Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer Parting Ways

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer Parting Ways

Post by NeoSuperBlissey »

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/disney-jer ... 28739.html

Disney has decided not to renew its first look deal with Jerry Bruckheimer, effective when the current deal expires next year. While Bruckheimer will continue to develop a fifth "Pirates of the Carribbean" film and a third "National Treasure" film with Disney, Bruckheimer will now be allowed to shop new projects to whichever studio will have him.

But, after "Lone Ranger" bombed, who'll have him? Comments?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer Parting Ways

Post by disneyboy20022 »

So I wonder if there will be a 6th Pirates or if the 5th one is it. Also it's nice to hear something about National Treasure 3 finally.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disneyphile
Special Edition

Post by Disneyphile »

Who'll have him? After one misfire, really?
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeoSuperBlissey »

I only meant to have that statement ask which studio will choose to sign a deal with him? Granted, the reason that "Lone Ranger" bombed may have been that very few people in this day and age are familiar with the character.
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

Disneyphile wrote:Who'll have him? After one misfire, really?
Three misfires. Remember Prince of Persia and Sorcerer's Apprentice?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Jerry Bruckheimer And Disney Breaking Up, But It’s Not The Lone Ranger’s Fault
http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/09/19/je ... ers-fault/
One of the longest running and most successful partnerships in Hollywood is coming to an end. Disney has announced via email that the studio will not be renewing its first-look deal with Jerry Bruckhemier after it ends in 2014.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Bruckheimer told them that the decision has nothing to do with The Lone Ranger, which lost Disney between $160 million to $190 million.

The reason for the break up is being blamed instead on Bruckheimer’s desire to do other types of movies that don’t really fit in the Disney mold.

Bruckheimer and Disney will continue to work on a fifth Pirates of the Caribbean movie and third National Treasure movie. However, Pirates of the Caribbean 5 was recently pushed back from its planned summer 2015 release date because of script issues.

“Jerry is one of the most respected and prolific producers working in the motion picture industry, and we have had an incredibly successful collaboration over the past two decades and he is a friend to many of us here at Disney,” said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. “We will continue to work together in the future, and we look forward to seeing more of the films that have made Jerry Bruckheimer a Hollywood legend.”

“I am very appreciative of the wonderful collaboration and support I have had at The Walt Disney Company for over twenty years and the twenty-seven movies we have made together. The good news is we will continue working together on Pirates of the Caribbean, National Treasure and other projects we have developed together at the studio,” said Jerry Bruckheimer. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to work with these amazing people at The Walt Disney Studios, many of whom have become my good friends. As we continue to make adventure films, we look forward to returning to films like Black Hawk Down, Enemy of the State, Beverly Hills Cop, and The Rock.”
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

his films are pretty bad anyway :lol:
Disneyphile
Special Edition

Post by Disneyphile »

FigmentJedi wrote:
Disneyphile wrote:Who'll have him? After one misfire, really?
Three misfires. Remember Prince of Persia and Sorcerer's Apprentice?
I'm sorry, you're right. After four Pirates, two National Treasures, two Bad Boys, two Beverly Hills Cops, Pearl Harbor, Black Hawk Down, Gone in 60 Seconds, Coyote Ugly, Remember the Titans, Armageddon, Con Air, The Rock, Crimson Tide, Top Gun and Flashdance, he should be treated like a frickin' leper now.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Disneyphile wrote:
FigmentJedi wrote: Three misfires. Remember Prince of Persia and Sorcerer's Apprentice?
I'm sorry, you're right. After four Pirates, two National Treasures, two Bad Boys, two Beverly Hills Cops, Pearl Harbor, Black Hawk Down, Gone in 60 Seconds, Coyote Ugly, Remember the Titans, Armageddon, Con Air, The Rock, Crimson Tide, Top Gun and Flashdance, he should be treated like a frickin' leper now.
A sad truth about Hollywood is it is very much a "What have you done for me lately?" kind of town. That said, I think he'll be fine.

Also, while I'm a huge fan of both the Pirates and National Treasure franchise, I do hope the upcoming films for both are THE end. For stories sake, I'd like to finally see a clear ending to both stories instead of risk either ending on a cliffhanger.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney