Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Scamander wrote:Isn't this known for months now?
It was rumored but not confirmed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Scamander wrote:
Lnds500 wrote:And Tangled Ever After will be in Cinderella
Isn't this known for months now? :?
I'm pretty sure it wasn't. You knew this? And didn't tell us? :P :P
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Sotiris, correct that please, its October 2nd, 2012 not 9th.
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

Lnds500 wrote:
Scamander wrote: Isn't this known for months now? :?
I'm pretty sure it wasn't. You knew this? And didn't tell us? :P :P
Yeah, I thought it was discussed already on UD. :oops:
Disney France and Disney Germany confirmed it a while ago.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Lnds500 wrote:Sotiris, correct that please.
Done.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

The Pocahontas release has changed again. middle of June for both the original and sequel (i expect it to be on Monay 18th). There were problems with the production but they have been resolved. Nothing else has changed from the list I had provided some months before
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

I got this when I declined John Carter from the DMC

COMING SOON TO THE CLUB

Pocahontas 2-Movie Collection

In the tradition of Disney's musical masterpieces, Pocahontas and Pocahontas II, bring to life a fun-filled adventure of hope, courage and friendship. Now, these beloved animated tales bursts with “all the colors of the wind” for the first time ever in vivid Blu-ray High-Definition. To celebrate, these family favorites are coming in one, all-new 2-Movie Collection on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD. Experience the vibrant animation, amazing music and spirited adventure like never before with 2 movies and 2 great ways to watch. Featuring an all-star cast of voice talent, award-winning music and songs, and new bonus to delight the entire family. Complete your collection and bring these great movies home.
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

Can someone already confirm, if there is a German language track on the Spanish, Italian or Portuguese Pocahontas BD release?
We have to wait till August and it would be nice to have other options. According to many Spanish and Portuguese homepages a German audio track is included, while all Italian websites list a Dutch audio track instead.

Thank you in advance! :)
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

here goes...

UK
The Aristocats - 25th June
Pinocchio - 25th june

USA
The Great Mouse Detective - 18th September

sources
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php ... ost6137963
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php ... ost6141283
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php ... ost6143586
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

Can we have an updated complied list of what the heck is upcoming lol I've lost track!
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

CampbellzSoup wrote:Can we have an updated complied list of what the heck is upcoming lol I've lost track!
wtf?! first post! :?
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

I meant like the older catalog titles being released this year too (non animation too)...just so many to keep track of!
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

CampbellzSoup wrote:I meant like the older catalog titles being released this year too (non animation too)...just so many to keep track of!
oh, now I got it :P

It's an Animation thread though, not sure if Sotiris wants to change the "style" of the thread or even create a new one.
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

Well Pocahontas, Tarzan and The fox and the hound are released end of May in Holland here, no combo packs, just a hideous amaray keepcase...
Even the Muppets and John Carter don't even seem to get a special treatment and are released 1-disc no slipcover :(

Looks like Disney is going cheap on releases.....we didn't even get the bluray of winnie the pooh

Does anybody know if the combo pack(US) of pocahontas is region-free?
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Toky wrote:Well Pocahontas, Tarzan and The fox and the hound are released end of May in Holland here, no combo packs, just a hideous amaray keepcase...
Even the Muppets and John Carter don't even seem to get a special treatment and are released 1-disc no slipcover :(
How do you know they don't have slipcovers?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Lnds500 wrote:UK
The Aristocats - 25th June
Pinocchio - 25th june

USA
The Great Mouse Detective - 18th September
Thanks. I've updated the first post.

CampbellzSoup wrote:I meant like the older catalog titles being released this year too (non animation too)...just so many to keep track of!
Check out these two threads. You might find them helpful.
Lnds500 wrote:It's an animation thread though; not sure if Sotiris wants to change the "style" of the thread or even create a new one.
Yes, this thread is dedicated exclusively to animated titles on Blu-ray. If anyone wants to make a thread about live-action releases, that's obviously fine with me. I won't be making one as I'm not interested in (most) live-action films.
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Post by universALLove »

:o Does this mean Pinocchio is no longer a part of the Diamond Edition line in the UK? Also, it was only re-released 3 years ago how come it's being released again so soon? It's getting confusing all these separate releases in different countries :?
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

universALLove wrote::o Does this mean Pinocchio is no longer a part of the Diamond Edition line in the UK? Also, it was only re-released 3 years ago how come it's being released again so soon? It's getting confusing all these separate releases in different countries :?
Pinocchio is not part of the Diamond line in any country. The line is worldwide. It's been dropped in Germany, France (last year), Croatia, UK and I'm sure there will be more.
Toky
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Toky »

PatrickvD wrote:
Toky wrote:Well Pocahontas, Tarzan and The fox and the hound are released end of May in Holland here, no combo packs, just a hideous amaray keepcase...
How do you know they don't have slipcovers?
They're posted on bol.com and images do not contain slipcovers(in fact it are just old recycled covers) and are listed amaray...If they did contain slipcovers images are mostly different(containing covers with the typical blue borders)....

edit: i was just surfing and found this, which gives me hope..:)

PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Toky wrote:
PatrickvD wrote: How do you know they don't have slipcovers?
They're posted on bol.com and images do not contain slipcovers(in fact it are just old recycled covers) and are listed amaray...If they did contain slipcovers images are mostly different(containing covers with the typical blue borders)....
Yeah I had seen those but since the images looked identical to The Muppets and John Carter I was assuming they would be with slipcovers anyway. We'll see.

That image looks hopeful :)