If you could change anything in a Disney Movie

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Again, a very "impressive" (manipulative) collection of bullshit.

AND AGAIN: it's completely dismissing the most important argument I've made here. That being that this thread was about movies and people discussing them. You and Goliath have entirely derailed it just to play games.

This thread was always open to people discussing movies and discussing each others' views. I didn't go after Goliath criticizing him (I quoted his view on a movie to elaborate on mine- STILL I was following rules). He went after me. And, as usual, I have proof. So... again, none of what you're saying here is important. If you think otherwise, just raise your scroll bar and look at Sotiris's last post. Only he is too nice to say this: you guys ruined this thread. And NOW you're telling me that it's my fault for taking the bait.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Lazario wrote:Again, a very "impressive" (manipulative) collection of bullshit.
You know, one of these days, I gotta draw a picture of you and your hilarious imagery interpretation of me. That will be something for me and others to enjoy. Something like you running in fear or grunting as you try to challenge me, a evil overlord ogre.
Lazario wrote:AND AGAIN: it's completely dismissing the most important argument I've made here. That being that this thread was about movies and people discussing them. You and Goliath have entirely derailed it just to play games.
If you bothered to look, we did in the first page. And As I said, it wasn't til after you came and call out on us( such as calling us the anti-SB brigade- that's just begging for shit to come since non of us hate SB, even me.)

I only jump back in once the thread was too much derailed of no return. Yeah I shouldn't have but at this point might as well do so. But I did not get into your debate with Goliath or Duster before that.

Lazario wrote:So... again, none of what you're saying here is important.
Why bother replying to me then? :)

Lazario wrote:If you think otherwise, just raise your scroll bar and look at Sotiris's last post. Only he is too nice to say this: you guys ruined this thread. And NOW you're telling me that it's my fault for taking the bait.
I think he's saying ALL of us are at fault. Yes, that INCLUDES you too. Don't act like you're not at fault. And I never said you're only one at fault. But you are a huge part of it. We all have. But from many of your posts you seems to say you aren't at fault.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Super Aurora wrote:If you bothered to look, we did in the first page. And As I said, it wasn't til after you came and call out on us
That's nothing more than an excuse for you guys' reprehensible behavior.

I didn't call anyone out, SA. I replied to your posts about the movie saying I believed you were judging it wrong. And anyone on this board would have told me I was nothing but polite and fair in every word in those posts. Which were made a week before Goliath went off the deep end by - like I said - creating the drama of me being nasty to Snow White as though she were a real person. Yeah that was in the other thread but you expect me to believe it's a coincidence that literally less than an hour later, he goes after me in THIS thread?

Super Aurora: you have nothing. No point. No argument. Just excuses. Same goes with Goliath. Get lost.

For whatever it's worth - Jay, Sotiris, and everyone else in these threads: I'm sorry this happened. I accept partial responsibility for responding to what was clearly personal baiting. But I'm not the only one who could see it was baiting. Just wait until you're in my position (because again, based on the track records of these guys, it will happen again), see how fast I jump in to defend you.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Lazario wrote: That's nothing more than an excuse for you guys' reprehensible behavior.

So now they're excuses? You just keep on running away and away more and more

I didn't call anyone out, SA. I replied to your posts about the movie saying I believed you were judging it wrong.

Oh sure you didn't. nope. Not at all. You replying to us we're judging it wrong for up-tenth times. That we already went through countless times. You know our stance on SB and you know we will always stay with our stance on it. Why bother start it again?

Lazario wrote:And anyone on this board would have told me I was nothing but polite and fair in every word in those posts. Which were made a week before Goliath went off the deep end by - like I said - creating the drama of me being nasty to Snow White as though she were a real person. Yeah that was in the other thread but you expect me to believe it's a coincidence that literally less than an hour later, he goes after me in THIS thread?
That thread and topic I have no involvement with so I can't say or comment on that

Lazario wrote:Super Aurora: you have nothing. No point. No argument. Just excuses. Same goes with Goliath. Get lost.
Pot calling kettle black.

Lazario wrote:For whatever it's worth - Jay, Sotiris, and everyone else in these threads: I'm sorry this happened. I accept partial responsibility for responding to what was clearly personal baiting. But I'm not the only one who could see it was baiting. Just wait until you're in my position (because again, based on the track records of these guys, it will happen again), see how fast I jump in to defend you.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Alright, time to call it: you are officially the most pathetic member of UD there has ever been.

I'm not even paying attention to what you're saying. Literally, the fact that you're continuing this after my replies proving what a putz you are for continuing this even though it has NOTHING to do with the movies being discussed has turned this into an animal study.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

I didn't recall this thread being derailed before you posted that picture, Super A. commented upon it and you went ballistic, but okay...
Lazario wrote:Goliath asked for what he's gotten by always going after people rather than discussing movies.
No, I'm pointing out the major flaws in your arguments. If your arguments aren't valid, we are allowed to point that out. That's how discussions work. You defend a movie, you do a shitty job on it, I call you on it. Don't cry now.
Lazario wrote:Which were made a week before Goliath went off the deep end by - like I said - creating the drama of me being nasty to Snow White as though she were a real person. Yeah that was in the other thread but you expect me to believe it's a coincidence that literally less than an hour later, he goes after me in THIS thread?
Uh-oh, what am I up to THIS time? What will my hidden agenda be this time around? Please tell me, I want to know... Image
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Goliath wrote:
Lazario wrote:Goliath asked for what he's gotten by always going after people rather than discussing movies.
No, I'm pointing out the major flaws in your arguments. If your arguments aren't valid, we are allowed to point that out. That's how discussions work. You defend a movie, you do a shitty job on it, I call you on it. Don't cry now.
Well, see now- nobody agrees with you that I'm stupid and doing a shitty job defending the movie. Even Super Aurora hasn't officially weighed in on whether or not my arguments are that bad.

And, my "wordiness" is a natural way of expressing myself. Ask anyone who's been here longer than you. You've been saying this for 3 years but NOBODY ELSE HAS. It's not meant to impress anyone. So what you're saying is that I don't understand the words I'm using and that I'm stupid.

Goliath wrote:I didn't recall this thread being derailed before you posted that picture, Super A. commented upon it and you went ballistic, but okay...
LIAR:
Goliath wrote:
Dr. Frankenollie wrote:@Lazario: I think you excellently summed up what makes Sleeping Beauty so fantastic - it has a powerful atmosphere, thanks to all its individual components (animation, music, voice talent, dialogue like "Even walls have ears"), unlike any other Disney film.
Lazario's essay-lenght post was nothing more than a lot of hot air packed with pretentious nonsensical language, belitteling comments and misplaced delusion of grandeur ("if you don't agree with me, you haven't thought about it well enough/you're too stupid to understand") --like always. He tries to impress people with his wordiness, but if you take the time to read what he's actually saying, you'll see there's very little substance to it. The wordiness has to mask the fact that he's huffing and puffing, yet nothing ever comes from it.
I said that before you started slinging insults and names, that I was completely respectful of you and stayed on-topic. I did stay on-topic and I was respectful. YOU are the started talking about me and not the movies I was discussing with Duster and Divinity even though I wasn't even talking to you anymore.

And if you don't "recall" that, maybe you're the one who's stupid.
Tarzan.
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tarzan. »

I would change the way Ariel´s hair looks in TLM, sometimes it looks just beautiful like in the part where she´s singing on the rock and sometimes it looks like she is wearing a hat and has no proportion with the size of her head, like when she´s having dinner in the palace.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Lazario wrote: Well, see now- nobody agrees with you that I'm stupid and doing a shitty job defending the movie. Even Super Aurora hasn't officially weighed in on whether or not my arguments are that bad.
I Wouldn't say they're bad either, even though for most part I don't agree with them(well in SB's and Lion King's case.). In fact, you actually do make good long structured arguments. However I do think it's rather pretentious and a waste of time to people that you already know and have stick with their opinions of, as well as your own time. This isn't like 2nd or 3rd, this is kinda like 10th time we been through this. So It seems rather a waste.

The gist of our two arguments basically boil to this (about SB):
-You're looking at the movie through a more abstract and metaphysical sense as well as an art form.

-We're looking at the movie in a more simple and general film with story structure contents.

The topic was what would you change in a movie. Naturally the points we go by on SB would make good sense in how we would love fixing it. I don't think there was a need to create another argument over the movie. Of course you don't agree with them, and we known that for years.

Though I do think some of your wordings towards other people when debating with to be rather belittling of the people you talk to(not counting Goliath). Such as referring to one of Duster's points "gibberish" because you didn't understand one of his points he was making. I don't think that was nice. Duster is a very nice and polite guy(both ol and irl) and when he doesn't understand your points he ask to explain or to reword what you meant politely since he wants to know and understand what you're asking or thinking. He doesn't belittle or sound condescending about it. Maybe you really don't mean it like that, but it does sound like that in your posts.

Also, I don't think I cause any off topic or derailing of the thread but I thought about it and decided I'll apologize for my off topic and trolling posts on Lazario. You probably won't not accept it or buy it, but I'm just going out to say my apology.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Super Aurora wrote:
Lazario wrote:Well, see now- nobody agrees with you that I'm stupid and doing a shitty job defending the movie. Even Super Aurora hasn't officially weighed in on whether or not my arguments are that bad.
I Wouldn't say they're bad either, even though for most part I don't agree with them(well in SB's and Lion King's case.). In fact, you actually do make good long structured arguments. However I do think it's rather pretentious and a waste of time to people that you already know and have stick with their opinions of, as well as your own time. This isn't like 2nd or 3rd, this is kinda like 10th time we been through this. So It seems rather a waste.

The gist of our two arguments basically boil to this (about SB):
-You're looking at the movie through a more abstract and metaphysical sense as well as an art form.

-We're looking at the movie in a more simple and general film with story structure contents.

The topic was what would you change in a movie. Naturally the points we go by on SB would make good sense in how we would love fixing it. I don't think there was a need to create another argument over the movie. Of course you don't agree with them, and we known that for years.

Though I do think some of your wordings towards other people when debating with to be rather belittling of the people you talk to(not counting Goliath). Such as referring to one of Duster's points "gibberish" because you didn't understand one of his points he was making. I don't think that was nice. Duster is a very nice and polite guy(both ol and irl) and when he doesn't understand your points he ask to explain or to reword what you meant politely since he wants to know and understand what you're asking or thinking. He doesn't belittle or sound condescending about it. Maybe you really don't mean it like that, but it does sound like that in your posts.

Also, I don't think I cause any off topic or derailing of the thread but I thought about it and decided I'll apologize for my off topic and trolling posts on Lazario. You probably won't not accept it or buy it, but I'm just going out to say my apology.
No, I'm so fucking sick of this crap- I'll accept ANY gesture on either of your parts as even a truce.

This needs to stop and like I said, if Goliath actually wants to talk about the movie- fine. I don't think he needs to bash another member on this board to make a point about Sleeping Beauty. Technically, Duster hasn't. And, like I told SWillie!, neither did I. Except, yes, to Duster but he knows I'm just shocked that he can say some of the things he does. I'm far from the only one having that reaction.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Lazario wrote:Well, see now- nobody agrees with you that I'm stupid and doing a shitty job defending the movie. Even Super Aurora hasn't officially weighed in on whether or not my arguments are that bad.
Well, Disney Duster agreed with me on the weak spots in Sleeping Beauty (or really it was the other way around; I applauded him for his criticism). Anyway, like you undoubtedly know, I don't give a flying f--- how many people agree or disagree with me. *I* am saying your defense of the movie is severely flawed and as long as you don't adress that, but instead keep derailing threads with fluff like this, I'll *keep* saying it. That's how discussion works: you don't give proper arguments, I'll call you on it. No need to make it personal --although that's your usual style.
Lazario wrote:And, my "wordiness" is a natural way of expressing myself. Ask anyone who's been here longer than you. You've been saying this for 3 years but NOBODY ELSE HAS. It's not meant to impress anyone. So what you're saying is that I don't understand the words I'm using and that I'm stupid.
Not exactly right, but I wouldn't expect you to get even basic facts straight. I'm used at your wordiness. Duster can be pretty wordy, too and I'm no stranger to the concept either. Slight difference, though: whenever I typ a whole lot, I make sure to put some substance to it and the thing will be wordy because I have a lot of arguments to make. Whereas you often use your wordiness to mask the lack of any substance. Like in the latest example: your defense of Sleeping Beauty. I called you on some ridiculous arguments, but you wouldn't even answer to it. Like, Duster said it's stupid for the fairies to take Aurora back to the castle too early (before she turns 16) and you said their actions are dictated by the music. Outrageous! As if the characters could hear the soundtrack to their own film! You tried to reason away all illogicalities with nothingness like "the music dictates it" or "the film works on another level". But instead of replying to my criticism, you derailed the thread in a bitch-fest.

Again.
Lazario wrote:[my quote] I said that before you started slinging insults and names, that I was completely respectful of you and stayed on-topic. I did stay on-topic and I was respectful. YOU are the started talking about me and not the movies I was discussing with Duster and Divinity even though I wasn't even talking to you anymore.
I was just pointing out the flaws in your reasoning to Dr. Frankenollie, which is perfectly normal in a debate. I wasn't going to debate the movie directly with you, because, like Super A. said, that never leads to anything anyway. But when someone else is debating you and he misses key faults and flaws in your reasoning, I'm gonna direct attention to it. That's only fair.

Now quit the drama and don't derail the thread any further.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

You didn't point out any flaws in my argument- you ignored my argument. You didn't actually look at the movie and explain why my theory about the music telling the characters it's safe to move is flawed. You just said it's stupid, outrageous, whatever. Why? You never explained why. You never explained anything. Perhaps you need to learn what it is to actually discuss and debate a movie- but just telling the other person their opinion is absurd or pretentious is not discussion. It's an insult. And you tried to excuse it by focusing on what you say is wrong with me. And you know what? If you are trying to tell me you don't need to because Duster is doing it- then fuck off and let Duster do it. You're not. You're baiting me to keep this going. And I will reply back because YOU KEEP DOING IT. Even if nobody else will call you out on it.

This is personal because you made it personal. Don't you dare tell me that if I respond to a lie you've told about me, that's me derailing this thread. You started it. I have proven that you started it. If you want this to stop, like I do- you don't have to do anything. I've taken all the work off your hands. You don't even have to ACCEPT what I'm saying. Think whatever you want. You just have to fucking stop talking about it. Got it? You started it. I will finish it. You want it to stop- you stop.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Lazario wrote: No, I'm so fucking sick of this crap- I'll accept ANY gesture on either of your parts as even a truce.
Are you saying you won't take my apology? I said was sorry. Am I that far down you won't ever forgive me?

Lazario wrote:Except, yes, to Duster but he knows I'm just shocked that he can say some of the things he does. I'm far from the only one having that reaction.
Why are you shock at some of the stuff Duster says?
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Lazario wrote:You didn't point out any flaws in my argument- you ignored my argument. You didn't actually look at the movie and explain why my theory about the music telling the characters it's safe to move is flawed. You just said it's stupid, outrageous, whatever. Why? You never explained why. You never explained anything.
I did. I just didn't need an essay to explain why it's outrageous. Simply because it's impossible to fix plotholes and illogical screenwriting by saying "the music dictates it". The music doesn't dictate anything. The writers messed up and you're providing them cover after the fact by coming up with a far-fetched theory. Which doesn't work, because, like I said, characters don't hear their own soundtrack! If it's true that the music dictates that the fairies make stupid decisions, then how can you be proud to like such a stupid movie? It's stupid writing to have your characters do illogical things without a reason. Would you accept such a flawed defense for Snow White? We all know you wouldn't. But then you'd say Sleeping Beauty "works at another level", which is, again, a copt-out.
Lazario wrote:Perhaps you need to learn what it is to actually discuss and debate a movie- but just telling the other person their opinion is absurd or pretentious is not discussion. It's an insult. And you tried to excuse it by focusing on what you say is wrong with me. And you know what? If you are trying to tell me you don't need to because Duster is doing it- then fuck off and let Duster do it. You're not. You're baiting me to keep this going. And I will reply back because YOU KEEP DOING IT. Even if nobody else will call you out on it.
Well, aren't you the brave little, seriously deluded, soldier? I'm baiting you, yeah, uhm... why would I care exactly to "bait" you? How does that fit in with my secret hidden agenda to achieve world domination You tell me, you know me so well, after all. I was just applauding Disney Duster and you were irked by it. Oh, and last time I checked this was a public forum and not your personal playground, so I'll reply anyone whenever I see fit. 'Kay? 'Kay!
Lazario wrote:This is personal because you made it personal. Don't you dare tell me that if I respond to a lie you've told about me, that's me derailing this thread. You started it. I have proven that you started it. If you want this to stop, like I do- you don't have to do anything. I've taken all the work off your hands. You don't even have to ACCEPT what I'm saying. Think whatever you want. You just have to fucking stop talking about it. Got it? You started it. I will finish it. You want it to stop- you stop.
qindarka
Special Edition

Post by qindarka »

Super Aurora wrote:
Lazario wrote: No, I'm so fucking sick of this crap- I'll accept ANY gesture on either of your parts as even a truce.
Are you saying you won't take my apology? I said was sorry. Am I that far down you won't ever forgive me?

Lazario wrote:Except, yes, to Duster but he knows I'm just shocked that he can say some of the things he does. I'm far from the only one having that reaction.
I think he meant that he did accept the apology and his "No" was in response to your fears of him not accepting it.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

qindarka wrote:I think he meant that he did accept the apology and his "No" was in response to your fears of him not accepting it.
Yes, that's what I meant.

Super Aurora wrote:
Well, didn't you just say a page or 2 back that you were shocked Goliath was agreeing with Duster?

Why do I get shocked? Because Duster reads my posts and he can see clearly where I'm going with my arguments and then he says things that border on completely ignorant or insane. Like he's never even seen a Disney movie before.

Goliath wrote:
Lazario wrote:You didn't point out any flaws in my argument- you ignored my argument. You didn't actually look at the movie and explain why my theory about the music telling the characters it's safe to move is flawed. You just said it's stupid, outrageous, whatever. Why? You never explained why. You never explained anything.
I did. I just didn't need an essay to explain why it's outrageous. Simply because it's impossible to fix plotholes and illogical screenwriting by saying "the music dictates it" .
There you go again. You are not actually taking about my argument- you are ignoring it. That is a perfect example. I SAID THIS MOVIE CANNOT BE JUDGED LOGICALLY. You are telling me the problems are logical. Do you need Barney the Dinosaur to point out what is RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE??????? You have to look at the movie artistically. You have to tell me what is wrong with my theory about watching the story progress visually and looking for the movie to tell us what is happening in the moment. Do you even get how tone works? Explain to me anything you know about movies driven by mood and tone before telling me the movie must still be judged logically no matter how many times I say that's not the right way to look at it.

Goliath wrote:The music doesn't dictate anything.
If you believe that, fine. But look at how the music is in fact applied to the film differently than the other films. Did you even do that? You're not giving me any opinions about what the music is doing. Neither has Duster. Neither one of you have submitted any actual theories on your own about how the tone is different in the movie. You haven't pointed out what ways all the characters are used for different functions. When you actually give me ANY opinions about these things- you will be slightly more qualified to just skate in and say, "you're full of shit." You do understand how debate works... don't you? I never said you had to do it the way I do. But I have actual opinons- you don't.

