Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Barnes and Noble is the only place I have ever seen the Disney Series figures. But I hear certain Walgreens have packs containing 'mini' figures. Amazon.com and eBay would be your best bet.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Yeah, Barnes & Noble and Books-a-Million should have them, if you have one in your area. Also look for any comic book or novelty shops, as they might have some as well. I've got most of mine from B&N and my local comic book shop.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Thanks for the advice! :lol:

Their price is pretty good up at Ebay and Amazon. :lol:
Last edited by thedisneyspirit on Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I've read they have mini's of Ariel and Ursula at Walgreen's, but there isn't one near me. I'd have to look it up, because I've never been to one.

Unfortunately, they aren't on Amazon, because I'd definitely buy them. On another (sad) note, I really wish they'd do Eric and Triton, but they're clearly not priority so it could be a long time. A lot of the other characters I'd like to see probably aren't priority either (TP&TF characters, Pocahontas, Hercules characters, Merlin, Yzma, etc.)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I've read they have mini's of Ariel and Ursula at Walgreen's, but there isn't one near me. I'd have to look it up, because I've never been to one.
NO WALGREENS? How is that possible? :p
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

ProfessorRatigan wrote:http://fuckyeahfunkopop.tumblr.com/image/63599112799

Wreck-It Ralph's TURBO! The release date is October 31, from what I gather. I'm not sure if he's a Disney Store Exclusive or if he'll be available where ever Pops are sold.

And as long as we're talking wish lists: I really want to see Frollo. He's my favorite character and I think he'd look terrific in the Funko design style. (I picture him in his hat, with GLARING, angry half-circle eyes, his distinctive nose on the figure (but no mouth!) and holding a lit torch in his left hand. (The one he uses to light Esmeralda's pyre with during the film.) That's my dream figure.

I also want to see Gaston, though I'm not sure what he should look like... Either holding his bow and arrow (as in the scene where he shoots the Beast) or holding the Magic Mirror. Also with angry eyes. It seems every piece of Gaston merchandise has him smiling and flexing one muscle, doesn't it? I want more of his menacing side to come through.

Hades is another I want to see done, but his design doesn't really lend itself to the Funko Style. He's too pin-headed, really. I'm afraid if they did Hades, he'd look fat and weird.

I want to see Timothy Mouse from Dumbo, Quasimodo, Clopin (who, again, I think would look GREAT in this style), Honest John, The Horned King, Professor Ratigan, Basil of Baker Street, Scar and Dr. Facilier. That pretty much rounds out my wish list.
Turbo and the rerelease of the rest of the Wreck-It Ralph Pops will everywhere Pops are sold. Disney Store does not sell them anymore.

Also coming soon for Disney is four characters from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Bambi, Cogsworth, Lumiere and Miss Potts. Also Epic Mickey and Oswald should be showing up any day now. Plus Hot Topic will have three based off of the Hipster Princesses Meme. First one is out now and is Ariel. The other two are Belle and Jasmine. There will also be ones based off of the live action Maleficent movie next year. :)
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Do you have a link? I can't find any evidence of these characters while going on Google.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Roger Rabbit
http://popvinyls.com/2013/05/27/two-spe ... uncements/

Epic Mickey and Oswald
http://popvinyls.com/2013/09/23/epic-mickey-glam-shots/

Hipster Princesses
http://popvinyls.com/2013/10/10/hipster ... hot-topic/

Maleficent Live action movie
http://popvinyls.com/2013/07/24/whats-i ... ys-reveal/

Remy was released as a Mini at D23 Expo
http://popvinyls.com/2013/08/08/d23-upd ... -revealed/

Bambi design was seen by someone who went on a Funko tour and Cogsworth, Lumiere and Potts was announced at the Funko Fundays event. Robin Hood was also announced there.

Any other questions just ask. I probably know the answer. I am the Editor-in-Chief for Popvinyls.com. :)
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

I've become addicted to these figures. At first I just wanted to get the villainesses but couldn't find them anywhere. The first Pop figure I bought was the Wicked Witch of the West with gift card I got for Books-a-Million. Then I was at BAM a little while later and saw Maleficent and the Evil Queen and got so excited. I was looking for those bitches everywhere. The woman who checked me out commented on how cute they were.

I really wanted Ursula and Jafar so I called up the Barnes and Nobles closest to me and they said they had them in stock. When I got there they didn't have any and I asked an employee saying I was told they were in stock when I called. He said the person must have lied because they didn't have them. I retreated to the bathroom where I cried for nearly an hour and then ripped a sink out of the wall. I decided my trip wouldn't be for nothing so I bought Alice, Mary Poppins, Jasmine, Belle, Beast and Ariel.

