The Little Mermaid: Diamond Edition - Fall 2013

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

At least Ariel has always had quite a wide variety of posters/VHS/DVD cover art. She doesn't get stuck with the same scene again and again (BATB for example).

I have high hopes for the print campaign...and I fully expect those hopes to be dashed, as Disney's current track record for their Diamonds is appalling.
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Im hoping that the cover art looks something like the 1990 VHS.

That's the cover I remember from my childhood and being from from Denmark I like that Ariel is sitting on a stone, like the real The Little Mermaid

I also really like the artistic adult poster the did for the original release

Last edited by 271286 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

Ah, I can't see your pictures.... :cry:
Animaluco90's

Post by Animaluco90's »

Does anyone know if there's a trailer for this in Cinderella's Blu-Ray? The fall diamond release trailer usually shows up in this point of the year, like iti happened with TLK and Cinderella.
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Animaluco90's wrote:Does anyone know if there's a trailer for this in Cinderella's Blu-Ray? The fall diamond release trailer usually shows up in this point of the year, like iti happened with TLK and Cinderella.
Likely, but how should we know since it hasn't been released?
Animaluco90's

Post by Animaluco90's »

Hmm... Doesn't Disney show lists with trailer attached to the releases? (just like she does with the bonus features)?

BTW, last year Cinderella's trailer showed up in the end of august and The Lion King's showed up in the end of july. So I presume their trailer was attached to a release before the respective october releases in those years.

I just can't wait to see that trailer! LOL

:D
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Animaluco90's wrote:Hmm... Doesn't Disney show lists with trailer attached to the releases? (just like she does with the bonus features)?

BTW, last year Cinderella's trailer showed up in the end of august and The Lion King's showed up in the end of july. So I presume their trailer was attached to a release before the respective october releases in those years.

Hmm I'm not sure actually, but I think it might just be trailers that are part of the bonus features...

I don't think we'll se a trailer before the reviewers copies are out...
Animaluco90's

Post by Animaluco90's »

The Lion King trailer was attached to James and the Giant Peach's Blu-Ray back in August 2010... I still hope we see it in the next weeks ^^ Does anyone have a guess of an august/september release to contain this trailer?
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under is coming out on August 21. It would be fitting since The latter one came out just before The Little Mermaid...
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

271286 wrote:The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under is coming out on August 21. It would be fitting since The latter one came out just before The Little Mermaid...
You mean just after. Even then, theatrical release order never really indicates whether or not the next DAC to come out on home video will be.
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Avaitor wrote:
271286 wrote:The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under is coming out on August 21. It would be fitting since The latter one came out just before The Little Mermaid...
You mean just after. Even then, theatrical release order never really indicates whether or not the next DAC to come out on home video will be.
No, but it is released in late August so the timing would be good.
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lorddh »

Animaluco90's wrote:Hmm... Doesn't Disney show lists with trailer attached to the releases? (just like she does with the bonus features)?

I'm hoping they'll release the trailer ... I'm dying to see it... Along with Aladdin. I hope they don't pull a Fantasia .
Last edited by Lorddh on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I think the trailer for Mermaid's Platinum release was the last 'good' trailer out of all of them....they sort of trailed off after that. The Diamond's have been pretty cack too.

I hope they have a feature on the realisation of the dark ride ... would be nice for it to follow on from the 'ride that could have been' on the Platinum, to 'the ride that now is' on the Diamond!
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

*Deleted*
Last edited by universALLove on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lorddh »

I doubt they'll release it on the August releases.
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

COVER ART

Post by Lorddh »

That would be the perfect cover for the Diamond release!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I doubt they'd use it for the main cover, since they usually go for something more colorful and that appeals to children. It'd be great if they used it for the steelbook though.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

dont really see the point there for the black and white, but I can see the full color version being a steelbook or trilogy set cover.
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lorddh »

ajmrowland wrote:dont really see the point there for the black and white, but I can see the full color version being a steelbook or trilogy set cover.
I'm talking about the design in general, I don't want it blac as a cover either. Would look beautiful with colors!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

No need for the black and white, but using the teaser poster would be just wonderful.

Given the fact that we now have a beautiful and simple Peter Pan cover, this gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, we could get something more like this!