Goliath wrote:The writers messed up and you're providing them cover after the fact by coming up with a far-fetched theory. Which doesn't work, because, like I said, characters don't hear their own soundtrack! If it's true that the music dictates that the fairies make stupid decisions, then how can you be proud to like such a stupid movie? It's stupid writing to have your characters do illogical things without a reason. Would you accept such a flawed defense for Snow White? We all know you wouldn't. But then you'd say Sleeping Beauty "works at another level", which is, again, a copt-out.
There are a lot of differences between these movies and I've taken every single one of them into account. And I used them to come to this conclusion and compose my theories about how character actions are driven by things like the tone and the music. And it all makes sense if you know me. You know I don't always respond to cutesy aspects in Disney movies. But even then, I have discrimination. I don't think the animal friends in Snow White and Cinderella are cute. But I did say the teddy bears in Fun and Fancy Free were absolutely ADORABLE. I took Cinderella's white and blue cloudfog hanging over the movie to task but I've always admired the entire "So This is Love" sequence. I've told Bambi where to stick it on multiple occasions but I believe Dumbo has so much warmth- Snow White and Cinderella can't even touch it. You think I'm a bitter, hateful person? Why do I think so highly of Dumbo then???

This is about discrimination: seeing the differences and holding one approach to be better and another to not be. I'm not copping out because I don't see the movie the way you do.

Lazario wrote:Well, aren't you the brave little, seriously deluded, soldier? I'm baiting you, yeah, uhm... why would I care exactly to "bait" you? How does that fit in with my secret hidden agenda to achieve world domination You tell me, you know me so well, after all. I was just applauding Disney Duster and you were irked by it. Oh, and last time I checked this was a public forum and not your personal playground, so I'll reply anyone whenever I see fit. 'Kay? 'Kay!
You're the one playing and that^ is the perfect example of how you're actually the one diverting.

I'm the one telling it like it is. But the joke is that you could stop this if you would just not reply. Can you do that? No, because then the game would be over. And you came to play.

Lazario wrote:Image
That's adorable.

I got something for you in return (I hope I haven't posted this one already) - your favorite passtime:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WMW9vn4o66o" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Lazario wrote:There you go again. You are not actually taking about my argument- you are ignoring it. That is a perfect example. I SAID THIS MOVIE CANNOT BE JUDGED LOGICALLY.
Then how can you ever judge a movie, for crying out loud?! Can't you see how utterly ridiculous it is to throw logic out of the window?!

I am at loss here. You really want to make the case that we shouldn't use LOGIC anymore?!

Then the next time you're having a debete with Disney Duster about religion and he says illogical things because that's what his religion tells him to, you have to shut up. You don't have the right anymore to call anything or anybody, anywhere illogical.

You want to set your own rules. You say: "here's a discussion about two movies and we will judge them differently. The one I dislike, Snow White, will be judged with extreme logic and we will nitpick on every single detail to see if it makes sense or not. And here's a film I love, Sleeping Beauty, and we will judge this movie on my own terms and not on logic. Why? Because I fucking said so, that's why!"

Could you imagine how it would work out if everybody applied your 'reasoning'? "No, Mister Speaker, I have no logical answer to the arguments of my esteemed opponent. But my plans doesn't need any logic. We should just implement them and not ask any questions." Why don't you just join the Tea Party, Laz? Or maybe Fox has an opening left! No logic required whatsoever!

Is this for real or is this satire?

"The movie cannot be judged logically". And you accuse others of gibberish? That's it, you completely lost it.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Goliath wrote:
Lazario wrote:There you go again. You are not actually taking about my argument- you are ignoring it. That is a perfect example. I SAID THIS MOVIE CANNOT BE JUDGED LOGICALLY.
Then how can you ever judge a movie, for crying out loud?! Can't you see how utterly ridiculous it is to throw logic out of the window?!

I am at loss here. You really want to make the case that we shouldn't use LOGIC anymore?!

Then the next time you're having a debete with Disney Duster about religion and he says illogical things because that's what his religion tells him to, you have to shut up. You don't have the right anymore to call anything or anybody, anywhere illogical.
That's the difference between you and me: I know where movies end and reality begins. This is just like your argument about Snow White as a character. You think she's just like a real person, so if I criticize her- I might as well be saying any real 14 year old girl in any conditions that seem similar is an idiot because they're young, etc. I think that's absurd.

