Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

This thread is about the worldwide release dates of animated Disney movies. I don't really see a problem. If you are bothered by it just ignore the thread and use the following instead:

http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29486

There are many international users on here, but the International forum is only in use, when there is a question about a specific international release etc. This thread is -again- abaout all releases worldwide, whether domestic or international. It may take you 20 seconds to figure out, which releases are scheduled in the US.
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

New release dates for Germany:

Aristocats - September 27, 2012
The Rescuers - September 27, 2012
The Rescuers Down Under - September 27, 2012
Haddad28
Limited Issue

Post by Haddad28 »

New Release Dates for Australia

June 6
Pocahontas 1&2 (DVD)
Pinocchio (DVD)
Pinocchio (Blu-Ray)

As stated on Ezydvd.com.au. I am thoroughly confused why they're re-releasing Pinocchio so soon...
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Haddad28 wrote:I am thoroughly confused why they're re-releasing Pinocchio so soon...
Me too. Isn't it too soon?

Germany is also getting a Blu-ray re-release of Pinocchio in August.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Middle East: 2013
Germany: May 24, 2012
The German release seems to got cancelled.

BTW You forgot the new "Phineas and Ferb" DVDs coming up in your overview. Shall I summarize it again or do you still have the info?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Jäger-Rose wrote:You forgot the new "Phineas and Ferb" DVDs coming up in your overview. Shall I summarize it again or do you still have the info?
Don't bother. I'm no longer including DVDs in the list. It's strictly Blu-rays now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Pocahontas 1 + 2 have been postponed for Greece.
September 2012 :(
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

For Middle East (Monthly Update - April 2012):

2012:

11-Apr-12 JACK & THE NEVERLAND PIRATES: PETER PAN RETURNS DVD
12-Apr-12 AN EXTREMELY GOOFY MOVIE DVD
12-Apr-12 MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE: MICKEY & PLUTO TO THE RESCUE DVD
18-Apr-12 FOX AND THE HOUND BD
25-Apr-12 POCAHONTAS BD
25-Apr-12 POCAHONTAS 2 BD
30-May-12 THE MUPPETS MOVIE BD DVD
27-Jun-12 JOHN CARTER 3D BD
08-Aug-12 101 DALMATIANS: SPECIAL EDITION BD DVD
08-Aug-12 101 DALMATIANS II: PATCHE'S LONDON ADVENTURE BD DVD
08-Aug-12 101 DALMATIANS 1 & 2 BOXSET BD DVD
15-Aug-12 THE TIGGER MOVIE: SPECIAL EDITION DVD
29-Aug-12 THE RESCUERS: SPECIAL EDITION BD
29-Aug-12 THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER: SPECIAL EDITION BD
05-Sep-12 ARISTOCATS: SPECIAL EDITION BD
05-Sep-12 CINDERELLA: DIAMOND EDITION BD DVD
05-Sep-12 CINDERELLA II: DREAMS COMES TRUE BD DVD
05-Sep-12 CINDERELLA III: A TWIST IN TIME BD DVD
05-Sep-12 CINDERELLA 1 & 2 & 3 BOXSET BD DVD
12-Sep-12 PIXIE HOLLOW GAME + TINKER BELL 1 & 2 & 3 BOXSET DVD
19-Sep-12 BEVERLY HILLS CHIHUAHUA 3 DVD
30-Oct-12 FINDING NEMO 3D BD
15-Nov-12 SECRET OF THE WINGS BD DVD
21-Nov-12 SANTA PUPS DVD
05-Dec-12 BRAVE 3D BD DVD
12-Dec-12 ODD LIFE OF TIMOTHY GREEN BD DVD

2013:

25-Mar-13 THE MANY ADVENTURES OF WINNIE THE POOH: SPECIAL EDITION DVD

Source: Rotana Home Entertainment (Disney Distributing Company in the Middle East).
tlc38tlc38
Special Edition

Post by tlc38tlc38 »

Anybody know what's going on with UP 3D?
Walmart: the perfect place to shop for a headache at a discount price.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

tlc38tlc38 wrote:Anybody know what's going on with UP 3D?
Disney hasn't said anything recently, so I'm guessing that there's an indefinite delay on it at the moment...
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

It has been confirmed that UP 3D will get a Norwegian release on the 6th of June. I bet Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Iceland will get this release about the same time as Norway...
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

In Germany it was released in early march.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

