Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Lnds500 wrote:
REINIER wrote:I pre-ordered tigger/nemo/aristocats/rescuers/rescuers down under/great mouse detective/lady & the tramp 2/pocahontas & tinkerbell.. All seperately to avoid customsOnly one delayed is Tigger.. Sofar
that's very strange :? My Tigger order was just merged with the other movies that are getting released on the 21st
I deliberately ordered them in seperately to avoid extra cost at customs due to the weight.. Also various delivery time-frames for each.. I get your logic though.. Can't explain it myself.. Maybe because I reside in The Netherlands?? Perhaps due to the nature of the dutchThere's a saying in England: The problem with the Dutch,they give to little and they ask too much!
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

Now here's hoping that these upcoming 2 movie collections of Pocahontas and The Rescuers will follow the same Blu-ray case packaging as The Princess Diaries: 2 movie collection and not the packaging of The Fox and the Hound: 2 movie collection. I know I'm not alone in hating when discs are stacked on top of each other. :roll:
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

According to amazon.com, "Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice" will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on November 13, 2012.

I'm hoping the blu-ray will include the first one as well, otherwise this release is not worth it. Also, I thought they would release a 3D combo since "Naughty vs. Nice" was converted in 3D:
When I recently sat down with Robert Neuman, the stereographer on Disney’s Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King 3D reissues, he revealed to me that he’s been at work on Prep & Landing too:

"We’re finishing up a 3D version of our Prep & Landing TV thing. That will potentially get a future Blu-ray release. The new one is great – that’s the one I’m working on now – and we may go back and do the previous ones.
Source: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/09/15/ ... p-landing/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Thanks for that SotirisWhenever I think I might have missed out on a pre-order.. I turn to you! You're my Disney Blue Catalogue
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment (WDSHE) has pushed back the release of DisneyToon Studios' Planes. The direct-to-video Cars spinoff will now debut on Blu-ray Disc and DVD in Fall 2013 instead of Spring 2013.
http://www.bigscreenanimation.com/2012/ ... -date.html
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Lnds500 wrote:
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment (WDSHE) has pushed back the release of DisneyToon Studios' Planes. The direct-to-video Cars spinoff will now debut on Blu-ray Disc and DVD in Fall 2013 instead of Spring 2013.
Wow really? Because it feels like they started advertising this like 3 years ago. I mean .. my God, are the characters from the trailer even going to be in it? What was the point of advertising this so far in advance?

:roll:
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Lnds500 wrote:
Darn, I was actually one of the people that was looking forward to this release. ...and I'm not joking, either! :oops:
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

It took them forever to finally release Tinker Bell too from the time they started advertisements...and is Disney All Access EVER going to actually start operating?

:roll:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Lnds500 wrote:Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment (WDSHE) has pushed back the release of DisneyToon Studios' Planes. The direct-to-video Cars spinoff will now debut on Blu-ray Disc and DVD in Fall 2013 instead of Spring 2013.
Does this mean that the next Tinker Bell movie, "Quest for the Queen", will be pushed forward to Spring 2013 or pushed back to 2014?
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Sotiris wrote:Does this mean that the next Tinker Bell movie, "Quest for the Queen", will be pushed forward to Spring 2013 or pushed back to 2014?
No idea. Also work on a sequel has started
On Monday afternoon, I posted briefly on Disney rescheduling the release of Planes to Fall 2013. Now it has emerged that DisneyToon Studios in Glendale is already at work on a sequel to the spinoff of Pixar's Cars franchise.

Film editor Maurissa Horwitz (assistant editor on DreamWorks' How to Train Your Dragon and Monsters vs Aliens) lists Planes 2: Fire and Rescue in the Work History section of her webpage.

According to her site, Horwitz worked on the film for one month last August-Sepember, reporting to supervising editor Dan Molina; he previously edited Walt Disney Animation's 2008 short film Glago's Guest.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

I'm wondering... since The Great Mouse Detective was released on April 2010 in DVD form and the Black Cauldron just 5 months after, do you think there is a chance that we'll get a Blu-ray release in early 2013?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

^Yes, it's very plausible. I think we'll also see "Bedknobs & Broomsticks", "The Sword in the Stone", and "Oliver & Company" on Blu-ray in 2013.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Sotiris wrote:^Yes, it's very plausible. I think we'll also see "Bedknobs & Broomsticks", "The Sword in the Stone", and "Oliver & Company" on Blu-ray in 2013.
Indeed! Aside from the already announced, we've got 20 classics to look forward to (Diamonds included). in 2012 we got what, 13 classics (+ Fox and the Hound)? maybe they'll rush out the rest in 1 year. especially if the package films are packaged together :P

Saludos Amigos
The Three Caballeros
Make Mine Music
Fun and Fancy Free
Melody Time
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
Peter Pan
The Sword in the Stone
The Jungle Book
Robin Hood
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Black Cauldron
Oliver & Company
The Little Mermaid
Aladdin
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Hercules
Mulan
The Emperor's New Groove
Lilo & Stitch
kylemj
Limited Issue

Post by kylemj »

the three cabelleros in on Disney cinemagic HD UK this week and isn't in HD so very unlikely they have descent master fir the upgrade yet
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has announced delays to two upcoming direct-to-video animated feature releases. Planes, the spinoff from Disney/Pixar's Cars, is now scheduled for Fall 2013 (original release date Spring 2013). The fifth Disney Fairies movie, Quest for the Queen, is moving from Fall 2013 to Spring 2014.
Source: http://www.toonzone.net/news/articles/4 ... ring-2014/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It appears that Piglet's Big Movie will be coming to Blu-ray soon. One of Disney's official YouTube channels uploaded on June 12, three 'Mini Adventures of Winnie the Pooh' videos featuring footage from Piglet's Big Movie in HD.

This also happened with The Tigger Movie. On January 12, they had also uploaded three 'Mini Adventures of Winnie the Pooh' videos featuring footage from The Tigger Movie in HD. On January 24, news were leaked by an industry insider that a Blu-ray release of the film was to be expected on August 14. The Tigger Movie is currently set for release on August 21.

Based on this pattern, I think we can expect a similar release window for Piglet's Big Movie.
Last edited by Sotiris on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

I sometimes wonder if you make the Disney release schedule :lol: (regarding Tinkerbell)

I haven't seen the Piglet Movie, might check it out! Thanks a lot!!!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Lnds500 wrote:I sometimes wonder if you make the Disney release schedule :lol:
:lol: If I did, it would be a much better one, trust me! :wink:
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

it also seems to me that they will be releasing other Pooh features as well. look how conveniently the movie banners make room for another 4 movies.

http://disney.go.com/pooh/dvd/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Lnds500 wrote:it also seems to me that they will be releasing other Pooh features as well. look how conveniently the movie banners make room for another 4 movies.

http://disney.go.com/pooh/dvd/
:lol: You're right! My guess is that those will be Piglet's Big Movie, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Pooh's Heffalump Movie, and Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin.