Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: Pixar's Coco
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:28 am 
Limited Edition

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Sotiris wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:
I thought for sure This is Me would win. Didn't it win multiple awards?

It only won the Golden Globe, if I recall correctly. Everyone knows the Golden Globes aren't good indicators for where the Oscar will go. The Oscar buzz this season was clearly favoring Remember Me.

I wasn't paying much attention to Best Song so I wasn't aware. I think Let It Go didn't win the Golden Globe either, so that's also a sign. But it did to me anyway that public interest was in This is Me. Everyone was counting down for the performance, plus it had the advantage of being from the makers of La La Land's songs.

I think both songs were the favorites to win. Remember Me had also won only one important award before, the Critics' Choice. I was also a bit surprised, I thought the Academy would opt for "This Is Me".

JeanGreyForever wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:
Just nearly cried tears of joy for this movie!

Glad Anthony got to be on stage, but...

"Hey, sorry you didn't get chose to sing. Say one sentence." Anthony Gonzalez deserved so much better tonight. He should have sung tonight.

I'm not sure how they decided who gets to sing, but maybe he didn't want to. It can be pretty daunting at any age to sing to an audience like that, but especially if you're a kid.

I think the producers of the show wanted Gael García Bernal because he's more famous, but it was clearly a mistake. He isn't a singer, and it's not the same singing for the movie where he can do a lot of takes than doing it live in front of a big audience. Anthony Gonzalez should've sung instead of him.

estefan wrote:
Next year should be interesting. Toy Story 3 aside, the Best Animated Feature Oscar hasn't exactly been receptive to sequels and that's all Disney has this year. I have a feeling Isle of Dogs has an edge. The Grand Budapest Hotel did really well at the Oscars a few years ago and there may be a push to finally give Wes Anderson an Oscar. Directors primarily known for live-action, such as George Miller and Gore Verbinski, have previously won the category.

We don't know yet how good the Disney and Pixar sequels will be, but I also think it's quite likely Isle of Dogs will win next year. It has really good reviews and had a great reception at the Berlin Film Festival, where it won the award for best director. In any case, as you say, the category will be interesting and certainly more competitive than this year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22