Random Question

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Random Question

Post by Avaitor »

Hey guys, when you think about the Disney empire, the entire legacy Walter Elias D and his crew have left behind, is there one word that comes to mind that you think captures the essence of the studio perfectly?

Think of all the years you've spent loving the characters, parks, and memories you've had involving all things Disney. What Mickey, and all of his friends still make you think to yourself. Something you can relate to the first time you saw Snow White, The Little Mermaid, Mary Poppins, or whichever films of theirs changed your life the most.

I'm curious to see your replies to this question, and I'll try to think of one or more myself.
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Escapism! :D
Pokeholic_Prince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pokeholic_Prince »

Mine is kinda corny.

MAGIC
AlasmineLover:)

Post by AlasmineLover:) »

Breathtaking.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Mine is kind of corny too, but I always think of the word Love.

For Walt, the entire company was a labor of love. Whether it be his passion for storytelling or the reason why he even started the theme park business (coming up with a way to spend time-off with his daughters). We've all fallen in love with this company and it's characters, and that's because of all the love and dedication that the people who have worked there over the years had put into the company.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Random Question

Post by Disney Duster »

Avaitor wrote:captures the essence of the studio perfectly?.
UM WTF I thought no one here believed in a Disney essence oh but now you do f-ing hypocrites.

Anyway my word is: magical
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Disney Duster wrote:
UM WTF I thought no one here believed in a Disney essence oh but now you do f-ing hypocrites.l
Avaitor is pointing out that there's a different "essence" to everyone, a different aspect that fans interpret from what they see in and enjoy about Disney. He just wants to get everyone's opinion of what we personally see and love about Disney so much.

Your claim is that there is a specific "essence" that Disney must follow in order to remain "Disney," and you don't seem to accept anyone else's opinion of what is or isn't that "essence." Not the same thing as what Avaitor is asking about, and no reason to get so upset about it. :)
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

Disney Duster wrote:
UM WTF I thought no one here believed in a Disney essence oh but now you do f-ing hypocrites.
I didn't necessarily mean what you believe to be the "Disney essence". But hey, this isn't the thread for that.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

Childhood. It's for both the young and the young at heart.

Duster, calm down; this isn't about your Disney Essence.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

When someone asks what is the essence of Disney, don't give me that it isn't at least related to what I was talking about. Hippo. Crates.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

It's not hypocritical in the slightest, it's asking everyone what their own personal interpretation of a Disney essence is, as enigmawing said. Let's not be hostile and drag another "Disney essence" debate into a thread.

I would agree with each word that everyone else has used up to this point but the one I would use for myself is nostalgia; I grew up watching the classic Disney films and visiting the Disney theme parks so experiencing them now years later still takes me back to my childhood.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Here we go again.