Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

I believe all the Wreck-It Ralph characters have been retired, but I'm not certain. I would say, if there is a character you want, and you have the chance to buy it, go for it. Because you could end up regretting it later on. I almost missed out on Captain Hook. The only reason I didn't was because my local Barnes & Noble had a select few of their POPS in the children's section of the bookstore, on a shelf in the very back of the store, tucked away. And he was behind all the others. I was thrilled when I found him, knowing that he's been discontinued and is hard to find nowadays. I keep hoping I'll have a similar stroke of good luck and find an Ursula!
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Just placed my order for Captain Hook; not particularly fan of the character but; as happened with Evil Queen, the figure looks really nice).

Had to use a website for that since you told me it´s discontinued and not even my comic book store was certain to get him (when the first time I talked to them there was no problem).

And, as said before, the rest (Scar, Shere Khan, Kaa, Prince John and Maleficent) are all coming. In case Maleficent doesn´t show up I can still place an order from the same place I got Captain Hook.

So I´ll keep you posted. And here´s hoping they don´t make anymore figures (at least Disney Villains). The only exceptions for me would be: Hades (such a fun and fan favorite can´t believe hasn´t make it), The Horned King (if only) and Madam Mim (another fun and forgotten character).
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

DC Fan wrote:And here´s hoping they don´t make anymore figures (at least Disney Villains).
Speak for yourself. I'm hoping that ALL the major Disney Villains get done in this style.

The Hag
Honest John
Gideon
The Headless Horseman
Lady Tremaine
Lucifer
Anastasia Tremaine
Drizella Tremaine
The Queen of Hearts
Mr. Smee
Si & Am
Dragon Maleficent
Mad Madame Mim
Edgar
The Sheriff of Nottingham
Madame Medusa
The Horned King
Professor Ratigan
Flotsam & Jetsam
Vanessa
'Giant' Ursula
McLeach
Gaston
LeFou
Iago
Cobra Jafar
Genie Jafar
Shenzi
Banzai
Ed
Governor Ratcliffe
Judge Claude Frollo
Hades
Pain
Panic
Shan-Yu
Yzma
Kronk
Dr. Facilier
Mother Gothel
Hans

...Did I miss any? :lol: I know some of these aren't likely, and apparently I'm a masochist toward my wallet, and there are definitely ones I want WAY more than others (Edgar, for example, would be near the BOTTOM of the list), but I do want to see them all done, even if I do wind up just buying the ones I like.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

If that´s this is the only things you collect then good for you.

But I´ve been collecting this over 120 DC Comics lead figures that have me ruined. So, I decided to do the Disney Villains Funko since I´ve always liked the Disney Villains and this seemed like a fun and cheap way to get them.

...oh yes, to my list please add Frollo.

BTW, speaking of prices. One of the aspects that make this Funko line so success is precisely how "inexpensive" they are. So, if Funko sees/knows that when a particular figure that gets discontinued starts selling for huge amounts of money...why not bring that figure back?

1. People wouldn´t have through go to so many efforts to get them.

2. People wouldn´t need to pay that much amount of money.

3. It will bring the business back to Funko since now people will get the figures from them.
Last edited by DC Fan on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Ok, of the villains mentioned above, the ones that I want the most are:
-Dragon Maleficent Super sized 6" POP (like smaug)
-Vanessa
-Gaston (top want)
-Mother Gothel
-Hans.

I just bought a butt load of funko pops from Entertainment Earth. They are having their buy 3 get 1 free sale. It's quite nice. I saved $20. :D
I also just got off the phone with Hot Topic and they reserved a Simba exclusive for me!
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I have a very long list of Disney pops I would like, both villains and non-villains, including variants. Of course, whether I actually would buy them if they were made depends on how they turn out; some characters I would've bought were ugly so I passed while some characters I'm indifferent to turned out very nice so I bought them.

I haven't branched out to non-Disney characters yet; the closest I've come was The Wizard of Oz pops. The things non-Disney I would give into are Sailor Moon, Reboot, Digimon Adventure 01 characters, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, the 4 leads from YuYu Hakusho, the 4 ladies from The Golden Girls, the housewives from Desperate Housewives, and a few characters from other animation companies (like Kiki, Thumbelina, etc.). If they decided to do celebrities, there might be a few I would get. And some of these may never happen, so... Harry Potter is up in the air (and I'm surprised they haven't made them yet)--I would get them if they look similar to the book descriptions, and not like the film actors. Pops of Dumbledore and Umbridge (book descriptions), in particular, would be awesome. I'm not a Pokemon fan by any means, but I would buy a Vaporeon pop if that were ever made. It and Mew were always my favorites as a child.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I´d like to add Sorcerer Mickey to my Disney Villains collections because this version of Mickey is so iconic and I´m thinking he could represent/lead the collection as this true Disney collection I´m making.

Other exceptions I´d make?

Wreck-it- Ralph: like the character and the figure is very nice; but I´d like to get a figure that truly represents the character.
Stitch: Just cause I like him too. However, i have so many plushes of him I don´t think I truly need him.
Dory: My favorite Pixar character.
Bruce: The character itself is ok but much better is to have a shark figure.
Genie: Like the character...but again, I have the Disney Store doll so why would I need other figure?

Outside of Disney:

Alien: Not huge Alien franchise fan but I do like it a lot, think is much better than Predators, like the design and this way I can have an inexpensive figure contrast on buying a real one.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

In terms of Disney, I still REALLY want some Disney Afternoon Pops. I think at least Scrooge is the most practical, but I'd love the Gargoyles and Darkwing Duck cast, as well.
Disney's Divinity

I'd like a few of the DuckTales characters, too, most of which appear in other things--Scrooge, Magica de Spell, Launchpad, Flintheart, and Ms. Beakley, for instance. Also, Ludwig (not in DuckTales, I know).
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

I think Funko should start selling sets.
THey could have a DuckTales set with like 4 or 5 pops.
-Brave.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

taei wrote:Ok, of the villains mentioned above, the ones that I want the most are:
-Dragon Maleficent Super sized 6" POP (like smaug)
-Vanessa
-Gaston (top want)
-Mother Gothel
-Hans.
Yes, I think if they made Dragon Maleficent, Giant Ursula, and the Cobra & Genie versions of Jafar, those would all need to be 6" figures. (I'm honestly disappointed Chernabog wasn't that size, but, I've all ready talked about that earlier in the thread!)
Disney's Divinity wrote:I have a very long list of Disney pops I would like, both villains and non-villains, including variants. Of course, whether I actually would buy them if they were made depends on how they turn out; some characters I would've bought were ugly so I passed while some characters I'm indifferent to turned out very nice so I bought them.
How they turned out would be a big factor, obviously. There are a few, like Frollo and Ratigan, that I'd HAVE to buy regardless of how they came out, though. Just because of the character, you know?
Disney's Divinity wrote:I haven't branched out to non-Disney characters yet; the closest I've come was The Wizard of Oz pops. The things non-Disney I would give into are Sailor Moon, Reboot, Digimon Adventure 01 characters, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, the 4 leads from YuYu Hakusho, the 4 ladies from The Golden Girls, the housewives from Desperate Housewives, and a few characters from other animation companies (like Kiki, Thumbelina, etc.). If they decided to do celebrities, there might be a few I would get. And some of these may never happen, so... Harry Potter is up in the air (and I'm surprised they haven't made them yet)--I would get them if they look similar to the book descriptions, and not like the film actors. Pops of Dumbledore and Umbridge (book descriptions), in particular, would be awesome. I'm not a Pokemon fan by any means, but I would buy a Vaporeon pop if that were ever made. It and Mew were always my favorites as a child.
My first figure was Hannibal Lecter, so, I was all ready outside of the Disney characters from the get-go. There are a few lines that I like and want to collect. Horror Icons: Nosferatu, The Universal Monsters, Jason Voorhees. Characters like that. The Dragon Ball Z line. DC and Marvel characters that I like. (I saw that they're doing a Bizarro Superman and I'm thrilled about that if it turns out well.) I hear that they're also doing Rocky Horror Picture Show, and, being a HUGE RHPS fan, I'm probably going to want those. I'd love them to do Yu Yu Hakusho, though. Loved that anime growing up, and am STILL amazed how in-depth it is in regards to the characters. Unlike DBZ, which, I freely admit is just mindless action, YYH forced you to THINK about the villains and their motivations and made them achingly human. SENSUI, in particular, is one of my favorite antagonists in all of anime. He's an amazingly complex character. I'm honestly very surprised they haven't gotten the Harry Potter license, but, I fear that if they do, it WILL be for the film versions of the characters. It's a billion-dollar franchise. I'd want Neville, but, probably nothing else if that ended up being the case, as Neville was always my favorite character. As for Pokemon, there are just so many possibilities that I think they'd piss people off by selecting one Pokemon over another, you know? Like, obviously, they'd do Pikachu and Meowth and Mewtwo and all the ones that were iconic and important to the anime and games' storylines. But, you'd have people clamoring for their favorites and no one would be happy because, just going by the first generation alone, you've got 151 characters! And that's not even counting Ash, Misty, Brock, Team Rocket, etc. I'd love to see Lapras, and I think Lapras is an iconic enough Pokemon (due to being Ash's means of transportation during the Orange Islands arc at least) to warrant it.
DC Fan wrote:Alien: Not huge Alien franchise fan but I do like it a lot, think is much better than Predators, like the design and this way I can have an inexpensive figure contrast on buying a real one.
You should look into Funko's ReAction figure line. They have ALIEN action figures that are about 4 inches tall and around the same price as POPS. They're not incredibly detailed (and that's the point: THINK of the Irwin Star Wars figures from back in the day), but if you want an inexpensive Alien Xenomorph figure... There you go.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Oh, I love the ReAction line! I'm actually asking for the Firefly characters, Dracula, Ripley, and the Xenomorph for Christmas, if I don't buy any before then. Maybe the Terminator and Sarah Connor, as well.

And it's always great to see more YYH fans! Besides the core 4, I'd love to see Younger Toguro (possibly carrying Elder Toguro as a sword), Sensui, Botan, and of course Genkai. Go for it, Funko. :wink:
Disney's Divinity

As far as YYH villains, younger Toguro would be my pick, definitely. (The Dark Tournament arc in general is my favorite.) I would like to have Hiei in his green form and especially Youko Kurama, too, along with their normal looks.
ProfessorRatigan wrote: Yes, I think if they made Dragon Maleficent, Giant Ursula, and the Cobra & Genie versions of Jafar, those would all need to be 6" figures.
I would love a Cobra Jafar, too. I honestly feel like Cobra Jafar is always forgotten. :( That's easily my favorite design of Jafar, then Genie, then Sultan, then Sorcerer, then Vizier.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Avaitor wrote:Oh, I love the ReAction line! I'm actually asking for the Firefly characters, Dracula, Ripley, and the Xenomorph for Christmas, if I don't buy any before then. Maybe the Terminator and Sarah Connor, as well.

And it's always great to see more YYH fans! Besides the core 4, I'd love to see Younger Toguro (possibly carrying Elder Toguro as a sword), Sensui, Botan, and of course Genkai. Go for it, Funko. :wink:
I really love the Universal Monsters ReAction figures. I haven't gotten any yet, but I have plans to get the Phantom of the Opera, the Mummy, the Invisible Man and the Bride of Frankenstein figures. I know this is venturing into off-topic territory, but, in the 90s, Burger King had a Universal Monsters Kid Meal set of Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolf Man and the Creature from the Black Lagoon. And my grandmother bought me the whole set, and I've still got them on my desk, and I remember being upset as a kid that they didn't include the above the Mummy, the Invisible Man and the Bride in there to 'complete' the set... Well, those Burger King toys are almost the exact same scale and style as the new ReAction figures, and I feel like, nearly 20 years later, my wish for the 'full' set came true! Incidentally, ANOTHER 90s figure that I wanted at the time but that never got made recently came to fruition: Mattel made a new line of figures called DC Multiverse, and they produced a Batman Returns Danny DeVito 'Penguin' figure... (I HAD to buy it. Batman Returns is my all-time favorite Batman adaptation, and DeVito's Penguin is a huge part of the reason why) And all this is making me think, MAN, if only I had a time-machine and could send these things back to my childhood self. I'm sure he'd have been thrilled! lol.

As for YYH, I'd love to see Sensui most of all, obviously, but I love Chu and Touya and a whole host of other characters. Ooh, the Doctor from the Chapter Black Saga... What was his name? Loved that maniac.
Disney's Divinity wrote:As far as YYH villains, younger Toguro would be my pick, definitely. (The Dark Tournament arc in general is my favorite.) I would like to have Hiei in his green form and especially Youko Kurama, too, along with their normal looks.

ProfessorRatigan wrote:
Yes, I think if they made Dragon Maleficent, Giant Ursula, and the Cobra & Genie versions of Jafar, those would all need to be 6" figures.
I would love a Cobra Jafar, too. I honestly feel like Cobra Jafar is always forgotten. :( That's easily my favorite design of Jafar, then Genie, then Sultan, then Sorcerer, then Vizier.
I really liked Dark Tournament, but, for me, Chapter Black just had something...more. Maybe it was the fact that Sensui was the first explicitly gay character who was totally BADASS I can remember as a kid, but, man, did he blow my mind. The whole idea of this Dark Mirror of Yusuke, a guy who was totally just and moral and black-and-white in his outlook having his mind destroyed by the evil of the world... And the complexity of the seven personalities angle. I'm such a sucker for villains with multiple-personalities, lol. Two-Face and Francis Dolarhyde, the killer from Thomas Harris's novel RED DRAGON, were both hugely important characters to me growing up, in regards to feeling sympathy for characters who were agonizingly human, but still monstrous in their actions. It just WORKS for me. I loved the atmosphere of the Chapter Black Saga, too. How ominous it all was. Gah, I could go on and on about this anime. I really love the whole series (there isn't a saga I dislike), but Chapter Black was the one closest to my heart.

As for Jafar, you forgot the Beggar version. :P It's all right, though. The bastard has so many transformations. (Seriously, I think only Madame Mim outdoes him in that regard.)
Disney's Divinity

Oh, yes, Chu, Toya, and Jin would all be nice. I'd throw in Karasu, Bui, and Suzaku, too. :P I have to admit I don't care for Chapter Black very much, although I still enjoy the characters. Sensui is okay, but the whole thing was just a bit too bleak/austere for me, like a religious apocalypse movie. I tend to skip it when I re-watch. >>;
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Chapter Black is my everything from YYH, but the Dark Tournament is no slouch in terms of content. I think that it's the best shonen made, period, although the original Dragon Ball (not so much Z, but I do still enjoy it somewhat, primarily the manga version) is also quite strong.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Ooh, I don't think I ever mentioned it, but, Barnes & Noble DID send me replacements for the Jafar figures and they arrived with no damage. (And better paint jobs, too.) So, yes. Very happy about that. :up:

Does anybody know when the Shere Khan, Kaa, Prince John and Sir Hiss figures are going to start showing up in stores? I'd love for them to arrive before Hot Topic stops doing their Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off sales... If I could catch them during such a sale, I'd probably buy them all in one go.
Disney's Divinity

I wish I could help there, but no idea. I did search on Amazon a few days ago, and they should be released on that website November 7th. I'm not sure if they're immediately put on shelves at the same date or not.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

It seems like the release date on those just keeps getting pushed further and further back... They were supposed to be released in August originally, weren't they? And then, September. Then, October. And now, November. Hopefully they won't get delayed again. After Scar, Hiss and Shere Khan were the two I was most excited about!

Also: it looks like MALEFICENT--that is, Sleeping Beauty Maleficent--is back on Hot Topic's website. I had read she was retired. So, if anyone's been looking for her...
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

it bothers me so much that Funko's releases aren't timed properly. Especially at Hot Topic.

My local hottopic's manager said that she got a phone call from corporate telling her that she's getting the Simba pops at the end of October. So on October 12, she managed to get only 3 and they sold out instantly.
She tells me that they have no idea when they're getting anything at all and it's all just random.

Same thing happened with my pre-order for the Big Hero 6 set.

Entertainment Earth has them slated for November while Amazon states that they're already in stock. With the exception of nurse baymax, which will be released in December. Why?!

And I also absolutely hate variants. I need to vent off about this. *sigh*

SO I really want the chase smaug that is coming out. And I hate that it's going to be a chase because almost every store clerk will keep it and sell it on eBay and they can say that corp has rules against that, but we all know that they can figure out a way to do this. Variants and Chase editions were meant to be a fun way for collectors to own an entire collection. Now it's turned into a "how high can the price get" situation.

There are already 3-4 smaug chase editions on eBay, how do you think they're on there? Obviously a store employee is gonna keep them and sell them.
-Brave.