Incredibles 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Dashiell

Incredibles 2

Post by Dashiell »

There have been talks about a sequel for the Incredibles, which I'd LOVE to see. But what would you make happen in it?

The Parrs go swimming, and save the pool from some watery evil villain. As a token of appreciation, the manager of the pool gives them a gift basket, which they have no use for.They decide to take it to Helen's mother (Dash, Violet's and Jack-Jack's grandmother) but when they take it to her, they discover she has gone missing. The Parrs go to the police, who put up posters, and someone exclaims they saw her with another old woman running into a hideout in the mountains. The Incredibles go and find her, to see she is in a supersuit that resembles their own, except grey, black and purple as opposed to red, black and orange.
The grandmother, who reveals herself as Pyromama tells them she despised them being superheroes, when she herself always desired to be a villian. The other woman, who looks very similar explains that she discovered this, and helped Pyromama become a villian. Pyromama agrees and such, but the other grandmother then attacks her and laughs, claiming she was just using her to get the Incredibles.
Shocked, Helen lashes out at the other woman, who presses a button that traps the family in a cage. The cage in soon sealed up, so they cannot see outside of it, and taken somewhere by helicopter or whatnot. They arrive at a house, by a small forest, which looks identical to theirs. They are forced to stay there, locked inside, but everything is the same. They don't understand what is going on, but one day a newspaper comes through the letter box, and they see that it says the Incredibles have turned evil, destroying the city, and harming superheroes. Confused, the family discover a way to get out of the house, and start making their way throug the forest towards the city. They are split up by a rushing river, and soon all find themselves on their own, except for Jack-Jack is with Mr. Incredible.

Violet, Dash, Helen and Bob all start trying to find each other. Dash find Violet, who then traps him in a forcefeild, and send him flying into a cave. Violet finds Dash, who charges at her, and pushed her into a net. Helen find Bob, who punches her unconcious, and then crushes her with a rock, and Bob find Helen, who starts chocking him and sends him flying down a ditch.
Jack-Jack, who is unharmed crawls his way around the forest, and into the cave where Dash is. He checks he's okay, and Dash is thrilled to see him. He asks him where Bob is, but Jack-Jack just gurgles. Dash runs, holding Jack-Jack and makes his way down the river.

Meanwhile, Frozone goes to see Bob, and is confronted by fire, which melts his powers. Helpless, he is trapped in the Parr household.

Dash soon finds Violet, and they make an incredi-ball to find their mother and father. They find their family, and try to understand what happened, and begin to think there are imposters. As they turn around, they see an indentical famiy facing them, wearing black supersuits, like the grandmothers earlier. They explain that they were the Identicles After asking 'were?', they explain that now, they are the Incredibles. They have been doing villianous things in the family's place, living their lives and making everyone hate them. They were the other grandmother's family, and all they need to do to make their plan work is to destory the Incredibles, as to slip into their place.

Big fight, the Incredibles can't win against the Identicles and rush back into the cave Dash was in. They figure out a way to defest the family, by not attacking their indentical counterpart. Violet decides to attack the other Evil Bob, Dash decides on Evil Helen, Helen decides on Evil Dash and Bob decides on Evil Violet. Soon, after a really cool kick-ass fight, the Incredibles rush back to the city, to see havoc being caused. The police are after them, so they have to sneak back to their house. When they arrive, they see Frozone hurt on the floor. He tells them that Jack-Jack attacked them, and they realize they never met the Evil Jack-Jack. He has turned huge and is made of metal, so they defeat him, proving to everyone that they are heroes, not villians.

As a token of appreciation, the mayor gives them a gift basket, which they decide to throw in the bin.

