2 video's of Marsipulami :) check my site for the covers of the video's.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I remeber this show on CBS channel 2.
They had it on saturday mornings during 1993-1995.
During this time CBS showed Little Mermaid the series, Aladdin the series, Raw Toonage and Marsupilami.
But Raw Toonage last a year and Marsupilami last 2 seasons.
I never really like Raw Toonage, Marsupilami, and Bonkers. :x :x

I remember they did have the VHS of Marsupilami.

I wonder were I could catch reruns of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989-1995 seasons. :D :D
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Uncle Remus
Anniversary Edition

Post by Uncle Remus »

actually Raw Toonage didnt last that long. i think there were only like 15 episodes made.
gamma

Post by gamma »

You should read original Marsupilami comics. They are much better.
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

hennie wrote:In Holland were 2 video's of Marsipulami :) check my site for the covers of the video's.
Hey, Hennie, you're site is GREAT!!! Lots of wonderful material... I wish I had all this stuff to produce a home page like yours.
It was kinda nostalgic seeing all those covers that I used to see when I went to the video store when I was very young.
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Uncle Remus wrote:actually Raw Toonage didnt last that long. i think there were only like 15 episodes made.
Actualy, it had even less than that... 12 episodes only! Well, it wasn't a very good series after all... But I enjoy Marsupilami! Here in Brazil they released some videos of it as well.

More info on Raw Toonage (and whatever series you'd like to know about): http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Ep ... wid-14696/
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Marsupilami Seasons 1 and 2 available now in US iTunes Store

Post by Papa Bear »

Marsupilami Seasons 1 and 2 available now in US iTunes store for only $19.99 per season and each has a total of 26 episodes! Just search for Marsupilami.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Marsupilami Seasons 1 and 2 available now in US iTunes S

Post by Sotiris »

Papa Bear wrote:Marsupilami Seasons 1 and 2 available now in US iTunes store for only $19.99 per season and each has a total of 26 episodes! Just search for Marsupilami.
That's great news! I wish I could access the US iTunes store. :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Papa Bear »

Okay so this is not the original series that i was familar with i bouhht season one and was dated 2009 so looked this up and found there has been 3 versions of it as listed below. And this is the most recent which is from the french disney channel and has been running since 2003.

Season 1 - Marsupilami (2000)

A second series, this time produced in France, premiered in March 2000 and ran for 26 episodes [7] in France's Canal J. Produced by Cactus Animation, Marathon Production & Marsu Productions, this series more closely followed the character in the original comic. In this first season, Marsupilami lived adventures alone or with his family (his wife Marsupilamie and their three young, Bibi, Bibu and Bobo). For example, in one episode he saved a group of circus animals, got them back to the city and saved the circus from closing. In another, he had to go to the city again to save one of his young, captured by their constant enemy, the hunter Bring M. Backalive.

Season 2 - Mon ami Marsupilami (2003)

In the 15 episode [8] second season, called Mon amiMarsupilami (translated as My friend Marsupilami in the Disney Channel version), Marsupilami and his family become best friends with a human family, the Du Jardin, that comes to live near them. Amanda is a Marsupilami researcher, while her husband Jean-Pierre is a computer technician that works from home and they have two children, Teo (Leo in the Disney Channel version) and toddler Zoe. Leo and Marsupilami become best friends and they have lots of adventures, with both new friends and old enemies, like Backalive.

Seasons 3-5 - Houba Houba Hop! (2009-present) The third series, started in 2009, features young Hector and his aunt Diane, who are going to live in the jungle for one year to study its fauna and flora. They become the best friends with the Marsupilami family. Their main enemies are megalomaniac industrialist and jungle-hater Felicia Devort, who plans to level out the Palombian jungle and build the Devort City megalopolis in its place, and her two henchmen, Stroy and Blouprint. [9] Their old enemy, hunter Bring M. Backalive, also appears.

A fifth season is in preparation. [10]
Polizzi
Special Edition

Post by Polizzi »

I remember the video cassette that my mom got me. It only has 5 episodes. One is when Norman takes Morris to the zoo, Norman's own business company, Mars's plan to scare Stuart, the elephant (he calls him Stewy for being a coward) with a Cropsy, helping Stuart overcome his fear, and Norman dressed up as Tarzan and calls himself Normzan.