The Rescuers & The Rescuers Down Under: SPECIAL EDITION

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

I don';t really mind the 2-Movie Collection....but since I put my Disney's in year-of-release-order....I might have to buy two copies... :lol:

Just as long as there will be DVD-package release as well, like Fox and The Hound, it's all okay.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Exactly the same issue that I'm facing (and I guess a lot of other people here)! To put it between Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and TFATH, or between The Little Mermaid and BatB?!
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Ivan wrote:Exactly the same issue that I'm facing (and I guess a lot of other people here)! To put it between Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and TFATH, or between The Little Mermaid and BatB?!
The only two movie collection I have so far is Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 (besides TFATH and the sequel), and I put that in the #3 spot in the DAC order as that is when the first film came out. It doesn't really bother me too much and I am one that likes having things in order. :lol:
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

I have the Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 Collection after Pinocchio and The Fantasia Anthology after Tarzan....
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Princess Leia wrote:Will there be a DVD only release for both movies as well? I have "Rescuers", but not "Down Under". If there's going to be a new DVD only 2 movie collection like the Blu-Ray, I might consider picking it up and getting rid of the "Rescuers" DVD that I already have.
I'd hold on to that DVD for now, as Disney has apparently just canceled the DVD only edition of Lady and the Tramp. It appears the Blu/DVD combo packs are gonna be our only choices from here on out.
beastbeach

Post by beastbeach »

DancingCrab wrote:
Princess Leia wrote:Will there be a DVD only release for both movies as well? I have "Rescuers", but not "Down Under". If there's going to be a new DVD only 2 movie collection like the Blu-Ray, I might consider picking it up and getting rid of the "Rescuers" DVD that I already have.
I'd hold on to that DVD for now, as Disney has apparently just canceled the DVD only edition of Lady and the Tramp. It appears the Blu/DVD combo packs are gonna be our only choices from here on out.
Not actually true. Just like the lion king Disney comes out with DVD only a month or so after the blu ray comes out. Lady/Tramp DVD only is scheduled to release in March
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

beastbeach wrote:
DancingCrab wrote: I'd hold on to that DVD for now, as Disney has apparently just canceled the DVD only edition of Lady and the Tramp. It appears the Blu/DVD combo packs are gonna be our only choices from here on out.
Not actually true. Just like the lion king Disney comes out with DVD only a month or so after the blu ray comes out. Lady/Tramp DVD only is scheduled to release in March
No... apparently that DVD only release that was scheduled for March was just cancelled. See the thread for Lady and the Tramp.
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

I enjoy watching these 2 movies. I wasn't planning on buying it but for some reason now I am. Great cover that Disney made.

Disney makes great covers for their 2-Movie Collection releases but for their Diamond Edition they stink at it.

Great Covers:
FATH & FATH 2
Fantasia & Fantasia 2000
Pocahontas & Pocahontas 2
Rescuers & Rescuers 2
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

SWillie! wrote:
beastbeach wrote: Not actually true. Just like the lion king Disney comes out with DVD only a month or so after the blu ray comes out. Lady/Tramp DVD only is scheduled to release in March
No... apparently that DVD only release that was scheduled for March was just cancelled. See the thread for Lady and the Tramp.
Just because that release got canceled, doesn't mean a Rescuers combo DVD release wont happen. I would hang on to any previous edition until we have a better idea of what's happening with this release either way.

I think it was a bit inevitable that Disney would stop the new DVD releases though, I mean they were hardly showing much effort in them since the DVD only version of Snow White. I wouldn't be surprised if we only saw DVD in combo packs from this point forward.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

AladdinFan wrote:I enjoy watching these 2 movies. I wasn't planning on buying it but for some reason now I am. Great cover that Disney made.

Disney makes great covers for their 2-Movie Collection releases but for their Diamond Edition they stink at it.

Great Covers:
FATH & FATH 2
Fantasia & Fantasia 2000
Pocahontas & Pocahontas 2
Rescuers & Rescuers 2
I agree that I don't mind the combo covers as much, because they kind of match. It's almost as if they are creating a new collection like the Diamond Editions.

The only one I don't like at all was The Fox and the Hound combo cover. In fact I hate it. I wish it was more like the other three.
iconda

Post by iconda »

Canadian cover

planetadisney.com.br
Disney Live On
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney Live On »

Wow they have to cram a lot of info on one cover. lol. :lol:
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Disney Live On wrote:Wow they have to cram a lot of info on one cover. lol. :lol:
In Canada in general the cover does not look like that, only the bilingual packaging does I believe.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Okay, I'm watching The Rescuers Down Under on Disney Junior as I type this and I must say that the picture quality looks pretty good, despite some grain and spots here and there.

However, I noticed they cut out that shot with the "epidermal tissue disruptor", AKA the chainsaw. That shot, let alone other scenes, better not be cut from the Blu-ray or else I won't be too pleased.

Nevertheless, I had forgotten why I liked this movie. :)
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

There shouldn't be any grain in Rescuers Down Under... it's an all-digital film.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Well, let's not forget that this movie is over twenty years old. Of course, it might not really be grain. The only thing I noticed was the specks here and there.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

DisneyJedi wrote:Well, let's not forget that this movie is over twenty years old. Of course, it might not really be grain. The only thing I noticed was the specks here and there.
If you noticed specks and grain, it should be from an old master of the movie. They may have produced a Higher Resolution scan to be shown on TV, but if it has been sourced from an old master, it will look nothing like it should look.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Disney Junior were probably using the DVD master of The Rescuers Down Under from around 2000, which while anamorphic, isn't directly ripped from the CAPS files like later CAPS-produced films were. Hopefully we'll see a digitally-sourced master for the upcoming Blu-Ray.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Wonderlicious wrote:Disney Junior were probably using the DVD master of The Rescuers Down Under from around 2000, which while anamorphic, isn't directly ripped from the CAPS files like later CAPS-produced films were. Hopefully we'll see a digitally-sourced master for the upcoming Blu-Ray.
I won't be surprised if the film will be sourced from a print for the Blu-ray. The CAPS files are darn old now, and only God knows in what state they're in. They might be corrupted.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Julian Carter wrote:
Wonderlicious wrote:Disney Junior were probably using the DVD master of The Rescuers Down Under from around 2000, which while anamorphic, isn't directly ripped from the CAPS files like later CAPS-produced films were. Hopefully we'll see a digitally-sourced master for the upcoming Blu-Ray.
I won't be surprised if the film will be sourced from a print for the Blu-ray. The CAPS files are darn old now, and only God knows in what state they're in. They might be corrupted.
Don't they only have one machine left that can read the CAPS files? I could totally see them not deeming the film important enough to go back to the digital source material. :|