Pixar characters that you relate too

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Pixar characters that you relate too

Post by DVDBuff1 »

I apologize if there's already a similar thread. I did a search and couldn't find anything. Basically as the title asks, are there any Pixar characters that you share similar traits with?

For me it would be Wall-E. Like that lovable robot, I’m also a clumsy-romantic that likes picking up trash. Which is funny given that I didn't like the movie at first, because I was making assumptions throughout the film thinking it had some sort of political agenda. Then after re-watching it multiple times, with a mind free of my previous conceived thoughts, then taking time making new thoughts, it ended up being my top favorite Pixar film. If this sci-fi love story has (unintentionally) taught me anything, it's that when experiencing something new, expose yourself with an open mind free of assumptions, otherwise you might miss out on truly understanding something.

So who do you guys relate too?
frankf3
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Pixar characters that you relate too

Post by frankf3 »

Oddly enough I always related to Violet. Despite being a male, I have low self-esteem issues. In grade school, I was always shy whether it was meeting new people or working in groups. The great thing about The Incredibles is that there is someone in the family that I think anyone could relate to in someway.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Carl Fredriksen. Although I never was as grumpy as him, I know how it's like to want to isolate yourself from the rest of the world and not wanting to talk to anyone after you lost one of your beloved ones. My older brother committed suicide last year and since then it has been very difficult to trust and open to people as I used to.
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

DisneyFan09 wrote:Carl Fredriksen. Although I never was as grumpy as him, I know how it's like to want to isolate yourself from the rest of the world and not wanting to talk to anyone after you lost one of your beloved ones. My older brother committed suicide last year and since then it has been very difficult to trust and open to people as I used to.
Yeah Carl Fredriksen. After loosing friends and a Family Member by also suicide. I just find it so much easier to hide in walls and just block out people, because it's easier and less painful to be alone, than loose somebody again.

I don't think that I get as grumpy as him either, but sometimes if somebody tries or wants to get close I can make a habit of getting angry and then pushing them away on purpose. And is more likely to act happy, childish, silly and just mask the sadness.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Remy from Ratatouille.

I live in a very small town ruled by conservative people and small minded cynicism is the order of the day. I understand Remy's frustration when he wants to do more in life, but is told that he can't do it because of someone else's expectations. The scene where Remy confronts his father after he shows him the rat kill window display is a very powerful one because to me is what I wish I could tell to my family and this entire town; that life is not as harsh or dark as they make it out to be, and that a lot of it comes from ignorance rather than reality.
ImageImageImageImage

Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

Bob Parr from The Incredibles.

A lot of people can relate to how tired he is of having to conform to mediocrity. When every time he tries to do good, no one will allow him. How he just has to sit back and let life suck. It's horrible. His life of monotony is what leads him to start living his superhero life in secret.

No one can ever be #1 all the time, but to sit back and NEVER be special at anything is boring.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"