Sotiris wrote:
Haddad28 wrote:I am thoroughly confused why they're re-releasing Pinocchio so soon...
Me too. Isn't it too soon?
Perhaps Disney are abandoning the 'vault'? Blu-Ray will likely be the last physical mass market medium (and it will likely never reach the amount of sales that DVD did), the whole supply/demand thing won't work very well.
Aslan Kral

Post by Aslan Kral »

They released the new Tinker Bell trilogy box set(DVD) in Turkey this week which includes Pixie Hollow Games as a bonus. It's the same set that Germany got last month.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

yamiiguy wrote:
Sotiris wrote: Me too. Isn't it too soon?
Perhaps Disney are abandoning the 'vault'? Blu-Ray will likely be the last physical mass market medium (and it will likely never reach the amount of sales that DVD did), the whole supply/demand thing won't work very well.
In a recent interview the head of Disney Home Entertainment in Norway stressed how important the vault is for Disney, and that it will remain a vital part of Disney's strategy to sell the same movies over and over again as if they were new movies released for the first time.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

It's not going to work well when everything goes over to streaming/downloading though.
Snoops

Post by Snoops »

I am always interested to see the different versions of cover art that are produced for Disney and Pixar titles internationally.

I noticed that Brazil has had re-releases of a number of Pixar titles on DVD, with cover art identical (or, in the case of Wall-E, very similar) to the most recent US Blu-ray re-releases.

The cover art that caught my eye was Finding Nemo. Do we think this gives us a good idea of what the cover art will look like for the upcoming Blu-ray release?

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

yamiiguy wrote:It's not going to work well when everything goes over to streaming/downloading though.
That's still a way off.

I know people who can't get broadband, unless they go with satellite. The slow speeds, and insanely low data caps prevent streaming more than a few movies with satellite service. Until everyone has access to decent speed broadband, I don't see streaming/downloading completely replacing physical media.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

DarthPrime wrote:
yamiiguy wrote:It's not going to work well when everything goes over to streaming/downloading though.
That's still a way off.

I know people who can't get broadband, unless they go with satellite. The slow speeds, and insanely low data caps prevent streaming more than a few movies with satellite service. Until everyone has access to decent speed broadband, I don't see streaming/downloading completely replacing physical media.
I'm not too sure about outside of the US, but I read somewhere that our government has an objective to make every household in the country accessible to wireless internet by the end of the decade. Granted, I'm sure that means that you'll have to pay for the service through companies like AT&T and Verizon but wireless is supposed to end up being as accessible as a land line for a phone is now.

If that's all true, then the beginning of the switch might not be as far off as you think.
fatcake
Limited Issue

Post by fatcake »

According to EMC West's website, a post-production Company who specializes at producing bonus features for disney, are producing several bonus features for their new blu-ray releases:
EMC West made quite a splash online recent when a clip from one of our pieces for the Lady and the Tramp Blu-ray went viral (BoingBoing link). “Diane Disney Miller: Remembering Dad” revealed Walt Disney’s secret apartment inside the firehouse at Disneyland to the public for the first time — and through the eyes of the person who knows it best: Walt’s daughter Diane.

This is just one of EMC’s many recent bonus features for a Disney animated classic that’s nabbing rave reviews. Upcoming and completed projects include a re-creation of Walt’s lost Native American film Hiawatha for the Pocahontas Blu-ray, narrated by animator and director Eric Goldberg; Louis Prima’s deleted song “Peoplitis” for The Rescuers, introduced by Ron Clements; and an alternate opening to The Aristocats, containing an amazing lost Sherman Brothers song, hosted by Richard Sherman himself.

Aladdin, Mulan, The Lion King… a key part of Disney’s diamond treatment is EMC West bonus features. Animators know how to make images come to life, and EMC West knows how to make the amazing work that animators do come alive in funny, fascinating, jaw-dropping bonus features!
Heres the link to the post: http://emcwest.com/news/

Here are new Bonus features they stated in the post:

Pocahontas Blu-ray: Drawing Inspiration: The Lost Story Of Hiawatha

The Rescuers Blu ray: Louis Prima’s deleted song “Peoplitis” introduced by Ron Clements

The Aristocats Blu ray: Alternate opening containing an amazing lost Sherman Brothers song, hosted by Richard Sherman himself.

After reading this post I have noticed that Mulan was part of the list of the bonus features they are going to produce for the diamond edition !!!
Aladdin, Mulan, The Lion King… a key part of Disney’s diamond treatment is EMC West bonus features.
fatcaketom.blogspot.com