I ended up getting Snow and Cindy at BAM so now I guess I'm collecting the princesses to. I have also picked up Dorothy, Michael Meyers, Leatherface, Freddy and Jason. But I will not rest until I have Ursula and Jafar.

The hipster princesses are adorable and I'm so excited to hear about the Universal monsters. Mrs. Potts, Cogsworth, Lumiere and Robin Hood are all very exciting as well. Other Disney characters I'd love to see are: ALADDIN!!!! Pocahontas, Megara, Hades, Hercules, Quasimodo, Clopin, Esmeralda, Frollo, Merlin, Mad Madam Mim, Lady Tremaine, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather, Madame Medusa, Dr. Facilier, Tiana, Charlotte, Yzma, Tarzan, Rapunzel, Mother Gothel, the Queen of Hearts and Gaston.

And the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus. Can you imagine how cute a little Mary figure with a vacuum would be.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

How much do any of these cost? :D
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

@thedisneyspirit:

I don't know how much they retail for at Hot Topic or Books-a-Million, but I know at my nearest Barnes and Noble stores, they're $8.95 plus tax. I think they're 10.95 or so on B&N's website.

@Jay:

I honestly haven't gotten a chance to get any of these figures yet. I was waiting for Jafar to be released and he was going to be my first. The only place that carries the Disney Series near me is B&N and it's about an hour drive from where I live. I went there the other day to see if they had Jafar. They didn't. But they did have every other character from Disney Series 5. Every one. Except the one I want most.

I guess I'm going to have to wait until the stores around here order more stock or just buy it online. (But I'm actually worried about ordering online because I've noticed that these figures often have paint defects. When you're looking at them in the store, you can see them and put them down, but if you buy online... You know? I was going to buy Ursula for a friend of mine, but the figure they had in the store had a lot of defects in the paint-job, especially around the eyes.)
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

SpaceAce wrote: Hipster Princesses
http://popvinyls.com/2013/10/10/hipster ... hot-topic/
Well this I've known about for a while. I've seen Hipster Ariel at my Hot Topic for the past couple of months.

But thanks! I'm super excited to get Roger (and maybe?) Baby Herman. Although if you have connections to Funko, I'm still curious as to why Simba hasn't been considered yet.
Disney's Divinity

I'll probably get Hipster Ariel because it's, you know, Ariel, but those are pretty stupid. I'm glad they're making Cogsworth/Lumiere/Mrs. Potts. I thought I had seen a picture of Cogsworth in progress somewhere before and it looked really nice (slightly smaller than the regular funkos)--but maybe I'm imagining it. I hope Bambi turns out as cute as Dumbo did. I think they've had a real hard time trying to make the animal characters look right (which is the only reason TLK hasn't been released yet, I'm guessing), but if Dumbo is any indication, they seem to be working it out now; although I think Baloo and Louie are ugly. If only Cheshire Cat had come out later, maybe they could've done better with him, because he's hideous. That's probably the only character I would've wanted that turned out looking bad so far. :( I have no interest in Robin Hood, but it's encouraging to see them branch out into less popular Disney characters (so I can have hope for Hercules/Yzma/Sword in the Stone, etc.).

@Prof.Ratigan: I've noticed the paint issues, but I still order online. I think the only time I've been disappointed was when I got Donald and his feet were deformed so he wouldn't stand properly. I prefer to look at things before I buy, but I take the risk if I can't drive out somewhere.

@Jay: Yeah, I got Ursula (and Ariel) immediately a long time ago via B&N's website. I've thought about branching out beyond Disney animated characters because the Wicked Witch of the West, Dorothy, and Mary Poppins all look so nice, but that would probably be too much money for me to spend on these things. Now, if they start releasing some anime characters I like (Sailor Moon, YuYu Hakusho, etc.), I'll probably change my mind on that.

List of my Disney Pops: Ariel, Ursula, Beast, Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, Jafar, Dumbo, Evil Queen, Maleficent, Snow White, Pinocchio, Steamboat Mickey, Donald Duck, Cruella de Vil, Winnie the Pooh, Alice, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, and Tinker Bell.

