Disney Princesses Got a Makeover

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

sweetcake wrote:If Hunchback of Notre Dame was a more poplaur movie, would they of given Quasi a makeover too ? :roll:
LOL Could you imagine?
DisneyJedi wrote:And by the way, as if the new hairdos aren't unnecessary enough. Now they have to add glitter to the dresses for more girly effect...
I think the glitter effect looks REALLY pretty and REALLY cool. Besides, Cinderella always had a dress that sparkled. Why don't boys like glitter anyway? Can they actually say why? Boys like stars and flashes of light. And who doesn't like shiny sparkly things?
DC Fan wrote:Pocahontas either:

a- goes everywhere with a fan

or

b- buys hairspray like crazy
LOL!
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

I hate what they've done to Belle D:

Belle probably had the best clip art aswell :(
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Ariel looks too mature.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

I just think the sparkles are total overkill.
sweetcake

Post by sweetcake »

Disney Duster wrote:
sweetcake wrote:If Hunchback of Notre Dame was a more poplaur movie, would they of given Quasi a makeover too ? :roll:
LOL Could you imagine?
Somebody should photoshop Quasi with glitter clothes and a new hairstyle.
:lol:
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

I really like Ariel's new look. Belle and Aurora look like they stepped out of the 80's lol. The rest are just ehh. I think it's funny Pocahontas and Tiana totally look photoshopped in there they have absolutely no changes.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

kylemj
Limited Issue

Post by kylemj »

^^ Hahahaha!
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

Caught this on tumblr a bit earlier. :P

DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

enigmawing wrote:Image
UHMAZING!!! :lol:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

enigmawing wrote:Image
I KNEW you would come through! LOL! I don't like the hair clip because it makes him look girly instead of just beautifully fabulously made over, but you know me, I'm a picky, critical guy. But really what you did is hilariously wonderful!
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Eh . . . one more try.

Poor Nala always gets left out of the sparkly princess merchandise.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

I probably sound like I'm beating a dead horse, but I seriously think the sparkles are overkill. They're probably more obnoxious than Jar Jar Binks, Scrappy Doo and Snarf (the original) put together!

And I can actually tolerate those three in question.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

enigmawing the crown is perfect! Now they all have crowns! Well except Nala, but this was about Quasi anyway!

I hope your picture makes tumblr!
DisneyJedi wrote:I probably sound like I'm beating a dead horse, but I seriously think the sparkles are overkill. They're probably more obnoxious than Jar Jar Binks, Scrappy Doo and Snarf (the original) put together!
lol okay so you're exaggerting. Well, I really like the sparkles. Maybe if they toned them down a little, but I think they look gorgeous on especially Cinderella's, Aurora's, and most of all Belle's dress.
WarriorDreamer
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WarriorDreamer »

DisneyJedi wrote:I probably sound like I'm beating a dead horse, but I seriously think the sparkles are overkill. They're probably more obnoxious than Jar Jar Binks, Scrappy Doo and Snarf (the original) put together!
They don't always put sparkles on the princesses in merchandise. I guess it sells well for girls having them on.

But tell me, why don't the Prince's ever get a makeover, or even their own franchise for God's sake? Maybe they could tone down the sparkles (unless they were going for an Edward Cullen vibe) but still, I think they should get some much needed clip-art.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

WarriorDreamer wrote:
They don't always put sparkles on the princesses in merchandise. I guess it sells well for girls having them on.

But tell me, why don't the Prince's ever get a makeover, or even their own franchise for God's sake? Maybe they could tone down the sparkles (unless they were going for an Edward Cullen vibe) but still, I think they should get some much needed clip-art.
Oh yeah! You are so right. The prince's and heroes does not get any attention at all because of the Disney Princess franchise. Disney should launch a franchise with male heroes/prince's, or include them more in the Disney Princess franchise.

In an ideal world, there would be no "Disney Princess" and they would have sold merchandise based on the characters and movies and then they could have mixed both male and female characters without having to target just little girls and scare away boys. It's a shame how Disney animation/classics now is supposed to be just for girls. And it's Disney's fault.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

DC Fan wrote:Ariel looks too mature.
You mean you liked her better as jailbait? :D
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Goliath wrote:
DC Fan wrote:Ariel looks too mature.
You mean you liked her better as jailbait? :D
Well...she was always teasing with the seashells. :P
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

for some reason, i cant see enigma's art.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Cinderella dolls based on her new design:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/b0ttledwat ... otostream/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage