Digital Copies now serve a purpose with iCloud.

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Kyle wrote:No matter what format you never truly own a movie, just given permission to watch it. Its still their rules in terms of how you watch it. When a new version is released I'd assume they expect you to fork over the cash for another copy.
No, we actually own the things the movie is on. We own the movie they're way, but we still own it. Don't try to legitimize giving up our right to own things, one of the rights women had to fight to earn!
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Kyle wrote:It's a ridiculous idea anyway. Your going to pay Walmart for to rip a dvd when you could do the same thing for free?
It's used to stream the films you've uploaded directly to your VUDU-enabled devices, which could be very handy if it's true that it's "forever" as they claim. Most of the general public doesn't even know how to rip a DVD let alone upload it to a cloud device they can access from anywhere on multiple devices. You also have the option to upgrade your DVD to a virtual HD copy without having to buy a whole new disc.
RyGuy wrote:As for why Disney isn't participating in Wal-Mart's new venture, I assume it's because they don't want to cannibalize their market for this service:

http://disneymoviesonline.go.com/home
My thoughts exactly.
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

One thing about these digital copies in iCloud is the fact that not all of my past digital copy movies show up there. I wonder if this is something that will be different in the future or if they'll always just have a pre-determined amount that will be available.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

enigmawing wrote:Most of the general public doesn't even know how to rip a DVD let alone upload it to a cloud device they can access from anywhere on multiple devices.
Which brings us to the bigger question of everything in life... why is the general public so incredibly stupid and uneducated about everything?
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

SWillie! wrote:
enigmawing wrote:Most of the general public doesn't even know how to rip a DVD let alone upload it to a cloud device they can access from anywhere on multiple devices.
Which brings us to the bigger question of everything in life... why is the general public so incredibly stupid and uneducated about everything?
There's no natural selection in modern society. :p