Of the ones already out, I still need to get Chernabog, Sorcerer Mickey, Regular Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy sometime. I might get Genie much later, since I already have Jasmine and Jafar. It's funny, I've actually bought some characters I don't care for just because they look so cute (which explains the Peter Pan characters. :P )
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

It's funny, I've actually bought some characters I don't care for just because they look so cute (which explains the Peter Pan characters. :P )
I feel the same way. I don't even LIKE Captain Hook, but I find I want his Funko figure more than I want Ursula's or any of the other villainesses simply because I find the design so appealing. I really want to get Dumbo for the same reason. Outside of Disney, I also really love Funko's Hannibal Lecter figure, Darkseid, Harley Quinn, Two-Face, Dr. Doom, The Wicked Witch, Shredder from TMNT and Knuckles from Sonic the Hedgehog. I really hope Funko continues with their Power Rangers line, because I'd LOVE to see Rita Repulsa.

I hear that Funko has confirmed a Dragon Ball Z line for the spring. If that's the case, I hope to see Vegeta. (I really want it to be Saiyan Saga Vegeta w/ scouter & tail.) I use to have such a crush on Vegeta when I was a kid. :D
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

My Funko collection isn't too big yet:

Snow White
Jack Skellington
Knuckles
Daenerys Targaryen
Silver Surfer

I had Maleficent, but she fell while we were painting my room, and my dog got to her. :cry: I'm hoping to replace her soon enough. I'm also hoping to get plenty more Disney figures, as well as more Marvel, Game of Thrones, and various movie characters (the Pulp Fiction cast has been on my eye for a while, as have Jay and Silent Bob).

Personally, outside of Disney, I really want How I Met Your Mother, Buffy/Angel and Looney Tunes figures. Oh, and Iron Maiden's Eddie. Any variant of him, although I have a feeling that if Funko would use any, they'd go with Eddie from the Killers or Somewhere in Time albums.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

@ thedisneyspirit Books a Millions sells them for $9.99, Barnes and Nobel for $8.95, Walgreens $7.99 and Hot Topic $12.50

@ Aviator I don't have any connections at Funko. Someone asked them on Facebook about Lion King and they said they are considering it. Also Looney Tunes have been confirmed.

@ ProfessorRatigan Yes Dragonball Z was confirmed this weekend. So was Sons of Anarchy and Supernatural.

I would list my collection, but I have to many. :lol:
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

SpaceAce wrote: Also Looney Tunes have been confirmed.
:D

I don't even have to look up to guess that Daffy's going to be in the first set. But if he isn't, I'll be prettyyyy annoyed.
Disney's Divinity

SpaceAce, I'm not sure if you would know, but I'm not sure who else I could possibly ask who would know: is it true Walgreen's has minis of Ariel and Ursula? I'm not sure if I believe that or not, but I planned on visiting Walgreen's to see if they have them where I am next time I'm out that way (yes, I looked it up. :P ). I love the minis of Maleficent and the Queen that I got by accident a while ago, so I'd love to have minis of these two.

Btw, I only just found out about Hipster Ariel this morning, but now I have her. :lol: My sister was coming to visit and I asked her to stop by Hot Topics on the way. :D
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Disney's Divinity wrote:SpaceAce, I'm not sure if you would know, but I'm not sure who else I could possibly ask who would know: is it true Walgreen's has minis of Ariel and Ursula? I'm not sure if I believe that or not, but I planned on visiting Walgreen's to see if they have them where I am next time I'm out that way (yes, I looked it up. :P ). I love the minis of Maleficent and the Queen that I got by accident a while ago, so I'd love to have minis of these two.

Btw, I only just found out about Hipster Ariel this morning, but now I have her. :lol: My sister was coming to visit and I asked her to stop by Hot Topics on the way. :D
Yes, Walgreens has a Mini two pack Ariel and Ursula. They should be showing up in other places soon. Walgreens was just the first to get them.

http://popvinyls.com/2013/10/02/your-fi ... lam-shots/

Also Aurora will be released as Mini Pop in a two pack with Mini Maleficent.

http://popvinyls.com/2013/09/24/new-dis ... walgreens/

also a regular size Ariel and Ursula two pack was released at San Diego Comic Con. The difference from the regular release is they have a Metallic paint job. The set can be bought from Amazon. :)
Disney's Divinity

Thank you, SpaceAce! :) I had doubted it was true, just because some were saying there was also a pack of Aurora + Maleficent and I knew Aurora hadn't been released as part of the regular series yet, so I was questioning it.

Aurora actually looks cute. They probably went with pink so she doesn't get mixed up with Cinderella too easy. I'm glad they're doing all the princess/villainous packs, because I'd like to get all of those. I originally planned just to get the villains and princesses to begin with, but I couldn't help myself, tbh.

I didn't know they had the metallic versions on Amazon; I'd seen them and wanted to have those two, but I figured they'd be hard to find except through ebay or places like that. Thanks for letting me know! Just ordered it. :D

I may get all of the Wreck-It Ralph series if I have the chance... :up: