Shame on Pixar!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Shame on Pixar!

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Polizzi
Special Edition

Post by Polizzi »

Either Pixar is trying to conserve money or just gone greedy.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

This has been happening for years and it's not like it's supposed to be secret. People in the animation industry are very well aware of these practices. Why is it just now coming to a lawsuit?
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

Yikes! They'll be lucky if a class action lawsuit is all they face and the Department of Justice doesn't prosecute them for antitrust law violations.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

If they lost the case, does that mean it's the end of Pixar for good? :(
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

TsWade2 wrote:If they lost the case, does that mean it's the end of Pixar for good? :(
lol no need to be a drama queen, at wost some no name higher up will be asked to resign or something. Chances are they'll just get fined or something though. And when your as successful as Pixar it really wouldn't put much of a dent on them at al I'd imagine.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

Kyle wrote:
TsWade2 wrote:If they lost the case, does that mean it's the end of Pixar for good? :(
lol no need to be a drama queen, at wost some no name higher up will be asked to resign or something. Chances are they'll just get fined or something though. And when your as successful as Pixar it really wouldn't put much of a dent on them at al I'd imagine.
That's drama king to you. But thank you for clearing that up. :D
Last edited by TsWade2 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Really, this is hard to comprehend. Could someone explain it in a nutshell?
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

DisneyJedi wrote:Really, this is hard to comprehend. Could someone explain it in a nutshell?
Pixar and other companies made pacts to not hire anyone from another company to keep their employee's salaries low.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

And my illusion of a perfect, employee-friendly, animators' paradise is shattered...thanks, Pixar.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:And my illusion of a perfect, employee-friendly, animators' paradise is shattered...thanks, Pixar.
I'm sure this is the same feeling that many Pixar employees are having at this moment as well.

All in all, does this really surprise anyone? As if Pixar would have been immune to greed? Any and every company/government/money making thing does something like this at one point or another.

IMO Pixar has been falling from grace ever since they announced Cars 2 was happening. That was enough of a clue that they were beginning to favor money over art. Why else would they have chosen one of their worst performing films, but sells a lot in merchandise to make a sequel to? They weren't fooling anyone with that decision.

Nothing lasts forever.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

TheSequelOfDisney wrote:
DisneyJedi wrote:Really, this is hard to comprehend. Could someone explain it in a nutshell?
Pixar and other companies made pacts to not hire anyone from another company to keep their employee's salaries low.
Well, that sounds pretty unfair! :x
Dream Huntress
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Dream Huntress »

singerguy04 wrote:
Dr Frankenollie wrote:And my illusion of a perfect, employee-friendly, animators' paradise is shattered...thanks, Pixar.
I'm sure this is the same feeling that many Pixar employees are having at this moment as well.

All in all, does this really surprise anyone? As if Pixar would have been immune to greed? Any and every company/government/money making thing does something like this at one point or another.

IMO Pixar has been falling from grace ever since they announced Cars 2 was happening. That was enough of a clue that they were beginning to favor money over art. Why else would they have chosen one of their worst performing films, but sells a lot in merchandise to make a sequel to? They weren't fooling anyone with that decision.

Nothing lasts forever.
This really isn't recent, it's something that has been brewing through the years, Pixar has always been fishy when it comes to hiring practices.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

singerguy04 wrote:
Highly doubt it. As I said, people in the animation industry have been well aware of this practice for years. I'm sure every one of Pixar's employees knows what's going on.

And the perfect, employee-friendly, animators' paradise is, at the moment, Dreamworks. At least according to several people both inside and out. And the fact they continually get extremely high rankings on the Forbes "100 Best Companies to Work For" list. I mean sure, Pixar has free cereal... But apprently Dreamworks feeds their artists every meal of the day. Now THAT's paradise. As much as I would like Disney to hold that title.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Why?
Just why?

I am crushed - Utterly crushed :cry:

I've heard about Dreamworks having a more laid back working environment than Pixar but this grubbiness just breaks my heart :(
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

singerguy04 wrote:IMO Pixar has been falling from grace ever since they announced Cars 2 was happening. That was enough of a clue that they were beginning to favor money over art. Why else would they have chosen one of their worst performing films, but sells a lot in merchandise to make a sequel to? They weren't fooling anyone with that decision.
True. And though it did sell tons of merchandise, I take some solace in the fact that Cars 2 sold less tickets than Mermaid, Beauty, Aladdin, Lion King, Pocahontas, Hunchback, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Dinosaur, Lilo, Tangled and every previous Pixar film.

So it's good to see moviegoers saw right through this money grubbing pile of crap.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

This message goes to Pixar.

Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

SWillie! wrote:And the perfect, employee-friendly, animators' paradise is, at the moment, Dreamworks.
Yep.

I'm not sure why so many get the impression that Pixar is the company to work for.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

It all started with the scooters. Add to that the odd ball things like the paper airplane competition, the love lounge, the crazy stuff they do in the name of research it all adds up.
Last edited by Kyle on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.