Help for DMC newbie

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Linden
Special Edition

Help for DMC newbie

Post by Linden »

I just signed up for the Disney Movie Club two days ago. There's not actually a whole lot of information on the site, so I'm still confused about some things. I know there's some DMC pros on here who'll know what's what.

I used the beginning promotion so that I got 5 movies for $1 total and chose two add-on movies so that I only have to buy two more movies in two years to complete my contract. I chose blu-rays. Will they send me the blu-ray combos in the blu-ray packaging or the DVD packaging (in the cases where both are available)?

What's VIP status and is it worth it or should I just terminate my account after I fulfill my agreement?

When do the featured titles come out?

I think I'm in the blu-ray club because I bought all blus, but can I still buy DVDs? If so, do they count toward my total?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: Help for DMC newbie

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Linden wrote:I just signed up for the Disney Movie Club two days ago. There's not actually a whole lot of information on the site, so I'm still confused about some things. I know there's some DMC pros on here who'll know what's what.

I used the beginning promotion so that I got 5 movies for $1 total and chose two add-on movies so that I only have to buy two more movies in two years to complete my contract. I chose blu-rays. Will they send me the blu-ray combos in the blu-ray packaging or the DVD packaging (in the cases where both are available)?

It definitely worth keeping once you become a VIP. Once a VIP you can choose whether or not you would want a featured title or you can decline it. Also you are not just limited to Blu rays. You can get DVDs. I know netflix has that issue but not Disney Movie Club. Also they have exclusive releases such as DuckTales the Movie, Doug's 1st Movie, Kim Possible Season 1 and Season 2, The complete series of The Weekenders, The incredible Journey, and So Dear to my heart and many others on DVD.

What's VIP status and is it worth it or should I just terminate my account after I fulfill my agreement?

I think I'm in the blu-ray club because I bought all blus, but can I still buy DVDs? If so, do they count toward my total?
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: Help for DMC newbie

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Linden wrote:I just signed up for the Disney Movie Club two days ago. There's not actually a whole lot of information on the site, so I'm still confused about some things. I know there's some DMC pros on here who'll know what's what.

It definitely worth keeping once you become a VIP. Once a VIP you can choose whether or not you would want a featured title or you can decline it. Also you are not just limited to Blu rays. You can get DVDs. I know netflix has that issue but not Disney Movie Club. Also they have exclusive releases such as DuckTales the Movie, Doug's 1st Movie, Kim Possible Season 1 and Season 2, The complete series of The Weekenders, The incredible Journey, and So Dear to my heart and many others on DVD.

Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

Yay! Thanks! So do the DVDs count toward my total for two years? Are VIPs required to buy a certain number of movies?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Linden wrote:Yay! Thanks! So do the DVDs count toward my total for two years? Are VIPs required to buy a certain number of movies?
Yes but only the DVDs that are I think around $21.95. If you order a $10 dvd it doesn't count towards your commitment. Blu rays have to be $29.95 if I remember correctly. Read the FAQ section. That should answer most of your questions

Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

^Thanks. :) The FAQs weren't available to me until several days after I asked. I have the answers to most of my questions now.

My order is shipping, though, and for some reason, it only counted as one item toward my commitment, even though it should've counted as two. So, I have to call them and figure this out. This doesn't bode well for my experiences with the DMC. :(
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Linden wrote:^Thanks. :) The FAQs weren't available to me until several days after I asked. I have the answers to most of my questions now.

My order is shipping, though, and for some reason, it only counted as one item toward my commitment, even though it should've counted as two. So, I have to call them and figure this out. This doesn't bode well for my experiences with the DMC. :(
Is this your first get 4 for 99 cents and get one $14.95 and then one for half price for about $10. If so only the $14.95 counts towards your commitment deal not the others. That or the $10 one does, either way you only get one of the 6 titles that goes toward your commitment promise.

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Also here's a link to membership details.

https://disneymovieclub.go.com/webapp/w ... %20Details.

