Pixar Short Films Collection: Volume 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

SWillie! wrote:
Sotiris wrote: Benelux
Haha I know. I looked it up. Never heard that term before though.
:lol:

Sorry, as someone from the Benelux that was funny. :)
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

PatrickvD wrote:
SWillie! wrote: Haha I know. I looked it up. Never heard that term before though.
:lol:

So when someone asks where you're from do you say Benelux or do you say the actual country? Does it run pretty much like a single country? Lol I don't know if what I'm sayin makes sense
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

SWillie! wrote:So when someone asks where you're from do you say Benelux or do you say the actual country? Does it run pretty much like a single country?
No, you say the specific country. They are all separate countries. Benelux is only a customs union between these three countries.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

SWillie! wrote:
PatrickvD wrote: :lol:

So when someone asks where you're from do you say Benelux or do you say the actual country? Does it run pretty much like a single country? Lol I don't know if what I'm sayin makes sense
Benelux refers to the region, it's not a single country. It's more of an economical term (correct me if I'm wrong), not a geographical one. The term has lost its purpose though and it has come to be used mainly (and usually) for movie/music distribution.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

What Sotiris said yes.

And yes it is definitely more of an economical term. Benelux is a often used to refer to the region as a market. Movies and such are often released simultaneously in each country. There's lots more, but it's boring stuff. :)
MagicDishwasher

Post by MagicDishwasher »

From the Walmart.com preorder (11/13/12) page:

Disney and Pixar present an incredible new collection of 12 short films, featuring multiple Academy Award(R) nominees (Best Short Film, Animated: "Presto", 2008; "Day & Night", 2010; "La Luna", 2011) and a host of family favorites. Join the celebration of imagination with this must-own collection, packed with unforgettable animation, fantastic stories and captivating characters. Plus, enjoy all-new extras that share how Pixar's storied talent got their start - including student films from acclaimed directors John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton and Pete Docter.

"Nitemare", "The Lady & The Lamp", "Somewhere In The Arctic", "A Story", "Winter", "Palm Springs", "Next Door".
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Watched Stanton's and Docter's student films in my History of Animation class last year. Stanton's was mediocre, but Docter's was HILARIOUS. This will be a great bonus feature!
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Yeah, that's a really nice addition. They ought to do this for other artists at the studios, though I understand why it would only be the big names
Philo & Gunge

Post by Philo & Gunge »

So if my guesses are right, this will have

Your Friend, the Rat
Presto
BURN-E
Partly Cloudy
Dug's Special Mission
Day & Night
Hawaiian Vacation
Small Fry
La Luna

Partysaurus Rex will likely be included and The Legend of Mor’du is possible but I'm intrigued what the other shorts might be. Tokyo Mater was theatrically released, would that be possible to include on this DVD?
Micheal Eisner was counting his money and he got DIZZNEY!
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Philo & Gunge wrote: Partysaurus Rex will likely be included and The Legend of Mor’du is possible but I'm intrigued what the other shorts might be. Tokyo Mater was theatrically released, would that be possible to include on this DVD?
I'd imagine that since it was included on the Mater's Tall Tales blu-ray/DVD, Pixar wouldn't release it on a second compilation.
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

oin the celebration of imagination with this must-own collection, packed with unforgettable animation, fantastic stories, and captivating characters.
Lazy :roll:
ianwahlers
Limited Issue

Post by ianwahlers »

I'm guessing that it'll include:

Your Friend the Rat
Presto
BURN E
Partly Cloudy
Dug's Special Mission
Day & Night
Air Mater
Hawaiian Vacation
Small Fry
La Luna
The Legend of Mor'du
Time Travel Mater
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/ ... ced_/10076

It seems the Toy Story/Cars Toons shorts aren't be included according to the link.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Wow, what a disappointing set. Only 7 shorts for less than 40 dollars (estimated). And the fact that a lot of them are already out on Blu-Ray (And La Luna wil obviously be on the Brave disc too) is more pathetic. I would get it just for the student shorts (which you can probably see online for free), but the price is just insane.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

I would buy it with eyes closed if it included the 3D versions of these shorts..
I'll wait for a price drop
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

price drop, I will wait for.

however, this shouldnt be unexpected. It's already been 5 years since volume 1 and we havent had that many theatrical shorts. at the same price point, Cars Toons had only 35 minutes of the main feature(plus plenty of extras to even it out a little) and TTT is it's own domain for commerce.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Lnds500 wrote:I would buy it with eyes closed if it included the 3D versions of these shorts..
I'll wait for a price drop
I hear ya! And yet.. Me money's burning a whole in me pocket
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

REINIER wrote:I hear ya! And yet.. Me money's burning a whole in me pocket
You'll have so many things to buy by the time this comes out that you'll find the courage to hold back :p
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Lnds500 wrote:
REINIER wrote:I hear ya! And yet.. Me money's burning a whole in me pocket
You'll have so many things to buy by the time this comes out that you'll find the courage to hold back :p
I'll turn to you whenever the craving sets in
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool