Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

Well, if there ever was a cover art to re-use it'd be this one. I love that image! If they gave that image a bit of a facelift it'd be fantastic.

The things I hope they'd fix would be the look of her hair. The tips look like they spilled black ink and let it run down the paper, and maybe some more sparkle/color mixed into the leaves that are blowing. I'd love for them to look like the leaves that float around Pocahontas' and John Smith's hands when they first touch.
abenotgabe
Gold Classic Collection

Post by abenotgabe »

I agree, this cover artwork is worthy of reusing. I never owned any of the Pocahontas DVDs, so I am really anticipating on BD. Can't wait for the confirmations to start trickling in!
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

pick wrote:Disney Brazil will be releasing POCAHONTAS this April!
Thanks for the information!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney France

August: The Secret of the Wings
September: The Aristocats, 101 Dalmatians
October: Cinderella, The Rescuers, Pocahontas
December: Brave
Source: http://www.disneycentralplaza.com/t1771 ... d-francais
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I wouldn´t mind that they use that image again.

Way better than the one used fot the Special Edition DVD.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Sotiris wrote:
Disney France

August: The Secret of the Wings
September: The Aristocats, 101 Dalmatians
October: Cinderella, The Rescuers, Pocahontas
December: Brave
Source: http://www.disneycentralplaza.com/t1771 ... d-francais
The Aristocats and The Rescuers on Blu-ray? Disney is stepping up their effort! But 101 Dalmatians, the animated classic? I thought it was part of the "Diamond" line as it was part of the "Platinum" line, and that it would not be released this fall since Cinderella is the "Diamond" title released during fall 2012? (Never understood why 101 Dalmatians should be regarded as a "Diamond" worthy title when movies like Alice and Aladdin are not, but that's another topic;)
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Prince Edward wrote:101 Dalmatians, the animated classic? I thought it was part of the "Diamond" line
101 Dalmatians is no longer part of the 'Diamond' line. It was first reported by Scamander in this thread
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Sotiris wrote:
Prince Edward wrote:101 Dalmatians, the animated classic? I thought it was part of the "Diamond" line
101 Dalmatians is no longer part of the 'Diamond' line. It was first reported by Scamander in this thread
Oh, I must have missed that... Thank you!:)
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Prince Edward wrote:Thank you!:)
No problem!
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

As much as I am disappointed to see that 101 Dalmatians has gotten the boot from the Diamond line, I can't help but be a little happy. I was always a little discontented by the fact that the Diamond line was intended to follow the Platinum line release schedule. The fact that the Fantasias, Aladdin, and now 101 Dalmatians have been excluded means that this collection has become unpredictable which adds a lot more excitement to the label.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens for next year. If they were truly following the platinum's line up, Peter Pan and The Little Mermaid would be next in 2013.
MuMu2099

Post by MuMu2099 »

singerguy04 wrote:I guess we'll just have to see what happens for next year. If they were truly following the platinum's line up, Peter Pan and The Little Mermaid would be next in 2013.
I would fully expect to see The Little Mermaid Diamond Edition in 2013 being as I already read that they were preparing it for a 3D theatrical re-release after the success of The Lion King. Can't remember where I read that though.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

singerguy04 wrote:I guess we'll just have to see what happens for next year. If they were truly following the platinum's line up, Peter Pan and The Little Mermaid would be next in 2013.
Peter Pan.. I hope it uses a new transfer and not the same as the DVD did. The worst "restoration" ever.
MuMu2099 wrote:
I would fully expect to see The Little Mermaid Diamond Edition in 2013 being as I already read that they were preparing it for a 3D theatrical re-release after the success of The Lion King. Can't remember where I read that though.
You read that after the release of The Lion King 3D. BatB, Fiding Nemo, The Little Mermaid and Monsters inc are all gonna be released in 3D.
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

I was gonna sell off a bunch of my Platinums to make money. Thank god I have a job now and didn't need to do that anymore. (I'm only missing Snow White, Batb, and The Jungle Book.) BluRay releases keep getting worse and worse with every release.

I strongly advice you that if you have the Aladdin PE to hold onto it. The supplements on that DVD are spectacular and I have a feeling they won't be doing anything like that for the Blu Ray.
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

Talking about Diamonds: In November, Disney Germany sent me the current list of all Diamond titles (ordered by German title):
• The Little Mermaud
• Bambi
• Cinderella
• The Jungle Book
• The Lion King
• Beauty and the Beast
• Sleeping Beauty
• Peter Pan
• Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
• Lady and the Tramp

All the others are officially out!
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

What I'd really like is Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Come on Disney!
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

In one month we'll be half way through :D

Can't wait to repurchase Sleeping Beauty in 2014!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

According to this official Disney Germany site, Secret of the Wing will debut in theatres there on December 6, while the TV special "Pixie Hollow Games" will be released on March 22 only on DVD as a bundle with the previous 'Tinker Bell' films.
Jäger-Rose
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jäger-Rose »

That's right ;) Click on the image for a PDF file. There are some additional infos though not that interesting.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

singerguy04 wrote:As much as I am disappointed to see that 101 Dalmatians has gotten the boot from the Diamond line, I can't help but be a little happy. I was always a little discontented by the fact that the Diamond line was intended to follow the Platinum line release schedule. The fact that the Fantasias, Aladdin, and now 101 Dalmatians have been excluded means that this collection has become unpredictable which adds a lot more excitement to the label.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens for next year. If they were truly following the platinum's line up, Peter Pan and The Little Mermaid would be next in 2013.
With 101 Dalmations getting the boot, I'm guessing they're just fast-tracking the releases to physical media, maybe the last time these movies are on any form of physical media.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

So this is the rest of the list:

2012 - Lady And The Tramp & Cinderella
2013 - Peter Pan & The Little Mermaid
2014 - The Jungle Book & Sleeping Beauty

Interesting.