Baymax!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Baymax!

Post by rodrigo_ca »

JUST ANNOUNCED: Disney Animation’s first-ever original animated series on #DisneyPlus: Baymax!, Zootopia+, and Tiana are coming in 2022, and Moana, the series, in 2023.
https://twitter.com/DisneyAnimation/sta ... 3660756994

Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Baymax! (TV Series)

Post by Clindor »

They are announcing like crazy! https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney ... -day-2020/

New "Big Hero 6" animated series for Disney+.
Last edited by Clindor on Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Baymax! (TV Series)

Post by Clindor »

Just Announced: @DisneyAnimation’s first-ever original animated series are coming to @DisneyPlus: Baymax!, Zootopia+, and Tiana are coming in 2022, and Moana, the series, in 2023.
https://twitter.com/disneyanimation/sta ... 3660756994
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Re: Baymax! (Disney+ Series)

Post by rodrigo_ca »

It will be interesting to see how this lives alongside Big Hero 6: The Series
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

The presentation said that every episode will have Baymax assisting a different patient (they showed concept art of Baymax and an older lady), and he'll have the ability to travel. So maybe it won't feature the rest of the team ...
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Trailer:
https://youtu.be/Y_ZnKZe81_c

Edit: they made the video private, they probably weren't supposed to release it until tomorrow.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Does anyone even care about this? I doubt even fans of the film do given there was already a long-form series and this is just a collection of random, inconsequential shorts.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I actually liked that! It was quite funny. :-)

Also, because this is being made WDAS themselves I really appreciate the consistency in looks and animation in comparison to the original feature film. As a child I recall that when I'd come across a TV series that was a continuation of an animated feature film, I was put off. This happened not because the series was bad or poor quality, but because I just couldn't get my head around the fact that the same characters that moved and looked a particular way in the feature film, now look so obviously inferior (never mind that the low-budgeted TV series would be adhering to mostly the same model sheets.) I did ot have the same problem with original animated TV series.

I am curious how these series will be budgeted, and if there will be a conscious effort to keep costs down since they are not made for theatres. Certainly this looks "theatrical" enough, but I suppose costs can be reduced by avoiding scripts that require expensive effects or overly complex shots, and not necessarily by hurting the animation quality itself. A more modest outlook, I guess.
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Since Disney managed to take down Disney Plus FR's video, here's yet another link:
https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1 ... 8667273219
A big hero will rise ●—● Baymax!, an Original Series, is streaming Summer 2022 on #DisneyPlus. #DisneyPlusDay
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

In addition, an official Youtube link as well:
https://youtu.be/lcYPrMk12zw
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

This looks fun. That trailer made me smile. "...Steve?" made me chuckle.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I liked the trailer too. Though I love Baymax (he's the best thing from Big Hero 6, in my opinion), at first I didn't think we needed this when there was already a TV show about the movie. However, after watching the trailer I think I've changed my mind. I agree with you blackcauldron85; it looks fun.

Do we know for sure it's a series of shorts, though? It's not completely clear by the synopsis. In the Tiana one, it clearly says it's a long-form series and in the Zootopia+ one it mentions it's a short-form one, but in the synopsis for Baymax it just says "series":
Check in with everyone’s favorite healthcare companion in a trailer for his new Disney+ Original Series. Created by Don Hall, the Academy Award®-winning director of Big Hero 6, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ first-ever animated series will take place in the fantastical city of San Fransokyo and will premiere exclusively on Disney+ in Summer 2022.
Source: https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney ... isney-day/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Do we know for sure it's a series of shorts, though? It's not completely clear by the synopsis. In the Tiana one, it clearly says it's a long-form series and in the Zootopia+ one it mentions it's a short-form one, but in the synopsis for Baymax it just says "series".
It's true; its length was never revealed neither during Disney Investor Day last year nor during Disney+ Day this year. It was assumed it's short-form based on the premise. During the panel last year, Don Hall said that "each episode we meet a new character/patient that Baymax is going to help". That concept seems too slight to cover a full 20-30 minute episode. It's definitely strange they haven't specified the length. Maybe it's because the series will be somewhere between short-form and long-form. If Disney+ long-form series are around 20 minutes and short-form series are around 5, then perhaps each Baymax! episode is around 10 minutes. Of course, that's just speculation on my part.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^Maybe you're right. It's true that a short-form series seems more fitting for that premise. I've noticed they didn't reveal if Cars on the Road would be short-form or long-form either. Maybe in both cases the episodes will be around 10 minutes long, as you speculate.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Baymax!

Post by Farerb »

Coming out on June 29.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I'm glad Hiro will also appear in it. A poster and some new info have also been released:

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyAnimation/sta ... 3965056000
In celebration of National Streaming Day, Disney+ has released a new trailer and key art for Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Baymax! Streaming exclusively on Disney+ on Wednesday, June 29, the all-new series of healthcare capers returns to the fantastical city of San Fransokyo where the affable, inflatable, inimitable healthcare companion robot, Baymax, sets out to do what he was programmed to do: help others.

“I thought it would be fun to do a Disney+ series with Baymax interacting with normal folks,” said series creator Don Hall, who helmed 2014’s Oscar®-winning film Big Hero 6. “In each of our six episodes, Baymax just wants to help someone—and a lot of times they don’t want to be helped. He sets out to fix a physical issue that he’s identified, and in the process, gets to a deeper, more emotional place and can be almost transformative in that role.”

Baymax! is produced by Roy Conli and Bradford Simonsen. The series’ episodes are directed by Dean Wellins (Episodes 1, 2, 6), Lissa Treiman (Episode 3), Dan Abraham (Episode 4), and Mark Kennedy (Episode 5). Cirocco Dunlap is the screenwriter. Scott Adsit returns as the voice of Baymax. Voice talent featured in episodes includes Ryan Potter, Maya Rudolph, Emily Kuroda, Lilimar, Zeno Robinson, and Jaboukie Young-White.
Source: https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney ... n-june-29/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

:zzz:
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

^ :lol:

But I felt the same way about the movie. And this won't have the benefit of Tadashi (who made the first 20 minutes of the movie bearable even if the rest of it was a dud).
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"