Aladdin - Diamond Edition

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Re: Aladdin - Diamond Edition (Spring, 2013)

Post by Prince Edward »

The clipart of Aladdin on that "Aladdin" cover looks just awful. The "Aladdin and the King of Thieves" cover look cool though.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Aladdin And The King Of Thieves Possible Blu-ray Cover

Post by Sotiris »

stevemcqueen wrote:*Faints*: https://instagram.com/p/0E9vhKt7QG/

Someone just showed me that on Instagram. I know it's probably not official ("Digital Copy" instead of "Digital HD", Diamond Edition borders, etc.) but I'm praying for the slightest chance that it is a legit early mock up. I'm desperately trying to find the source of this image on the web (just to see if it's indeed legit) with no luck, can anyone else try?
As if Disney would ever give us such a pretty cover. Sorry, to burst your bubble but that image used for the cover is actually fanart. It's so well-made that anyone could mistake it for official artwork.
stevemcqueen wrote:The same user also posted a cover for Aladdin:
https://instagram.com/p/z8o0h5t7YT/
This is so obviously fan-made I didn't have to look into it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Sotiris wrote:As if Disney would ever give us such a pretty cover. Sorry, to burst your bubble but that image is actually fanart. It's so well-made that anyone could easily mistake it for official artwork
Yeah, I knew it was probably too good to be true. Also because they'll probably release the two sequels in a 2-Movie Collection. The cover is stunning though, wish we'd get something close to that on the official one but as you said, chances are slim :) Thank you so much for finding the source Sotiris!!!!
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

That cover art for King of Thieves took me by surprise! It looked real.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Wow, that cover art for the King of Thieves is so well-made, it looks official. But yeah, I think Disney will most likely release the two sequels in a 2-Movie Collection.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

I was really impressed by the "King of Thieves" cover. It was lovely and reminds me of such posters/covers Disney made in the 90's, with many characters present in the same picture. The "Aladdin" poster was inferior, though. Aladdin himself looks a bit off. But they're obviously fan-made.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

does anyone know what country this blu-ray is from(or if its legit?) I sorta like the cover, they just need to fix Jasmine's dress color and Al & Jas's faces.

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

unprincess wrote:Does anyone know what country this blu-ray is from (or if its legit?)
It's just another fake.
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

This is so painful, we should have gotten the official artwork by now. At least by next month (when the Fall Diamond Editions pre-orders usually go up) it will finally be revealed.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Sotiris wrote: It's just another fake.
The sad thing is it doesn't look much worse than the real cover likely will. I haven't really cared for any cover Aladdin's received in all its VHS/DVD/Blu-Ray releases over the years (in the US, at least). It's unfortunate considering how good the film itself is; plus, there are a lot of nice posters out there.

Although I did like the box for the Platinum set years ago (with the Cave of Wonders), but the individual case's cover itself was ugly.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:The sad thing is it doesn't look much worse than the real cover likely will.
Most likely, yes. Disney have been lazy with their latest covers for their Diamond releases, in my opinion.
I haven't really cared for any cover Aladdin's received in all its VHS/DVD/Blu-Ray releases over the years (in the US, at least). It's unfortunate considering how good the film itself is; plus, there are a lot of nice posters out there.
I actually liked the VHS cover. It was really nice.
JustOneBite87
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JustOneBite87 »

DisneyFan09 wrote: Most likely, yes. Disney have been lazy with their latest covers for their Diamond releases, in my opinion.
Huh? The last few DE covers have been great! 101 Dalmatians and Jungle Book recycled elements from their platinum editions but I thought it was done with good taste. And surely I'm not the only one who thought the most recent cover for Sleeping Beauty was gorgeous? I'm mainly annoyed by the lack of uniformity when it comes to the slipcover spines. Would be nice to see a stateside version of of the UK limited slipcovers but with better art.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Sotiris wrote:
unprincess wrote:Does anyone know what country this blu-ray is from (or if its legit?)
It's just another fake.
dangit! I like the movement of it and the fact it isnt overcrowded with characters. Still dont like the side title though...
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

JustOneBite87 wrote:Huh? The last few DE covers have been great! 101 Dalmatians and Jungle Book recycled elements from their platinum editions but I thought it was done with good taste. And surely I'm not the only one who thought the most recent cover for Sleeping Beauty was gorgeous? I'm mainly annoyed by the lack of uniformity when it comes to the slipcover spines. Would be nice to see a stateside
version of of the UK limited slipcovers but with better art.
Okay, we can then agree to disagree. Perhaps I shouldn't have labeled them all as awful, since the covers from "Snow White", "Beauty and the Beast" and "Mermaid" were good. The rest were unimpressive.
tlc38tlc38
Special Edition

Post by tlc38tlc38 »

My favorite DAC blu covers are:

Snow White
Pinocchio
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan
The Sword in the Stone
The Little Mermaid 3D

I really hope they treat "Aladdin" with respect. It's one of my absolute favorite Disney films and it should be treated as a film and not a babysitter.
Walmart: the perfect place to shop for a headache at a discount price.
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

stevemcqueen wrote:*Faints*:

https://instagram.com/p/0E9vhKt7QG/

Someone just showed me that on Instagram. I know it's probably not official ("Digital Copy" instead of "Digital HD", Diamond Edition borders, etc.) but I'm praying for the slightest chance that it is a legit early mock up.

I'm desperately trying to find the source of this image on the web (just to see if it's indeed legit) with no luck, can anyone else try?

EDIT: The same user also posted a cover for Aladdin:
The images seem to have been removed. I wanted to see, even if they weren't official :(
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Here you go -- this one was used as the basis for the King of Thieves cover: http://selinmarsou.deviantart.com/art/W ... -377058116

I can't remember what the Aladdin one looked like -- all I can recall is that it was really ugly.
JustOneBite87
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JustOneBite87 »

Would anyone else like to see more minimalist covers like Peter Pan (digital copy edition) and Little Mermaid 3D? The placeholder art for Aladdin on blu-ray.com that uses the teaser poster is almost perfection.

Also (veering slightly off topic) it would be nice if DMA allowed users to choose from a selection of different art for digital copies and titles kept in the virtual locker.
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

universALLove wrote:
stevemcqueen wrote:*Faints*:

https://instagram.com/p/0E9vhKt7QG/

Someone just showed me that on Instagram. I know it's probably not official ("Digital Copy" instead of "Digital HD", Diamond Edition borders, etc.) but I'm praying for the slightest chance that it is a legit early mock up.

I'm desperately trying to find the source of this image on the web (just to see if it's indeed legit) with no luck, can anyone else try?

EDIT: The same user also posted a cover for Aladdin:
The images seem to have been removed. I wanted to see, even if they weren't official :(
Damn, I should have somehow saved these, sorry about that :(
Tried searching for them again on Google but no luck...
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Official cover art via Stitch Kingdom

Can someone explain why it is so freakin' difficult for Disney to have their characters drawn well and on-model for their home video releases? ~sigh~