Disney Princesses Got a Makeover

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
taei
Special Edition

Re: Disney Princesses Got a Makeover

Post by taei »

I think it that tweet meant an actual box set of all princess movies together. So Snow White through Brave.
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

Jasmine, Pocahontas and Mulan are all slated to get their new 'redesign' costumes sometime this year. I've seen them... I'm not a fan. (Jasmine is the worst, as she's not even wearing her redesign outfit. They gave her something 'culturally appropriate' that just looks... awful. And nothing like what she wears in the films, aside from color.)

The princes are also getting redesigns, and they look well enough, with the exception of Aladdin and Beast. Aladdin is basically getting the broadway Prince Ali outfit. (So no more streetrat, I guess?) Beast is articulated (which is great) but his body looks strange, to me. But Prince Phillip is a huuuge improvement. (Think the FoF costume, but fancier. It's great.)

I wasn't initially a fan of the first round of redesigns, though they have grown on me. But the next set of princesses... ick. I know for sure I'm devastated about Jasmine. And Mulan and Pocahontas look ridiculous when they are the 'plainest' of the princesses, and are now being forced into glitzy nonsense.

Sooo yeah. If you love the current outfits, best go get your last photos with the characters now. :cry:
admin of Mouse Ears // find me on Moviepilot!
Image Image Image
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Are there pictures online already? I'd love (to hate) to see them.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm excited about Phillip, but Miss Manday, what did you mean by "FoF"?

Beast is my favorite prince. I wish he was in his hot human form.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Disney Duster wrote:I'm excited about Phillip, but Miss Manday, what did you mean by "FoF"?

Festival of Fantasy parade
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Miss Manday wrote:Jasmine, Pocahontas and Mulan are all slated to get their new 'redesign' costumes sometime this year. I've seen them... I'm not a fan. (Jasmine is the worst, as she's not even wearing her redesign outfit. They gave her something 'culturally appropriate' that just looks... awful. And nothing like what she wears in the films, aside from color.)

The princes are also getting redesigns, and they look well enough, with the exception of Aladdin and Beast. Aladdin is basically getting the broadway Prince Ali outfit. (So no more streetrat, I guess?) Beast is articulated (which is great) but his body looks strange, to me. But Prince Phillip is a huuuge improvement. (Think the FoF costume, but fancier. It's great.)

I wasn't initially a fan of the first round of redesigns, though they have grown on me. But the next set of princesses... ick. I know for sure I'm devastated about Jasmine. And Mulan and Pocahontas look ridiculous when they are the 'plainest' of the princesses, and are now being forced into glitzy nonsense.

Sooo yeah. If you love the current outfits, best go get your last photos with the characters now. :cry:
Interesting. I thought the initial redesigns the Princesses had were nice, although they were a little too sparkly.

I'm really curious to see these new ones.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Duplicate
Last edited by Vlad on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

Disney has been trying to keep the images/video from leaking, so I've not seen them anywhere on the net yet. But as I used to work in Entertainment, I have a few friends in wardrobe still. ;) There was an event to show off the new outfits, and it was video from that. I would imagine they will probably start rolling out either this summer, or in September (which is kind of like the 'start of the new year' for Entertainment.)

These new outfits are just as sparkly, and fit in with the other redesigns (aside from Jas and Al, which feel really out of place) .... but not necessarily the characters. (Mulan and Poca in particular.)

Elsa is also getting a new bodice, but it's the same general look. Nothing for the other newer princesses yet.
Image Image Image
Silvershade

Post by Silvershade »

Miss Manday wrote:Disney has been trying to keep the images/video from leaking, so I've not seen them anywhere on the net yet. But as I used to work in Entertainment, I have a few friends in wardrobe still. ;) There was an event to show off the new outfits, and it was video from that. I would imagine they will probably start rolling out either this summer, or in September (which is kind of like the 'start of the new year' for Entertainment.)

These new outfits are just as sparkly, and fit in with the other redesigns (aside from Jas and Al, which feel really out of place) .... but not necessarily the characters. (Mulan and Poca in particular.)

Elsa is also getting a new bodice, but it's the same general look. Nothing for the other newer princesses yet.
Still nothing on Elsa joining though, right?
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

So is this a redesign on top of the last park redesign ?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Miss Manday wrote:But Prince Phillip is a huuuge improvement. (Think the FoF costume, but fancier. It's great.)
JeanGreyForever wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:I'm excited about Phillip, but Miss Manday, what did you mean by "FoF"?
Festival of Fantasy parade
Thanks!

Ooooh I LOVE that costume!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The "Dream Big, Princess" campaign continues with interstitials where little girls meet the princesses at the parks and talk about their dreams. The segments are introduced by Sofia the First. So far the following have been released:

Ariel
Belle
Tiana
Rapunzel
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Sotiris wrote:The "Dream Big, Princess" campaign continues with interstitials where little girls meet the princesses at the parks and talk about their dreams. The segments are introduced by Sofia the First.
This was part of the Day of Big Dreams, which aired on Disney Junior last Friday.

They also did the Night of Big Dreams on Disney Channel hosted by Sabrina Carpenter with older girls talking about their dreams.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Can't view any of those videos as I'm in the UK ... are they anything of significance ? Or just Princes fluff pieces ?
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Atlantica wrote:Can't view any of those videos as I'm in the UK ... are they anything of significance ? Or just Princes fluff pieces ?
You can always use Unblock Youtube

Here's Ariel's unblocked video: (Since she's your favorite princess! :P)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Aww thanks so much, really appreciate that bruno :)
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

New "Dream Big, Princess" videos!

Dream Big Princess - Daughters
Dream Big Princess - I Dream
Dream Big Princess - I Dream - Ariel
Dream Big Princess - I Dream - Tiana
Dream Big Princess - I Dream - Rapunzel

I like the videos, but I think the music they're using is not fitting at all... it has nothing to do with Disney... I mean… will.i.am, really?

I'm bothered about the lack of Princess Aurora.

Anna and Elsa are featured in some of those videos, which is a little strange since they're not official Disney Princesses...
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Korea released a promo for the new DP campaign that features the song Higher as background music instead of Hall of Fame that's used for the campaign in the rest of the world. In another promo, the narrator mentions the princesses that are part of the campaign by name and doesn't include Aurora, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, or Merida.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Miss Manday
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Miss Manday »

As promised... here starts round two of the makeovers, starting with Mulan and Pocahontas

Image Image Image