Anyone like? I think the idea of an indentical evil family would be cool.
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

I didn't read what you had to say since I have yet to see the first one. :P ...but I can still post. :)

anyways originally I heard Pixar wouldn't make a sequel but I think that was because it was during the period of their talks to stay or move from Disney so now that Disney has their Pixar sequel department coming I'm sure it'll get a sequel or two. I haven't seen the movie but it looks ripe for sequels! (only if they are good of course) :)
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

I would love a sequel if Pixar did it. I don't really like Disney's Direct to Video Sequels(Lion King movies were exceptions.)
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

well, I think a sequel to the incredibles would be fine..:) it was a good movie afterall :thumb:

but I'm hoping that IF a sequel might be released, then PIXAR should continue with it..not Disney. :roll:
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

wouldn't pixar need to be involved considering copyrights? i havn't seen this film yet, but i'm sure a sequil could be made... if they mess with finding nemo i'll be PISSED beyond all reason! to me it's one of those that should not ahve a sequil. it stands alone! lol
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

No. Due to their contract with Disney. Disney has final say on all their joint ventures. However, I think Pixar would still get half of the revenue (or at least, some of the revenue).
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

if that's the case then i really hope that disney does not attempt sequels without pixar!
Disneyfan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disneyfan »

I for one am very happy to hear about this. I can't wait for the DVD to come out. Same with the first.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

The Incredibles 2

Post by milojthatch »

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

In what way? That he admits if there is a good enough idea for an Incredibles sequel he'll go for it. Hasn't that always been his stance? Isn't that practically any good director's stance?

I hate news articles like this because there is literally nothing there that needed to be told. I do wish there would be a sequel though.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I think there is much cause for celebration after reading this.

First off and maybe most important, he has made it clear he is interested in doing more animation projects and doing another film for Pixar. So his doing the 4th M:I film won't mean he is a live action only director from here on out. I'd say that is exciting.

Then there is the fact that Pixar is honoring his desire to be the one who creates a sequel to "The Incredibles." Being as he doesn't have the copy right, they do, they very easily without him could have given us another one by now. But they have not, instead letting Mr. Bird be the one who gives the audience more.

Also the fact that he is very interested in making sure it is made only after a quality story is developed.

Lastly, that the only reason why he hasn't written a script yet is becuase he isn't focused on it right now. I'm sure once M:I 4 is fully done, then and only then will he maybe start coming back to this. Wouldn't be surprised if that next film he makes with Pixar is in fact a sequel to this film. He clearly wants to do it, he is aware that the fans want more. I don't think a Pixar film has ever had so much good will towards a possible sequel as this one.

Basically, if you read between the lines, there is all kinds of good news from this!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Brad Bird has good ideas for Incredibles sequel?!

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Looks like you fans have got your wish (so far):

http://animatedviews.com/2011/brad-bird ... es-sequel/

"In an interview with Movies.com, Brad Bird reveals that he is open to making a follow-up to Pixar’s 2004 hit The Incredibles. Bird says, “I would like to think that I have several good ideas that could be incorporated into a next Incredibles, but I don’t have a whole movie yet.” He also admits that the reason Pixar hasn’t move forward with the sequel is because the studio wants him to do it."

Also, congrats to John Lasseter for getting a Star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame!!! :D
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

This isn't really anything new, I think he's been been saying this more or less in the past several years.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

You know, I was kind of hoping for a sequel. I wonder how they can top the original? :)
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

Actually, a sequel to The Incredibles is not a big deal to me anymore. Again, it needs to be a good story (that feels like a continuation from the first film) or otherwise don't bother.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Not to be a pain, but I had already posted this story:

http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29136

-Walt Disney
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

Heard it before. People who keep asking about a movie sequel need to give the comic books a try. Even with the ending having been put into limbo by Boom losing the Pixar rights to Marvel (though they'll probably publish it eventually in that Disney/Pixar magazine they're running), it's a solid follow-up
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

The scoop on Disney The Incredibles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L49jGwDogVA
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Sotiris wrote:<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L49jGwDogVA" frameborder="0"></iframe>
He has said the same thing very recently on an interview. It must be the only sequel I'm in favour of, just knowing he's on-board
kylemj
Limited Issue

Post by kylemj »

pixar seems to be putting out alot of sequels recently