The Little Mermaid: Diamond Edition - Fall 2013

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
rodis
Special Edition

Post by rodis »

Weren't we supposed to see the trailer for the DE by now? I'm afraid they'll screw this up and push it back.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

The release is over a year away though ...... there is still time.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

rodis wrote:Weren't we supposed to see the trailer for the DE by now? I'm afraid they'll screw this up and push it back.
I am sure after Peter Pan is released they will promote the poop out of it lol. :D
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I'm sure the poop will indeed be promoted out of it :lol:

It's a Princess film, and a Classic ..... but also, it has the rare quality of being a non-Disney fan film as well. Bordering on being a cult movie perhaps?
rodis
Special Edition

Post by rodis »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote: It has the rare quality of being a non-Disney fan film as well. Bordering on being a cult movie perhaps?
I agree.
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

I'm excited to see how TLM will be promoted. They've promoted the heck out pf past Diamond Editions, including Cinderella (I see commercials ten times a day!), so I'm sure TLM will be promoted heavily, especially its theatrical re-release.
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote: Bordering on being a cult movie perhaps?
To be honest I've seen alot of hate towards TLM lately, it's sad. Alot of fans think that Ariel is a bad role model and selfish blah blah.
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lorddh »

thelittleursula wrote:
To be honest I've seen alot of hate towards TLM lately, it's sad. Alot of fans think that Ariel is a bad role model and selfish blah blah.
Then clearly they're not fans... and who cares what they think? Doesn't stop being my fav movie.
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

It's a shame the diamond line went to hell. I was hoping for a mermaid retrospect.
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Lorddh wrote:
thelittleursula wrote: To be honest I've seen alot of hate towards TLM lately, it's sad. Alot of fans think that Ariel is a bad role model and selfish blah blah.
Then clearly they're not fans... and who cares what they think? Doesn't stop being my fav movie.
I totally agree ! I love the TLM ! Haters gonna hate ! :)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

thelittleursula wrote:
Beg pardon ? Where have you heard this ..... ??
merbass
Gold Classic Collection

Post by merbass »

I wish to see

- Great stand alone BD , DVD packaging
- Box set for BD and DVD
- Collectible steel book
- New OST with new songs
- More merchandise
- More artworks / posters etc.
- DVD or BD of The Little Mermaid animated series
- The Little Match Girl included in the release

I will buy all of them !
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

merbass wrote:I wish to see

- Box set for BD and DVD
- Collectible steel book
- New OST with new songs
- More merchandise

I will buy all of them !
I hate to say this, but please don't set yourself up for disappointment; most of those just pain won't happen. We will have the DVD features (probably with some being dropped) and maybe a few new features like an extra deleted scene or song, and a focus doc on something random.

Actually, the ride will probably get a documentary ! Forgot about that. They scrap the DVD ride that never was, and have a lengthy feature on the two new rides. Even if they merged the Disney Parks blog videos it would be a decent feature.

Though having said all this, the Peter Pan US cover was a complete surprise after the disappointment of Europe.
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:
thelittleursula wrote: To be honest I've seen alot of hate towards TLM lately, it's sad. Alot of fans think that Ariel is a bad role model and selfish blah blah.
Beg pardon ? Where have you heard this ..... ??
Alot of people online are like this and the Nostalgia Chick would be a good example.

Watch her review on TLM and be ready to facepalm.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Well I haven't really seen any vast amount of criticism for the film; I know it has its flaws, I'm not blind to them. If Ariel gets a bashing, lord knows what the older Princesses do.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Also, have you guys seen the 'Ariel's World' collection toys ? They have a playset featuring Ariel and her sisters! Though it isnt the same set as the one a few years back, 'Ariel and her Sisters'.
Topher
Limited Issue

Post by Topher »

thelittleursula wrote: Alot of fans think that Ariel is a bad role model and selfish blah blah.
I heard that Ariel isn't dolphin safe! :wink:
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Christopher_TCUIH wrote:It's a shame the diamond line went to hell. I was hoping for a mermaid retrospect.
We can always wait till Disney Marketing has a brainwave and reboots the Diamond Editions as the ...

GRAPHITE EDITIONS! :D

You know, since both diamond and graphite are isotopes of carbon ... an' all that stuff.
merbass
Gold Classic Collection

Post by merbass »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Also, have you guys seen the 'Ariel's World' collection toys ? They have a playset featuring Ariel and her sisters! Though it isnt the same set as the one a few years back, 'Ariel and her Sisters'.
Do you have pictures of it ?
merbass
Gold Classic Collection

Post by merbass »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:
merbass wrote:I wish to see

- Box set for BD and DVD
- Collectible steel book
- New OST with new songs
- More merchandise

I will buy all of them !
I hate to say this, but please don't set yourself up for disappointment; most of those just pain won't happen. We will have the DVD features (probably with some being dropped) and maybe a few new features like an extra deleted scene or song, and a focus doc on something random.

Actually, the ride will probably get a documentary ! Forgot about that. They scrap the DVD ride that never was, and have a lengthy feature on the two new rides. Even if they merged the Disney Parks blog videos it would be a decent feature.

Though having said all this, the Peter Pan US cover was a complete surprise after the disappointment of Europe.

That's why I said I wish. Anyway at least the artwork will be new. For the Platinum DVD collection, I bought different editions just to put in my collection. I'm really looking forward the the animated series being officially released, but I feel that will not happen !