Incredibles 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Incredibles 2

Post by D82 »

rodrigo_ca wrote:It appears that some countries (such as Portugal) are keeping it "The Incredibles 2".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixNjgphswhc[/youtube]

I wonder why Disney would bother with such a minor change for overseas. Maybe it's a whole Europe thing like Vaiana?

Wish I could say anything about the movie, but I still have to wait two weeks because Disney Brazil sucks. Oh well.
In my country it doesn't open until August 3, so I know how you feel. Regarding the title, in Spain it also keeps the article and in many other territories too. I guess each country must've chosen whether to keep it or not depending on what sounds natural in their language. In Spain, for instance, sequel titles usually tend to keep the articles even when the original ones don't, and I think that's because it would sound a little weird here without it. That might be changing, though, because at least the Avengers sequels have lost the article here as well.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I just came back from seeing this. I absolutely loved it. It's definitely one of, if not the, funniest Pixar film. My husband called it on Evelyn being the villain; I didn't suspect her alone being the villain; I had wondered if she + Winston would be together, or just Winston, but I also had thought that it'd be too obvious if he (because of his "niceness" + enthusiasm)/they were.

I need more of Jack-Jack + the raccoon in my life.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I'd love to see some Jack-Jack and/or Edna shorts like Jack-Jack Attack or the Toy Story shorts.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Just saw this! The animation looks well, incredible, much, much better than the first one. They did so great by focusing on the whole family, and at the same time Helen lead so well. I wasn't expecting it to begin exactly where the first one left off, and I thought it was great.

However, Pixar really needs to start doing away with the super secret villain who is a good guy in disguise. She was great, but it was really obvious to me she was the villain because that's what they've been doing for so long.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Just came back from the theater. I thought it was fun and entertaining but kinda forgettable and inconsequential. Nowhere near as good as the original. The narrative was unfocused and scattered, most of the themes were retreads, and the villain twist was way too predictable. Pixar really needs to stop doing that. They sacrifice characterization for a cheap surprise factor that most of the time doesn't even land anymore due to its overuse. While I liked the villain's character and design, their motivation was really flimsy. It's hard to believe someone so brilliant would have such a gap in their logic. It would have been much more respectful to their character if their motive was something as classic and 'evil' as world domination.

The focus on Helen was welcome, though splitting the narrative between her and Bob did a disservice to both of them. Ultimately, Helen went through the same arc she did in the original with accepting her kids being supers and fighting crime together as a family. I think a story just focused on her and her efforts to track and take down a foe would have been more sucessful in exporing the character's untapped potential. Maybe a prequel of some sort? Bob at least learned to accept not being in the spotlight and was forced to confront the selfish (and at times sexist) part of him, even though the overwhelmed stay-at-home dad trope is pretty common and cliché. Dash didn't really have anything to do and Violet's issues revolved around the same boy again. Jack-Jack's shenanigans were fun and pleasant at first but they went overboard with it which made it somewhat tiresome. The scene with the raccon was gratuitous and overlong. It would have worked better as a standalone short.

Frozone was just there; his presence felt very disconnected with the overarching narrative while Edna's scene was too short and her dialogue wasn't as witty or funny as in the original. Her interaction with Jack-Jack was great though. They crammed too many characters and plot points resulting in an overstuffed and bloated narrative.

Overall, I found the movie just okay. Serviceable yet mediocre and ultimately unnecessary.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Box-Office Milestone: 'Incredibles 2' Crosses $1B Globally
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ly-1130975
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Pixar is the first animation studio to have 3 movies that reached $1B including Toy Story 3 an Finding Dory. Disney isn't too far behind with Frozen and Zootopia. I bet Frozen 2 will join as well.
ImageImage
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Late to the party but I did finally see it. Overall I'm not disappointed really.I do think the villain was weak though. I also wanted more closure on the underminer. I mean, that's what what I left the first one wanting, and now we still don't get that? Maybe in a third one we will.

As for the villain being predictable, I honestly thought the obvious route would be that the guy was the villain, but he didn't turn out to be. I think this movie sets the new bar for human animation, at least at Pixar. It's a bit more debatable if we pit this against Disney's offerings. It's up there though.

The villain is the main thing holding it back from the original, but I still really enjoyed it.

Oh, and one thing I was disappointed by was their choice in recasting Rick Dicker. The new guy sounds nothing like Bud Lucky. I personally would have tried to get someone like Tommy Lee Jones.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Incredibles 2 won Choice Summer Movie at this year's Teen Choice Awards.
Choice Summer Movie

Adrift
Incredibles 2
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Life of the Party
Ocean's 8
Solo: A Star Wars Story
Source: https://ew.com/awards/2018/08/12/teen-c ... ners-list/
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Have You Heard? 'Incredibles 2' Is Back in Theaters This Labor Day Weekend
https://www.pixarpost.com/2018/08/have- ... ck-in.html

'Incredibles 2' to Release Digitally on Oct 23 & 4K/Blu-ray/DVD Nov 6
https://www.pixarpost.com/2018/08/incre ... -date.html
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

This movie has taken quite some time to be released on Blu-Ray and DVD. I guess it was such a hit that it's still in theaters in many places across the globe.
ImageImage
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Pixar's summer movies usually come out on home video in November. So this is par for the course.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

For some reason I don't remember Finding Dory taking this long to come out but that was two years ago so I likely just don't remember. Coco, though, just took about 3 months.
ImageImage
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Doesn't feel like that long to me, but then I just saw it that that long ago.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Highest-grossing Pixar film of all time. Will sweep every Animation award next winter. Congrats Pixar :clap:
Attachments
r9cc66_640.jpg
r9cc66_640.jpg (147.21 KiB) Viewed 5316 times
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

What else is ahead of it?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Kyle wrote:What else is ahead of it?
Frozen.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/245699 ... short-film
The Blu-Ray will feature a special exclusive short in the vein of Jack-Jack Attack from the first movie's DVD/Blu-Ray Release. It'll chronicle the night that Edna babysat Jack-Jack. So excited for this especially since I loved the first one! It'll be a perfect companion to it.
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:Home Video press release!:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... stcount=30
Though Brad Bird didn't want to record a commentary, at least there'll be one by the animators. And it seems we'll see Frozone's wife in one of the deleted scenes. They said she also appears in the final film as an extra, but I didn't catch her.
JeanGreyForever wrote: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/245699 ... short-film
The Blu-Ray will feature a special exclusive short in the vein of Jack-Jack Attack from the first movie's DVD/Blu-Ray Release. It'll chronicle the night that Edna babysat Jack-Jack. So excited for this especially since I loved the first one! It'll be a perfect companion to it.
It's true! Making a short of that part of the story that wasn't shown in the film is a great idea. I guess it was originally a scene that was deleted or was always planned as a short, because when I saw the film it seemed a scene had been cut there. I wanted to know how Edna managed to get along so well with Jack-Jack. Now we'll know.