If you ordered Blu Rays you are in a Blu Ray membership deal where you can order Dvds and Blu rays but they both have to be $29.95 to count. Here's a quote from that link above.
s and Conditions
Guia en Espanol
As a Disney Movie Club member, all you need to do is buy 5 movies at regular Club prices in the next 24 months (starting at $19.95 per DVD and $29.95 per Blu-ray for a member who joins under a DVD enrollment offer or starting at $29.95 per DVD and $29.95 per Blu-ray for a member who joins under a Blu-ray enrollment offer), plus shipping and processing of $3.95 for the first title in each order, and $1.49 for each additional title in that same order. You may cancel your membership at any time after purchasing the 5 movies.

By agreeing to purchase at least 5 regular-priced movies in the next 24 months, you qualify to receive 4 Disney Movies of your choice from the list of titles currently available from the Disney Movie Club for $1.00 Total. Shipping and processing is free. Please allow 2-4 weeks to receive your first shipment.

YOU MAY ALSO TAKE A 5TH MOVIE NOW AT THE SPECIAL PRICE OF JUST $14.95. PLUS YOU PAY NO ADDITIONAL SHIPPING AND PROCESSING CHARGE. This Bonus Movie will even count towards your purchase commitment, so you'll only need to purchase 4 more movies in the next 24 months instead of 5.

PLUS YOU CAN SAVE EVEN MORE by selecting a 6TH movie NOW FOR the special price of JUST $9.95 AND STILL PAY NO ADDITIONAL SHIPPING AND PROCESSING CHARGE.

About every 4 weeks (up to 13 times a year) you will receive a mailing indicating the "Featured Title." Plus you may also receive up to 2 more seasonal Featured Title mailings a year. That's up to 15 buying opportunities a year! You can choose to receive the Featured Title, an alternate, or no movie at all. If you do not inform us of your choice within 10 days or by the date specified on the card (either by returning the card, visiting the website, or by calling the 800 number on the card), the Featured Title will be automatically shipped to you.

When you join the Disney Movie Club, you may provide us with your credit card information (website accepts credit card orders only). You will be charged only for the movies that you order (including Featured Title shipments) plus shipping and processing. We will not charge your credit card until the date of shipment. Sorry, we do not accept debit cards or check cards at this time.

You agree to fulfill your purchase commitment within 24 months of sign-up. If you are unable to meet your commitment within your commitment period, your credit card may be charged for the value of the 4 reduced-priced titles you have received. This amount is dependent upon your initial sign up offer and the format of your introductory movies.

Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed! If you are not completely satisfied with your introductory titles, simply return them within 10 days of receipt along with written notice informing us that you want to cancel your membership. We will refund any money you might have sent, including shipping and processing costs, as part of our no-risk guarantee.

This offer is limited to customers residing in the contiguous United States and may be withdrawn at any time. Disney Movie Club cannot ship to APOs or FPOs. Limit: one membership per household. Must be 18 years of age or older to join. Applicable sales tax will be added to orders shipped to California and Wisconsin.

This offer may not be combined with any other promotional offer, including coupons and rebates.

All applications to join the Disney Movie Club are subject to review. We reserve the right to request additional information, to reject any application, or to cancel any membership. We reserve the right to alter or end this offer at any time.

All titles are subject to availability.

Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

Yep, I read it wrong. But I got FIVE movies for $1 and the other two discounted, so it's still a really good deal. 8) I added all the prices up, and even with three full price blu-rays, the average price comes out to be a little over $11 a piece. Not bad, if I say so myself.

Thanks for all your help disneyboy. :)

My movies came, and Pocahontas came without the slipcover. That really bugged me at first, but then I remembered slipcovers are a waste of precious resources and not necessary for anything but sparkly enjoyment anyway. And I am resigned to a slipcoverless Pocahontas now. :P
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

The only thing I think is strange is, I first have to register before I can see all the titles that can be ordered.

Is there anyone who could post a list of all the movies they sell through DMC at the moment? And in what edition?

I know it might be a lot of work, but it would surely be appreciated, especially by me... :)
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

They have a catalog of all available titles that they send to you with your first shipment. I'm sure if you called them up and requested one, they'd send it to you no problem.