Incredibles 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: The Incredibles 2

Post by D82 »

The Incredibles 2 Teaser Trailer to Premiere With Coco
https://screenrant.com/incredibles-2-trailer-coco/
TrailerTrack is reporting that the first teaser trailer for The Incredibles 2 has been classified and is all-but-certain to premiere in theaters with Coco on Wednesday, November 22 – though it may arrive online before then. The trailer will definite be a “teaser”, seeing as it’s only listed at 60 seconds long, but that should still be plenty of time for Pixar to get fans excited.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

So excited for the teaser. This is the sequel I'm most looking forward to by Pixar after Finding Dory.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Thank. God!! I was waiting for this announcement!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

The teaser trailer will be released tomorrow:

http://www.pixarpost.com/2017/11/incred ... ov-18.html
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Dash's hair. I don't think it's been posted.

https://www.fxguide.com/wp-content/uplo ... rheads.jpg
(stupid thing won't enbed, I get an forum error)

Looks a lot better than the original. I didn't even think it needed fixing until I saw this. It makes me wonder how I was okay with it before. It looked like cotton candy.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Kyle wrote:Dash's hair. I don't think it's been posted.

https://www.fxguide.com/wp-content/uplo ... rheads.jpg
(stupid thing won't enbed, I get an forum error)

Looks a lot better than the original. I didn't even think it needed fixing until I saw this. It makes me wonder how I was okay with it before. It looked like cotton candy.
I never thought the original models needed changing either, but his hair looks so much more real now. Can't wait to see the others new and improved.
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

The teaser trailer is here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJDMWVZta3M[/youtube]
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

It's really odd and inconsistent they're dropping the definite article 'the' from the title of the sequel while retaining it in the original. What's up with that?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Loved that teaser and Jack-Jack and Bob look so much better. I don't think I'll be able to watch the original film the same way again. I feel the same way about Toy Story, especially with the abrupt change in quality of animation between Toy Story and Toy Story 3.
ImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Sotiris wrote:It's really odd and inconsistent they're dropping the definite article 'the' from the title of the sequel while retaining it in the original. What's up with that?
That is odd.

I'd be terrified to have a baby like that. How doesn't he end up lasering his hands and fingers off by the time he's 5?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Not as cool as I was hoping for, mainly because Bob seems shocked Jack Jack has powers. He already knew he had powers at the end of the first one, so to frame this as some kind of revelation seems redundant. Oh well, I guess the next one should be more interesting.

Thad deadpan was great though.
Sotiris wrote:It's really odd and inconsistent they're dropping the definite article 'the' from the title of the sequel while retaining it in the original. What's up with that?
My guess? They wanted to simplify things. The first one was two words. They didn't want it to go to three if you count the number, so they chopped of the "the". Not only is it easier to say, it allows them to make the logo larger than if it still had an extra word.
Last edited by Kyle on Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Ahhhhhhhhh, happy heart :D :D :D Bob and Jack Jack look so so much better than 13 years ago. And I'm glad they had a bit of the scene we saw at the expo. You guys will love it
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Kyle wrote:Not as cool as I was hoping for, mainly because Bob seems shocked Jack Jack has powers. He already knew he had powers at the end of the first one, so to frame this as some kind of revelation seems redundant. Oh well, I guess the next one should be more interesting.
Does he? The family just sees that something is happening up in the sky when Jack-Jack is taken by Syndrome, but they can't tell what.
ImageImage
Disney's Divinity

Kyle wrote: My guess? They wanted to simplify things. The first one was two words. They didn't want it to go to three if you count the number, so they chopped of the "the". Not only is it easier to say, it allows them to make the logo larger than if it still had an extra word.
That's...weird... But it's not like Disney/PIXAR are new to strange titles, I guess.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Kyle wrote:Not as cool as I was hoping for, mainly because Bob seems shocked Jack Jack has powers. He already knew he had powers at the end of the first one, so to frame this as some kind of revelation seems redundant. Oh well, I guess the next one should be more interesting.
Does he? The family just sees that something is happening up in the sky when Jack-Jack is taken by Syndrome, but they can't tell what.
I guess an argument can be made that he was too far to be seen clearly enough...the cutting to the close up of their faces just kinda lead me to think they were clearly seeing him mutate.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Honestly, I didn't like the teaser. The teaser for the original (and for Monsters Inc. for that matter) functioned like a snapshot into the lives of the characters and the world they inhabit. It gave us a taste of the characters' personalities and the overall conceit of the film in a brief yet fun and effortless way. Whereas this is more meta with the Incredibles logo in there and Bob looking into the camera. It also feels less inspired and original as it's basically recycling the scene in the movie where Jack-Jack discovers his powers.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Teaser poster:

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyPixar/status/ ... 6954352641

And an extended synopsis:
Everyone’s favorite family of superheroes is back in Incredibles 2 – but this time Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is in the spotlight, leaving Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell) and Dash (voice of Huck Milner) to navigate the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life. It’s a tough transistion for everyone, made tougher by the fact that the family is still unaware of baby Jack-Jack’s emerging superpowers. When a new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot, the family and Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) must find a way to work together again—which is easier said than done, even when they’re all Incredible.
Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/the-incredibles-2-trailer/

This article also shows a comparison between the look of Jack-Jack and Bob in this teaser and in the original film: http://www.pixarpost.com/2017/11/incred ... -jack.html
Disney's Divinity

I have to think the teaser would’ve been more exciting if they’d aged the characters. Just seeing them at an older age would’ve made me excited, I know. A waste of sequel potential, really.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Sotiris wrote:Honestly, I didn't like the teaser. The teaser for the original (and for Monsters Inc. for that matter) functioned like a snapshot into the lives of the characters and the world they inhabit. It gave us a taste of the characters' personalities and the overall conceit of the film in a brief yet fun and effortless way. Whereas this is more meta with the Incredibles logo in there and Bob looking into the camera. It also feels less inspired and original as it's basically recycling the scene in the movie where Jack-Jack discovers his powers.
Yeah, one might say this teaser isn't up to Parr with the first one. (see what I did there?)
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:Honestly, I didn't like the teaser. The teaser for the original (and for Monsters Inc. for that matter) functioned like a snapshot into the lives of the characters and the world they inhabit. It gave us a taste of the characters' personalities and the overall conceit of the film in a brief yet fun and effortless way. Whereas this is more meta with the Incredibles logo in there and Bob looking into the camera. It also feels less inspired and original as it's basically recycling the scene in the movie where Jack-Jack discovers his powers.
In my opinion the teaser wasn't bad, but I agree with you that the teasers Pixar used to do for the early films were much better. They were like little shorts, and as you said, they were good representations of what we could expect from the films. I was always really looking forward to seeing the teaser for the next movie, and to the actual movie after seeing it.

Kyle wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote: Does he? The family just sees that something is happening up in the sky when Jack-Jack is taken by Syndrome, but they can't tell what.
I guess an argument can be made that he was too far to be seen clearly enough...the cutting to the close up of their faces just kinda lead me to think they were clearly seeing him mutate.
I always thought they don't find out he has powers, but it isn't made too clear in the film whether or not they do. According to Brad Bird, however, the family doesn't discover it in the first film. This is from the last D23 Expo:
Bird also noted that the first movie ended without the family knowing that Jack Jack has powers, and they’re planning to have fun with that (as we soon saw in a clip described below). He also reminded the crowd that the Parr family house was destroyed at the end of the first movie, so they get a new house: one part home, one part superhero lair. It’s a midcentury modern design, complete with all kinds of sharp corners.
Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/the-incredible ... -from-d23/

Kyle wrote:
My guess? They wanted to simplify things. The first one was two words. They didn't want it to go to three if you count the number, so they chopped of the "the". Not only is it easier to say, it allows them to make the logo larger than if it still had an extra word.
I thought of that possibility too. And, maybe this is silly, but it also occurred to me that it could be a play on words with "Incredibles too", perhaps in reference to other characters in the film. After all, they said at D23 that there'll be more superheroes in the film:
As for the story, Bird remained tight-lipped. He said we’ll meet some superheroes who rival the Incredibles themselves and some…not so much.
Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/the-incredible ... -from-d23/