Monsters, Inc. Blu-ray

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
tlc38tlc38
Special Edition

Monsters, Inc. Blu-ray

Post by tlc38tlc38 »

Could someone please post the trailer for Monsters, Inc. Blu-ray on YouTube? I think it's on the new Mary Poppins 45th anniversary DVD.
Walmart: the perfect place to shop for a headache at a discount price.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

to my knowledge there isnt one, someone else let me know if Im wrong though. it was only anounced a little while ago.
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by geniuswalt »

It's actually mentioned in the Mary Poppinds DVD reissue review found on this website, though.
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

Yes, there is a trailer for Monsters, Inc. on Blu-Ray. It's really not that exciting though. I would upload it, but I don't really know how to do it.
tlc38tlc38
Special Edition

Post by tlc38tlc38 »

Amazon has the release date for Monsters, Inc. on Blu-ray for May 1, 2010. The booklet in my Bolt Blu-ray said it was being released on May 19, 2009. Which is correct, if any?
Walmart: the perfect place to shop for a headache at a discount price.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Amazon's date is just a default estimate. As of right now, Monsters, Inc. has been post poned from its May date. Disney's reasoning for this is so that both that film and A Bug's Life can be spread through the year and given a chance to shine individually. So more than likely we'll be getting Monsters around October or November when Up comes to BD.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

It's on the Pinocchio Blu-ray and Oliver&Co. DVD, too. I don't see it on youtube, though.
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

And here's the embed.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_i1JxqzZ5Oc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_i1JxqzZ5Oc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

There's a review of the Japanese import disc that can be found here.http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/2451/mo ... nc_jp.html
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

drnilescrane
Gold Classic Collection

Post by drnilescrane »

I've got no problem with them bundling DVDs with the new releases and the Plats/Diamond Eds (considering differences in restorations) - It's kinda nice considering how much of a jerk SJ is being about Blu-ray in Macs - but it's completely unacceptable on a catalogue release that's a) never will need a restoration, b) never been off the shelves and c) EVERYBODY ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET ALREADY OWNS.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

drnilescrane wrote:I've got no problem with them bundling DVDs with the new releases and the Plats/Diamond Eds (considering differences in restorations) - It's kinda nice considering how much of a jerk SJ is being about Blu-ray in Macs - but it's completely unacceptable on a catalogue release that's a) never will need a restoration, b) never been off the shelves and c) EVERYBODY ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET ALREADY OWNS.
I agree. I was really surprised when they made the decision to include the DVD. It was just like, "Really? The majority of people buying this will be upgrading their DVD. They don't want another one." They're gonna include a DVD with all Blu releases for at least the next year, so we'll get DVDs with all catalogue releases now. Yay?

P.S. Digital copies suck too while we're at it. Haha
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I got this in the Message Centre in my Disney Movie Rewards:
Subject: Get MONSTER-Sized $8 Savings!

You Can Save $8 When You Upgrade Your Monsters, Inc. DVD Or VHS To The New 4-Disc Blu-ray™ Combo Pack!*

Find the complete product code (UPC) on the back of your Monsters, Inc. DVD or VHS package. Enter the code here on the Disney Movie Rewards site as you would any Magic Code: via either the Home page or the Enter Codes page. Click here for more details.

*Coupon available through 11/29/09. Coupon offer good 11/10/09 - 11/30/09. $8 Coupon good toward the purchase of Monsters, Inc. Blu-ray Combo Pack. Redeem at a participating retailer.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

...in addition to the other $8 coupon?
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

What is new on the Blu-ray to upgrade? Is it worth the upgrade? I know the picture and sound but I am talking about bonus feature wise.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Matt wrote:What is new on the Blu-ray to upgrade? Is it worth the upgrade? I know the picture and sound but I am talking about bonus feature wise.
I haven't seen much of the bonus features yet, but the feature about the new Monsters, Inc. attraction in Tokyo Disneyland was very cool and interesting in my opinion! (And the picture is indeed amazing!)
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by geniuswalt »

Does anyone know if the Bluray is region locked A? :?
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

geniuswalt wrote:Does anyone know if the Bluray is region locked A? :?
It's region free

http://www.pixartalk.com/wp-content/upl ... ckage2.jpg
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by geniuswalt »

jrboy wrote:
geniuswalt wrote:Does anyone know if the Bluray is region locked A? :?
It's region free

http://www.pixartalk.com/wp-content/upl ... ckage2.jpg
Thanks