Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

I am actually kind of curious if they're following up on the mermaid story. I mean, the way I interpreted the ending was that her kiss saved him from drowning as she dragged him down. I mean, that could be their ending. But I wouldn't mind seeing them again (something I could not say about Will and Elizabeth after one movie).
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 to Start Shooting This November in Puerto Rico
http://www.movieweb.com/news/pirates-of ... uerto-rico
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Sotiris wrote:Pirates of the Caribbean 5 to Start Shooting This November in Puerto Rico
Well that came out of nowhere. I suppose the script is under tight wraps then. Nothing has leaked. Kudos, Disney!
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

PatrickvD wrote:
Sotiris wrote:Pirates of the Caribbean 5 to Start Shooting This November in Puerto Rico
Well that came out of nowhere. I suppose the script is under tight wraps then. Nothing has leaked. Kudos, Disney!
Wait for it, no scrip in Hollywood has such amazing security that things don't come out sooner or later before they want them to. Just a fact of movie making in the internet age.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

Can't they end the series already, goddamnit?
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Disney has very quickly killed the story of Pirates 5 shooting in November. It's still in development.

I thought it was unusual that the new Pirates would start shooting in two months, when there's not even an announced director yet.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
JustOneBite87
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JustOneBite87 »

I heard a rumor from someone at the studio that they hope to start filming next spring providing they can hammer out some details with the screenplay. That's all subject to change and a number of variables of course.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

*phew* Still though...
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I do love these movies (the fourth being the worst for me personally), but I really and honestly do not think there is a need for any more.

From having a standout first film all the way through, to then having just moments of pure cinematic wonder in each of the rest of the films, a fifth is just not needed. Unless they bring it down a scale and try to recreate the magic of the first film.

I don't want a massive action game, I want wonderful characters. And no Penelope Cruz, or an insipid love story between a non-entity mermaid and her boring prince charming. Again, that is just my opinion.

I would love it to have an older actress as an infamous lady pirate .... Meryl Streep maybe ?! As a long lost love of Barbossa. Now THAT would entertain me! :lol:
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:I would love it to have an older actress as an infamous lady pirate .... Meryl Streep maybe ?! As a long lost love of Barbossa. Now THAT would entertain me! :lol:
^THIS
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

4th was my favourite!

I can't wait for another. I love the idea of different directors giving us their take on the movies.
stitchje1981
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stitchje1981 »

Kraken Guard wrote:I'd love to see Davy Jones return... :x :(
I totally agree with you Kraken Guard
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

PatrickvD wrote:I am actually kind of curious if they're following up on the mermaid story. I mean, the way I interpreted the ending was that her kiss saved him from drowning as she dragged him down. I mean, that could be their ending. But I wouldn't mind seeing them again (something I could not say about Will and Elizabeth after one movie).
I also think that he survived, and I would love to see them both return in the 5th movie!
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Disney_freak
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5

Post by Disney_freak »

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has revealed the Disney franchise is due to set sail once more in a few months’ time following the appointment of Norwegian directors Joachim Roenning and Espen Sandberg.
Bruckheimer said: “We hired two young directors who did a movie called Kon-Tiki. They just came to Hollywood last week, they’re just starting up. We plan to start filming end of this year or the beginning of next year.”
Bruckheimer, who was given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame last month – also hinted the film would explore brand new and “exciting” horizons.
Asked what he believes fans are expecting, Bruckheimer said: “We don’t know what they want. (If I did) I’d be a genius and every movie would be a hit, (but) it doesn’t work that way. We try to go by our gut and figure out what’s exciting; where haven’t we travelled in the past?”
Johnny Depp will return as Captain Jack Sparrow while Penelope Cruz, who played Angelica Teach in 2011’s Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, could return for the fifth film after Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom departed following the third instalment in 2007.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... z2ZhS2Mvco
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

'Lone Ranger' Fallout: Jerry Bruckheimer May Lose Final Cut on 'Pirates 5' (Exclusive)
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/lone-range ... 00781.html
Disney is talking with producer Jerry Bruckheimer about restructuring his deal for "Pirates of the Caribbean 5," and will likely strip his final cut privileges and limit the budget on the next installment of the film franchise, according to two individuals close to the project.

Bruckheimer has had final cut on prior titles in the franchise, which has grossed close to $4 billion at the global box office across four films.

Yet the failure of Bruckheimer's "The Lone Ranger" at the box office will force Disney to take a $160-$190 million write-down in its next fiscal quarter, the company said on its earnings call Tuesday. As a result, the studio is taking a closer look at all the films on its slate, especially high-budget fare like "Pirates 5." Bruckheimer did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Disney declined to comment, but its heightened involvement in the project is evident in the selection of directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg. Disney's choice, they demonstrated they can make a movie look grandiose with limited financial resources on the Oscar-nominated "Kon-Tiki."

Both individuals said the studio is hoping the directors will inject fresh life into a franchise previously shepherded by veteran Hollywood directors Gore Verbinski and Rob Marshall.

Bruckheimer and the directors will still have more than $200 million to spend on the production of "Pirates," which will return star Johnny Depp, but Disney wants to slim down a budget that was once going to hit $250 million.

Disney shut down production on Bruckheimer's "The Lone Ranger" over budget concerns only to resume shooting when they agreed upon a more palatable figure. The studio also took final-cut privileges from director Gore Verbinski, according to a report in the Hollywood Reporter.

The script of "Pirates 5" is still being worked on, but the studio has set locations for interior shoots in New Orleans.

There has also been talk about Disney changing its broader pact with Bruckheimer, whose deal ends next year. Yet unlike with "The Lone Ranger," "Pirates" will hit theaters with a built-in fan base eager for Depp to play Jack Sparrow.

Depp will appear in a trio of upcoming Disney films – "Pirates 5," "Into the Woords" and the untitled "Alice in Wonderland' sequel, another film in which Depp inhabits an iconic persona, the Mad Hatter.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Good for Disney.

Bruckheimer is a hack. There's no excuse for spending $250 million on a film and have it be a big fat dud.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Agreed
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

In total agreement; he needs to see a massive budget does not a better movie make.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I can't decide if I like the title or if it is too gimmicky a tie in for the park?