Disney Princesses Got a Makeover

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

slave2moonlight wrote:Well, I don't love this (looking at that Charm Bracelet tag posted above). I don't like the way Belle came out (she hardly looks like Belle, to me), and Aurora and Cindy look really, REALLY hot, but they don't really look like the same characters to me. Ariel is fine. She looks like herself, just dolled up. Those other three I mentioned, to me they look like different girls, and so alike that it's generic. Seems like they hardly did anything to Snow White at all, while she probably could use the most updating (well, I like that one update of her from the 90's or so). Mulan, Pocahontas, and Tiana hardly seem to fit in here, as they are barely changed at all, and the Mulan and Tiana drawings, in my opinion, aren't very good ones.
I completely agree.
AliceinWonderland
Gold Classic Collection

Post by AliceinWonderland »

Jasmine looks cute. not too sure what i think about Arura's hair yet. I feel sorry for Tiana, Pocahantas and Mulan. it doesnt look like they cared to change anything on them
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Belle and Aurora look like slutty mean girls. :lol:
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Notice how all the WHITE girls are up front while all the minorities are pushed in the back. lol

Disney: Bringing you subtle racism in marketing products.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
AliceinWonderland
Gold Classic Collection

mulan pose reminds me of Jesus lol
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Super Aurora wrote:Notice how all the WHITE girls are up front while all the minorities are pushed in the back. lol

Disney: Bringing you subtle racism in marketing products.
:lol:

I hadn't even noticed. It's pretty offensive once you've noticed it. Mulan's expression suddenly looks like a troll face as well.....
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

AliceinWonderland wrote:mulan pose reminds me of Jesus lol

Mulan IS Jesus. Didn't ya know?
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Wao.

Pocahontas looks SO different...

The new designs at least look way much better than old versions (jewels).

The one I don´t like is Aurora. Her hair looks weird.

PS

Tiana doesn´t need a new image since she´s so recent.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

I like the changes!
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Disney Princesa Brasil (official Disney Facebook page) got "new" images of Aurora, Rapunzel and Snow White that looks like the same style as the glittering Cinderella image already discussed in this thread. Although their dresses and hair seems to be like they have always been, the overall "look" is the same as the image of Cinderella with her new hair and dress.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 479&type=3
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Prince Edward wrote:Disney Princesa Brasil (official Disney Facebook page) got "new" images of Aurora, Rapunzel and Snow White that looks like the same style as the glittering Cinderella image already discussed in this thread.
Nice find, Prince Edward! Thanks!
Last edited by Sotiris on Mon May 28, 2012 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Live On
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney Live On »

http://secure.disneylatino.com/facebook ... ab_por.jpg

Notice for Brazil Mulan, Jasmine and Poco are gone completely. Only the six white girls and Tiana- lol- oh Disney. :roll:
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Sotiris wrote:The other princesses have gotten makeovers too! Namely, Belle, Aurora, Jasmine, Ariel, and Snow White. You can tell by their hair and dresses.

Source: http://maythedarknessbemerciful.tumblr. ... 6408343621
Eww! I really HATE Aurora's hair! They ruined it! But, I like the changes for Belle, Cinderella, and Jasmine. They look cute, but Belle looks gorgeous. I love Ariel's dress too. Also Mulan and SW's eyes look really weird.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Curiouser and curiouser...

These images are taken from the official Facebook page of Disney Princess Brazil (to which Prince Edward posted the link.) Although they have the new glittery "effect" on their dresses, they don't have the new hair styles or the new dress designs and accessories. Specifically, Cinderella has the new dress but not the new hair style and face. What the hell is going on, Disney? :?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Sotiris wrote: Cinderella has the new dress but not the new hair style and face. What the hell is going on, Disney? :?
I don't know if this helps, but it can be seen that the only reason Cinderella had a new "face" (which I thought was weird!) was because they drew a new picture of her face with the rest of that new pose in that new dress. All they did was take her whole head from a previous (and her most over-used) clipart, and stuck it on top of the newly drawn pose in the new dress.
AliceinWonderland
Gold Classic Collection

rupunzel's porportions look really off when put with the other princesses :|
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

AliceinWonderland wrote:rupunzel's porportions look really off when put with the other princesses :|
Seriously. Her clipart needs a redesign.
sweetcake

Post by sweetcake »

Why no change for Pocahontas ? :(

The only change I like are only Aurora's and Belle's. Both have gorgeous curly hair. :wink:

Cinderella looks to "teen pop-ish " and didn't really see what was so wrong with Ariel's pink dress. It had a old Disney Snow White type charm to it.

Snow White looks really dorky too , like Disney didn't know what to do with her so they just changed her ribbon style in hopes she'll look more "hip ".

Why are they doing this anyways ? The Princesses were fine with their original designs, if something isn't broken don't fix it.

If Hunchback of Notre Dame was a more poplaur movie, would they of given Quasi a makeover too ? :roll:
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Sotiris wrote:The other princesses have gotten makeovers too! Namely, Belle, Aurora, Jasmine, Ariel, and Snow White. You can tell by their hair and dresses.

Source: http://maythedarknessbemerciful.tumblr. ... 6408343621
Oh, c'mon! I'm really sorry for coming off as a whiny little bitch, but were these makeovers even necessary?! :(

And by the way, as if the new hairdos aren't unnecessary enough. Now they have to add glitter to the dresses for more girly effect...
Last edited by DisneyJedi on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Pocahontas either:

a- goes everywhere with a fan

or

b- buys hairspray like crazy