My arguments on movies are arguments about movies.
My arguments on religion are arguments about real life.

Goliath wrote:You want to set your own rules.
No. I want movies to be judged by THEIR OWN RULES. You are telling me Sleeping Beauty is different because it tries to be the same as Snow White and Cinderella but neglected character logic. I'm saying it's different because the characters aren't supposed to serve the same functions as in those films. AGAIN, look at how what they do is motivated by the movie's artistic ambitions. Again, you're failing to see how much the visuals tell the story. Do you even know anything about Eyvind Earle and his style? You do know that he was in charge of this project and how his art usually works, don't you?

Goliath wrote:You say: "here's a discussion about two movies and we will judge them differently. The one I dislike, Snow White, will be judged with extreme logic and we will nitpick on every single detail to see if it makes sense or not. And here's a film I love, Sleeping Beauty, and we will judge this movie on my own terms and not on logic. Why? Because I fucking said so, that's why!"
No. I like Snow White very much. But my problem is that people try to hold Sleeping Beauty - a vastly different movie - to the same standards as Snow White. That doesn't work. They are vastly different movies with vastly different methods of telling their stories. Why shouldn't I admire the fact that Sleeping Beauty does SO MUCH more in every scene than almost any other Disney animated film? Of course, it's a different experience from Dumbo and Winnie the Pooh and Pinocchio, etc. But some Disney films really make you feel like you're IN their world. With Snow White and Cinderella, the characters are basically bouncing in every frame desperate for attention. In Sleeping Beauty- the characters don't come first. This is a FACT. And the movie should be judged accordingly. This is another thing you'd realize if you took Eyvind Earle's control over the film into account. I judged Snow White and Cinderella the way I did because with those films- the characters did come first. With Sleeping Beauty- there was an atmospheric presence over every character and every action they took. What I'm saying does have resonance. If people would really think about it, they might start to question their opinions somewhat.

Goliath wrote:Could you imagine how it would work out if everybody applied your 'reasoning'? "No, Mister Speaker, I have no logical answer to the arguments of my esteemed opponent. But my plans doesn't need any logic. We should just implement them and not ask any questions." Why don't you just join the Tea Party, Laz? Or maybe Fox has an opening left! No logic required whatsoever!

Is this for real or is this satire?

"The movie cannot be judged logically". And you accuse others of gibberish? That's it, you completely lost it.
No, Goliath. That would be you. This isn't political. Art is a reflection of or commentary on real life. But that doesn't make it real life. And therefore, there is more than one way to judge it.
Last edited by Lazario on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Lazario wrote:
qindarka wrote:I think he meant that he did accept the apology and his "No" was in response to your fears of him not accepting it.
Yes, that's what I meant.
Ah ok. Then we're cool.

Lazario wrote:
Super Aurora wrote: Why are you shock at some of the stuff Duster says?
Well, didn't you just say a page or 2 back that you were shocked Goliath was agreeing with Duster?
well that's because The two are almost like on complete opposites of the spectrum.
Lazario wrote:Why do I get shocked? Because Duster reads my posts and he can see clearly where I'm going with my arguments and then he says things that border on completely ignorant or insane. Like he's never even seen a Disney movie before.
But he always says crazy and insane stuff. I don't think that's surprising :P

Lazario wrote: <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WMW9vn4o66o" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Super Aurora wrote:
Lazario wrote: Well, didn't you just say a page or 2 back that you were shocked Goliath was agreeing with Duster?
well that's because The two are almost like on complete opposites of the spectrum.
I used to think so too.

Now I'm not so sure.

Super Aurora wrote:
Lazario wrote:Why do I get shocked? Because Duster reads my posts and he can see clearly where I'm going with my arguments and then he says things that border on completely ignorant or insane. Like he's never even seen a Disney movie before.
But he always says crazy and insane stuff. I don't think that's surprising :P
I thought he was following me. Then, he kept trying to drive the boat under the water and that's hard to respond to when someone keeps interrupting you to say the guy trying to sink the discussion is right on target.