DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:11 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 9300
Location: North Carolina Gender: Male
I don't think that tagline means it's ending. I would hope there'd be at least one last film with a reunion between Jack, Will, and Elisabeth.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:40 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 11745
Location: USA
Trailer #4:

(via ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Trailer: Are All Pirates This Stupid?
http://www.slashfilm.com/pirates-of-the ... is-stupid/
[Which mentions that Paul McCartney might be in the film...?!?])





(edited due to embedding video-- I couldn't do it on my phone last night!)


Last edited by blackcauldron85 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:01 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:34 am
Posts: 2632
Disney's Divinity wrote:
I don't think that tagline means it's ending. I would hope there'd be at least one last film with a reunion between Jack, Will, and Elisabeth.


It clearly states "begins" after it talks about the final adventure. My bet is that this will be something of a cliff hanger that will lead into one more film, and is really more of the last adventure between this fifth one and a sixth, before they finally shelf the series and then reboot it all in about ten years. No idea on that last part of course. :thumb:

_________________
____________________________________________________________
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:18 am 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:33 am
Posts: 707
milojthatch wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:
I don't think that tagline means it's ending. I would hope there'd be at least one last film with a reunion between Jack, Will, and Elisabeth.


It clearly states "begins" after it talks about the final adventure. My bet is that this will be something of a cliff hanger that will lead into one more film, and is really more of the last adventure between this fifth one and a sixth, before they finally shelf the series and then reboot it all in about ten years. No idea on that last part of course. :thumb:


since they are "live-actioning" all the animateds, i wonder if they will animate all the live-actions? :milkbuds:

_________________
big kid at heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:20 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:34 am
Posts: 2632
sunhuntin wrote:
milojthatch wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:
I don't think that tagline means it's ending. I would hope there'd be at least one last film with a reunion between Jack, Will, and Elisabeth.


It clearly states "begins" after it talks about the final adventure. My bet is that this will be something of a cliff hanger that will lead into one more film, and is really more of the last adventure between this fifth one and a sixth, before they finally shelf the series and then reboot it all in about ten years. No idea on that last part of course. :thumb:


since they are "live-actioning" all the animateds, i wonder if they will animate all the live-actions? :milkbuds:


Whoa, there's a crazy idea! I would be 100% game for a good animated series anyway.

_________________
____________________________________________________________
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:44 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 11745
Location: USA
New poster:
http://www.slashfilm.com/sequel-bits-es ... ragon-3/2/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:46 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 1182
Location: Spain
Behind-the-scenes featurette:




And new international poster:

http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/u ... r4_xlg.jpg


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:27 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 11745
Location: USA
Early Buzz: ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ is Surprisingly Good
http://www.slashfilm.com/pirates-of-the ... s-reviews/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 1182
Location: Spain
Apparently, a spoiler was revealed in the featurette that was released yesterday.

Quote:
Another rumor has been confirmed as Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales sails to theaters: While press materials from Disney have simply referred to Brenton Thwaites’ character as “Henry,” a new featurette for the film has confirmed him as “Henry Turner” — as in, the son of Orlando Bloom’s William Turner.

Fans were 99.9 percent sure of this, given previous reports linking Thwaites to the role, but this is an official confirmation from Disney. Henry is described as “a headstrong young sailor in the Royal Navy” forced to forge an alliance with Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) to track down the mystical Trident of Poseidon.
Source


blackcauldron85 wrote:
Early Buzz: ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ is Surprisingly Good
http://www.slashfilm.com/pirates-of-the ... s-reviews/

I'm glad the first reactions are good. It makes me a little more excited about it, though I still don't have high expectations. I liked the first film, but all the sequels have been pretty disappointing in my opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:55 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 11745
Location: USA
Pirates of the Caribbean: Tides of War Mobile Game Announced
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/201 ... announced/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:48 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 1182
Location: Spain
New TV spot:



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:04 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 1182
Location: Spain
New character posters:

https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2017/04/06 ... -no-tales/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:52 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 11745
Location: USA
Pirates of the Caribbean Sneak Peek Coming to Disney Parks
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/201 ... ney-parks/

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Premiere Not Being Held at Disneyland
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/201 ... isneyland/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:07 pm
Posts: 1212
Location: Dubai
I think the "Final chapter begins" is only in relation to Johnny Depp's character. Knowing Disney, they would probably reboot the whole franchise with a whole new set of characters.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:59 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 1182
Location: Spain
A new Japanese trailer confirms Keira Knightley's presence in the film:



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:08 pm 
Offline
Collector's Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Posts: 847
I'm so happy Keira Knightley will be in the movie. Since I learned she wouldn't be, I've been basically ignoring this thread and all of the film's coverage. I hope she'll have a somewhat significant role beyond just a brief cameo or flashback.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 11745
Location: USA
‘Pirates of the Caribbean 5’: Prologue With ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’?
http://www.slashfilm.com/pirates-of-the ... l-trailer/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:31 am 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 11745
Location: USA
“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” Preview Debuts at Disney California Adventure
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/articles ... adventure/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:06 pm 
Offline
Platinum Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 11745
Location: USA
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales preview at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
http://thedisneyblog.com/2017/04/24/pir ... d-studios/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:32 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 1182
Location: Spain
New featurette:



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group